PC2 Resolved Grand Touring Cup - Lapping Incident (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2scoops

RSR Family
Reaction score
Date: 22nd Sept 2016
Event: Grand Touring Cup - Rematch
Members Involved: @SirHunterOne
Description: I'm normally not one to complain, but this just really annoyed me. I got to the back of Sirhunterone to lap him, I think Bassetts had just done so and was only a little in front of me. He just wouldn't let me past, he had plenty of opportunities to do so, I asked to do so over Teamspeak, but with no answer. He even blocked me into the hairpin. I decided to take a risk and send one up the inside in the end, he was holding me up. Later in the race I caught up to lap him again and decided to just send one up the inside where you wouldn't normally pass because I knew he would hold me up again. It did cause him go wide and onto the grass which did make me smile, but it's what he deserved.
Evidence:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score

SirHunterOne

Reaction score
I am not sure we are watching the same race 2scoops and I completely disagree that intentionally held up.

First of all I was racing against Mohammed el Gueriri and NemethR for the first half of the race and planned to beat them in my pit stops.

For the most of the time that you claimed I held you up you were quite far back from my car and not close enough to make a pass, unless I lifted off considerably and would have lost quite a lot of time which would have defiantly affected my race.

There are numerous times where I gave you space to pass on the inside of the corner, but you were either not close enough or choose not to take the opportunity.

Possible Pass 1

Possible Pass 2

When you did ask to pass I was not able to hear your call over my in game sound however I had already given you two opportunities to pass me both of which were before your call.

With regards to your risky manoeuvre to pass me there was no risk as I clearly left the door open to let you passed on the inside of the hairpin.

I am unsure what you mean by “He even blocked me into the hairpin”, if you are referring to the part below then you were not close enough and I was also passing a lapped car as well.

With regard to you pushing me off the track, I had overheating rear tires, due to an issue with my pit stop changing on to wet tires, and had gone off the track myself after letting you through on the inside before the corner.

I would like to also draw on the Driving Standards regarding Overtaking & Lapping section below:

If you are going to be lapped, you should hold your racing line and leave the other driver responsible for making a safe pass. You may give the lapping car the racing line when the track conditions allow and their intention is obvious, for example along a main straight. The lapping car may flash their headlights or give a notification in Teamspeak to alert the lapped car of their intentions.

This is the race from my view:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Moved to stewards.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
After reviewing the evidence the stewards have decided that there will be no further action. We have decided that SirHunterOne left room to pass where safe and as there was only one request from 2scoops during a busy period for communication.

If a situation like this was to arise in the future the stewards would want the car looking to pass to make a second request or signal his intention in other ways, such as with flashing headlights. The lead car should also try to concede position where safe to do so within our rules.

Are you both happy to release this publicly? If one refuses the thread will stay hidden, please leave a reply in here.

@2scoops @SirHunterOne

2scoops

RSR Family
Reaction score
It's ok by me. I was expecting too much and didn't do exactly the right thing, apologies @SirHunterOne

Last edited by a moderator:

SirHunterOne

Reaction score
I am happy for this to be made public

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)