• We are proud to announce Season 10 of the Revolution Cup!
    For more information about the upcoming league follow this link!
  • We are proud to announce Season 4 of the Evolution Series!
  • We are proud to announce Season 3 of the Blancpain Challenge (by PRD and RSR)!

PC2 Resolved Ginetta Challenge R3 - Crash 1 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefly

Reaction score
Steam
View
Date: 7-6-2018
Event: Ginetta GT5
Members Involved: @Eugene Flerko
Description: I go wide on T1 and re-enter the track (which I think was) in a safe manner. I even went off the racing line and I went straight and predictable. Flerko wipes me off the track and didnt even seem to try to avoid me.
Evidence:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Eugene Flerko

Reaction score
Steam
View
Like I said directly after the race and today in the race thread on the forum all firefly can blame is his sync issue (or maybe sync issue was from my side?).
His car started warping on the start-finish straight just before the incident and then completely disappeared from the track exiting the T1. I didn't see him anywhere and went on with no obstacles on track. As you can see on video replay from Zemke below , my car went through firefly's vehicle and continued movement completely unaffected which couldn't be possible if the contact really happened.

Furthermore I had no idea about the collision he happened to experience because Firefly didn't call me out on TS. When I was on the straight line after T4 I heard him saying something like "don't you see me" without calling names so I had no idea whom he addressed to.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Moved to stewards.

firefly

Reaction score
Steam
View
I guess you don't have any POV footage available, which is a shame. I'm not saying that I don't believe you, but I find it a bit strange. I also wonder, why would you move off the racing line like that if you claim I wasn't there on your screen?

I've already received a penalty point for having an argument in a steward report, so because of that I want to keep this comment my last.

Eugene Flerko

Reaction score
Steam
View
You're right, I don't record my races just some replays but quite seldom. It's a shame, but I don't have much extra space on my drives.

I moved off the racing line because because I had to guess that you may be still on your normal trajectory or anywhere on the track and your car can reappear any moment. I had only two options: to move right side or to slow down and wait until you're synced again (or wait till my game says that I'm disconnected - just like it happened on Season4 at Hockenheim).

Btw I'm really surprised that you chose to ignore my explanation of the situation on TS after the race and later on forum. It makes me think that you feel really offended with the incident. I'm sorry about the off-sync issue victim of which you became but that's the dark side of online racing within worldwide community.

firefly

Reaction score
Steam
View
Thanks for your explanation. I want to make clear that I'm not offended at all.

I heard your explanation. I'll be completely honest and say I just didn't fully believe it. This has nothing to do with you, especially considering we had some great racing at Oulton park! I just wanted to make sense of all this and I don't trust other people's word as quickly as other people might.

I will shut up now, pls no bannerino!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
Steward
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Steam
View
@firefly - As has been made clear before, the case threads are NOT for using phrases like "I don't believe you". State your case and reply only with facts, not emotion. You already seem aware of your previous warning yet still continued. I don't want to have to warn you again.

The case is now with the Stewards and they will investigate from this point forward. As such, this thread is closed until the Stewards have made their decision.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
The Stewards have completed their investigation and are issuing @firefly with a Disqualification from the Event Results and 3 License Points on his racing license.

Firstly, we are yet again disappointed with firefly's conduct within the case thread itself, having already been warned over his conduct in a previous case. For this, he has been awarded an additional point on his racing license, over and above the 2 points for his actions on track.

The Stewards were unanimous in their conclusion that firefly was guilty of an Unsafe Rejoin, including an additional more dangerous rejoin just moments after the video footage ends. In addition, we have taken a very dim view of the attitude exhibited by firefly, regarding the incident, in the main race discussion thread. We would like to remind firefly, and all members, that every member is to be treated equally on track. If you have to wait for traffic to pass, before you can safely rejoin the circuit, then you must wait.

Drivers are reminded of their responsibilities when rejoining the circuit, as per Articles 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 of our Driving Standards:

2.1.1 - Should a car leave the track for any reason the driver may rejoin but only when it is safe to do so and without gaining any advantage.
2.1.2 - If you do go wider than expected and leave the track, you must allow any following cars to pass before re-joining. You may not block a car by returning to the track prematurely unless they have clearly indicated that you have the room to do so (eg. moving clearly out of your way).

The Stewards are issuing a final warning to @firefly for his conduct both on and off the track. Aggressive behavior towards other members will NOT be tolerated. Any repeat of such aggressive behavior will see his membership of RSR revoked.

Closed for further comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)