• Sign-ups have opened for the third season of the Evolution Cup in Assetto Corsa!
    More information about the upcoming league can be found here!

AC Resolved Ginetta SuperCup Round 3 - Race 1 - Divebomb into corner 1 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corentin_Bergès

Steam
View
Date: 15/05/2019
Event: Ginetta Supercup Round 3 Race 1
Member Involved: @miagi @Battenberg @Corentin_Bergès
Replay Timestamp / Lap: 28:40
Description:
After a very normal straight with nobody on the side, i heared someone was going out of the pits (Darksi) so i knew it wasn't the moment for an overtake attempt as @miagi was already battling ahead. Comming into the braking zone i had a huge lag (around 1 sec) which did happend to me at the same place once or twice after this one (in race 2). I swerve violently into the right by surprise and collect @miagi. @Battenberg cannot avoid us and hits me, spinning me into first corner, i was then hit by other people.
As i don't have the proof of the lag (i can't record while racing or i'd have 30 fps all race long) and this looks pretty nasty, i think this belongs here.

Last edited:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff

Battenberg

Staff
Steam
View
I saw the situation happen ahead and anticipated a larger gap to the right, so I went for it. I didn't anticipate the gap to get smaller, and couldn't react enough as I was already commited to that line. In hindsight I should have gone tighter to the right with a bit less speed - easy enough to say now after the fact.
Post automatically merged:

Also, looking back at the video, I saw Steve's green car go by afterwards and assumed that was corentin in the heat of the moment. I didn't know corentin was actually further back, so that's why I rejoined back into the race straight away. There's no car names in VR, and I wasn't looking at the relative box at the time of rejoining.

Last edited:

miagi

Steward
Hello, R2 Lap 2 it was I think. Had Corentin behind me and he was too far behind to be able to overtake in T1. The corner is simply not made to catch up on the brakes. But then he makes a dive on T1. I was a bit surprised, we touched but no harm done on my side. Corentin suffered more from this unintentional dive than I did. As I know now, it was not an overtake attempt just lag.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Moved to stewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)