PC2 Resolved Historic BTCC - Incident (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elodyr

Reaction score
Steam
View
Date: 20.07.2017
Event: Historic BTCC
Members Involved: @FuBii
Description: This was at the first race. I was fighting with James and partially Feanor for 5th position for the last few laps and then I got tapped in the back by steve making me lose my car exiting the right hander. This is a incident that can happen and which I don't see any point in prosecuting.

The real issue was when I was rejoining the track. I was driving beside the road trying to find an opening where I can safely rejoin the track since the cars are runing at quite a speed at this stage of the track. 118 proceeds to pass me without any problems and I brake in front of the fast lefthander since I know I'd hold up extremekarter and Mohammed if I wouldn't. After that and after being on the track for a solid few seconds I just get hit quite harshly in the back by Fubii for no apparent reason since I didn't just appear out of the blue. This messed up the back of my car and ultimately made me uncompetitive for a top spot through the consistent time loss resulting out of it.

Evidence:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score

FuBii

Reaction score
Steam
View
Firstly I'd have to apologise, I don't recall making contact with anyone to cause damage, certainly not to make them noncompetitive. I will always try to avoid other cars to the point of leaving the track if need be. If this did occur it would only be due lack of space &/or time to react. I have no evidence to back up my point & will humbly accept any punishment imposed & can again only apologise for the incident.
Having just watched the video, I had no clue he had just rejoined & did not expect him to be as slow through that particular corner, still does not excuse my ignorance, my earlier statement regarding punishment stands.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Moved to stewards.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Having reviewed the available footage, the @Stewards have decided to take no further action at this time. We are, however, deeply concerned that @FuBii was unable to recall the incident having actually occurred, especially given the severity of the impact. We also remind him of our Driving Standards, notably item 1.1.3, for what to do in the event of an incident:

"If you accidentally knock/push/shunt another car off the track, you must slow down and wait for them to rejoin the race and take back their position. Every driver is to be shown the same level of respect. This rule can only be overruled by the affected driver telling you over voice chat to keep going"

Any further incidents of this nature will be met with harsher judgements.

The @Stewards would also like to apologise for the delay in responding. We are currently in the process of implementing new stewarding procedures, to streamline this process in future and this has caused some delays in the meantime.

As a closing note, the @Stewards are immensely impressed by the manner in which @Elodyr rejoined the circuit, it was a textbook example of how rejoins should be conducted.

Are you both happy to release this publicly? If one refuses the thread will stay hidden, please leave a reply in here.

@Elodyr @FuBii

FuBii

Reaction score
Steam
View
I am happy for this to be released & can thank the stewards for looking into this. I can only apologise again @Elodyr.

Elodyr

Reaction score
Steam
View
I don't mind this case being released to the public. I accept the apology, what happens happens in a race we can't change the result of it ^^

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)