• We are proud to announce Season 10 of the Revolution Cup!
    For more information about the upcoming league follow this link!
  • We are proud to announce Season 4 of the Evolution Series!
  • We are proud to announce Season 3 of the Blancpain Challenge (by PRD and RSR)!

PC2 Resolved Ginetta Challenge E3R2 - Collision (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wabi

Reaction score
Date: 7.6.2018
Event: Ginetta Challenge, 3rd event - Brands Hatch, 2nd race
Members Involved: @Puffpirat
Description: An issue came when Puffpirat lapped me in 13th lap. I knew about him and when he approached, I saw him in the mirror to head to the left outer side of the corner. So I stayed in my line on the inner right side and downshifted to the 2nd gear to stay on the right side also after the corner, and let him the left side free. But on the corner entry came a punch from behind and I spun out of the track, whilst he continued.
I'm not looking for a punishment, just want to get clarification, whose fault it was.
Evidence:
my live race footage
my, puffy's and CatchAGlimpse's view from replay

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Puffpirat

RSR Family
Steward
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Looks like I was lagging. Which is obvious because I wouldn’t turn in on the gras.

For me you just spun infront of me, hence the “what the” remark. I would’ve obviously reacted differently otherwise.

Nonetheless would have been a whole lot easier if you would have given me the inside for the turn instead of defending the apex.

wabi

Reaction score
I've never had such kind of lagging, so I cannot comment this explanation. Just can repeat, that I saw you in the mirror to go on the left side.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
Steward
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I neither have a recording nor a replay so I can just comment from what I felt at the time, and that was no contact from my side.

I went to the left because I saw you taking a defensive or say tight line into the corner and I wanted to get a good exit to overtake you going to the next turn.

It obviously looks like my fault from your replay, so I can only say sorry to you.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Moved to stewards.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Having reviewed the footage from both parties the Stewards have concluded that No Further Action will be taken against @Puffpirat with 0 Licence points to be endorsed on his racing license.

It was clear to the stewards that this incident was caused by a Lag Spike and was simply an unfortunate case of "wrong place, wrong time". We would like to remind drivers that a stable internet connection is highly recommended as this can reduce the chances of incidents on track. Should you find yourself consistently lagging, or are made aware that you are lagging for multiple drivers, we would politely request you pull over safely and retire to the pits.

Closed for further comments. @wabi @Puffpirat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)