PC2 Resolved Historic BTCC - Incident (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormin

Reaction score
Steam
View
Date: 20/07/17
Event: Historic BTCC
Members Involved: @Elodyr
Description: Rear ended in race two on the braking zone into the first corner after the green, @Elodyr pushed me into @Jesper Ramsberg and then carried on knocking me sideways of the track and then ploughing into other cars also
Evidence:
Jesper vid
Nighttiger vid

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Elodyr

Reaction score
Steam
View
First of all I'm sorry about the tap on the back. I underestimated my excess speed and wanted to do normal braking which you'll see from my POV. I ended up not having enough room out of my misjudgement. Following that I had quite a bit of understeer which you will be able to see on my video down below. My comment about being pushed was because I thought I was hit from the inside but it was just a side effect of the sticky car situation that's going on in PCars in general.

The hit with nighttiger resulted out of FreakSuperman unsafely rejoining the track and not leaving me any space to avoid him.

Following the incident with Stormin you can see the rest of the havoc in the midfield unfold where I was just a passenger of the car at this point being pushed around from every angle.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Moved to stewards.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
After reviewing the incident between @Elodyr and @Stormin, the @Stewards have decided that no further action is to be taken. That said, we do need to remind @Elodyr of his responsibilities, as a member of RSR, in the event of avoidable contact in a race. As per Driving Standards 1.1.3 :

"If you accidentally knock/push/shunt another car off the track, you must slow down and wait for them to rejoin the race and take back their position. Every driver is to be shown the same level of respect. This rule can only be overruled by the affected driver telling you over voice chat to keep going."

In addition, take it a little steadier at the start and be prepared for drivers around you braking earlier than you might otherwise expect. Any repeat of this type of incident will be dealt with much more severely.

As a sidenote, since the accident caused by @Freak Superman rejoining the circuit wasn't reported, it will not be investigated. The @Stewards are only here to investigate incidents that are reported to us, as per the incident reporting guidelines.

The @Stewards would also like to apologise for the delay in responding. We are currently in the process of implementing new stewarding procedures, to streamline this process in future and this has caused some delays in the meantime.

Are you both happy to release this publicly? If one refuses the thread will stay hidden, please leave a reply in here.

@Stormin @Elodyr

Elodyr

Reaction score
Steam
View
I have to apologise again for the incident and will be sure to take it a little easier in future starts since I was overagressive in this one.

I didn't mind the rejoin of FreakSuperman to the point where I'd report it since it didn't really matter for me at that point. I only mentioned him because it forced my collision with Nighttiger.

I also don't mind if this goes public. I am aware of my fault in this case and I if Stormin wants this to be public I have no issue with it :)

Stormin

Reaction score
Steam
View
I think the stewards have let you off lightly on this occasion with a "reminder"
Nuff said.

Feel free to publish.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)