Assetto Corsa Graphics settings for VR (1 Viewer)

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So, with an i5 8400 & a GTX 1080, I can get a steady 45 fps (with forced ASW on with Oculus Tray Tool) with these settings, barring the occasional CPU stutter. This what I've ended up with, but I'm sure it can be refined & optimised more. My graphics card is only around 70% usage, so I think the limiting factor is the CPU, so killing unused background processes & disabling unused apps helped get back some performance headroom.

1546950114789.png

@Echo @Zedian

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
you should try and lower the FPS limit. You have it set at 200 there's no way you're getting that but the game will try and be up and down like a yoyo. Set the limit to 90 as that's the best you can reasonably expect.
I run on a i5 8600k with 1070ti and don't get vr issues (pretty sure i have some setings higher than yours to) - but then I don't go very fast. or sit and watch my FPS so I have no idea what I get but it looks smooth enough.
I also use the Steam VR rendering mode even though im on Rift. (occulus headset if great, occulus software to run it not so great)

Last edited:

Echo

Community Member
Reaction score
45ASW looks rubbish though, and creates nausea, the image might be clearer but it wont be smooth with bad aritifacts, VR needs 90fps.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Share your settings guys. I belive thats why @battnberg creatwd this page ill sharw mine once iv ironed em out a little more lol..

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Before Zolder league race, and in Mugello race, I have noticed that I have massive AWS kicking in. It was so bad that I didn't enjoy racing at all. So just before Zolder I lowered settings totally just to have a proper race. After race, I went googling to find long term solution and I think I found it for my rig (i76700/GTX1080Ti)

Here is video:

Even with SS 1.7 I have locked to 90FPS all the time - but I didn't test online yet, just in offline race with 20 cars - first I set up 38 cars but CPU couldn't handle it.
I noticed that one of the main thing in these settings in YT video is that in Oculus Tray Tool force "AWS OFF". I read somewhere that even if GPU and CPU can handle game at 90, AWS kicks in and stays at 45 when it is not necessary.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
well these are my settings and i have zero lag and im capable of using this with 36 other AI cars and no stutter or lag i have a few fps drop but nothing that is noticeable to the naked eye unless your looking at the fps counter
GPU. 1060 gtx 6gb
CPU. Ryzen 5 1600x
game running cpu usage maximum of 48%
gpu usage maximum 58% with 36 cars.
settings.png

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Before Zolder league race, and in Mugello race, I have noticed that I have massive AWS kicking in. It was so bad that I didn't enjoy racing at all. So just before Zolder I lowered settings totally just to have a proper race. After race, I went googling to find long term solution and I think I found it for my rig (i76700/GTX1080Ti)

Here is video:

Even with SS 1.7 I have locked to 90FPS all the time - but I didn't test online yet, just in offline race with 20 cars - first I set up 38 cars but CPU couldn't handle it.
I noticed that one of the main thing in these settings in YT video is that in Oculus Tray Tool force "AWS OFF". I read somewhere that even if GPU and CPU can handle game at 90, AWS kicks in and stays at 45 when it is not necessary.
I would advise to not turn of post-processing as you won't have braking lights of others cars when PP is off (very dangerous in GT cars!)
Other than that interesting video, will definitely try out the World Detail thingy.
I don't agree on the Reflections settings as I don't need that high reflections and mirror settings to get a nice picture. Same with shadows and smoke and keep in mind that shadows, reflections and mirrors are really heavy on you CPU, which was the bottleneck of a lot of people at Zolder.

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
FYI Zolder wasn't a optimized very good, so don't test on that. :)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I would advise to not turn of post-processing as you won't have braking lights of others cars when PP is off (very dangerous in GT cars!)
Other than that interesting video, will definitely try out the World Detail thingy.
I don't agree on the Reflections settings as I don't need that high reflections and mirror settings to get a nice picture. Same with shadows and smoke and keep in mind that shadows, reflections and mirrors are really heavy on you CPU, which was the bottleneck of a lot of people at Zolder.

That is right. Now that you mention that I renembered that I turned on post processing and natural mode with glare on high. (I read that somewhere in separate post than this video - sorry about that), and also turned off reflections because I don't need them when racing :)

Echo

Community Member
Reaction score
well these are my settings and i have zero lag and im capable of using this with 36 other AI cars and no stutter or lag i have a few fps drop but nothing that is noticeable to the naked eye unless your looking at the fps counter
GPU. 1060 gtx 6gb
CPU. Ryzen 5 1600x
game running cpu usage maximum of 48%
gpu usage maximum 58% with 36 cars.
View attachment 5849

How on earth are you running in VR with 1060.. I have a 1080 and I’m struggling.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
How on earth are you running in VR with 1060.. I have a 1080 and I’m struggling.
by getting my CPU and GPU to share the work load like it should a good balance of windows settings nvida settings and game settings.. and everything works as sweet as a nut its already been tested with online races and bang on the money imo..

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Finally here is screenshot of my settings. ASW disabled.

Graphic settings.jpg

edit: now I just tested this with 30 cars offline race and never fell below 90 FPS.

Last edited:

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Finally here is screenshot of my settings. ASW disabled.

View attachment 5857

edit: now I just tested this with 30 cars offline race and never fell below 90 FPS.
Will check tomorrow and see how the game looks like without reflections. Tbh I suppose it looks pretty 'flat' doesn't @Dama_The_Crow ? Sure it's better for racing and more fps, but I didn't buy a 1080 Ti and the Rift to play at graphics from the early 2000s... In that case I would rather go for 45 fps or even dips into 22 fps...

Will do some tests tomorrow which setting affects CPU usage and which affects GPU usage and how much does this setting affects the usage of these two. Will share my results in this thread, maybe we can shed some light into this how to set AC graphics up.

Cheers,
Exited

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Yes @Exited but I don't really think that you can see any reflections when driving in Oculus. Only important think is MSAA, SS and car detail (car detail you can see because it is close).

I tested much more tonight than 2 minutes yesterday and I saw that these settings are way too optimistic so I lowered a bit some stuff and now it is mostly 90 with occasional hiccups.

graphic settings.jpg

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry wasn't able to do some tests yesterday. Was too long at work and then drifting on a icy parking lot was too much fun to go home :D

Hopefully there is some time the next days to do the testing!

Microlander

Community Member
Reaction score
Is there any particular settings in the oculus tray tool that people would recommend? looking to download it again as before it kept breaking for me :eek:
I use a 1060 and with 36 cars on the grid i never get over 45fps

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Is there any particular settings in the oculus tray tool that people would recommend? looking to download it again as before it kept breaking for me :eek:

Turn off many apps as possible on your HUD. I also didn't know that for example, sidekick, is takin soo much FPS.

Maybe try to force AWS off in OTT and see is it any better.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry bud, but with a 1060 I would suppose everything on low, Post Processing off, PPD to 1.0 :-/
But in my experience when cars go up to more than 30, AC becomes horribly CPU bottlenecked on my system. Even when reducing my settings to medium or low I can't achieve more than 45fps because the single render thread is capping...
So you need a beefy GPU and CPU to have enough frames in VR, which makes everything even more expensive..

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I also use the Steam VR rendering mode even though im on Rift. (occulus headset if great, occulus software to run it not so great)

How do you do that? I started Steam VR, and when I put HMD on Oculus software started on it's own.

Users who are viewing this thread