How Did You Discover RSR? (1 Viewer)

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd start this thread out of interest and for a bit of fun, as well as giving us staff a rough idea of where out main intake is coming from.

The idea is simple, share your story of how you came to discover and join RSR. Who told you about us? Did you watch a video of one of our events? Did you read a post on a forum? Did a psychic have a premonition while reading your palm and tell you that you would find the amazing sim racing community you've always wanted to join at revolutionsimracing.com? Include any links, videos or shoutouts to members that you feel help to tell your story.

For some of you this all happened quite recently, for others it might be a struggle to think back that far but be a fun trip down memory lane nonetheless.

Happy posting!

Michael (SillySausage)

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm a TGC refugee :p 'The Gentlemen's Club' was a group that helped develop the 1st game, and organised races (a lot like RSR) once it was released. Sadly it fell apart and a big chunk of their staff made RSR, so I was here as a regular member on day 1. I later became a member of staff after hanging around inductions too often :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I had a fortune cookie, at the end of a delicious meal with the Dalai Lama, which read "A revolution is coming, this is real, not a simulation, people are already racing to join up". Well, as soon as I read it I understood the hidden meaning and as I looked up, my eyes wide open at the thought of the new world that awaited me, the Dalai Lama gave me a wry smile and a wink. He then pulled his face off to reveal that he was not the Dalai Lama, but @t0daY .

True story :)

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
I saw a chicken crossing the road towards a KFC, that's when I thought, I have to follow the chicken for some coleslaw. Then it turned out it was @Cluck who was following the Dalai Lama @t0daY to RSR.

You think this story is true? Not this time - it is pure fiction. Your Jonathan LeFrakes.

True(r) story: Simply stumbled across the RSR thread in the official Pcars forum and contacted Pam and Cluck about the joining-process. That was back then, when RSR just emerged from the remnants of TGC and didn't even have its own website.

Last edited:

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
I started watching videos by @Yorkie_065 back in the "The Gentlemens Club" era. He was quite often featuring/mentioning @MelBonkers
Those streams/video's got me interested in PCars when it came out. Bought it, including steeringwheel/pedals/shifters. Still kept watching their videos. At some point I fell confident enough to signup for TGC. Joined a few induction sessions, but then everything fell apart. Inductions didn't happen anymore. No more communication from TGC staff, it all fell apart.

From its ashes arose RSR. And thats where I know RSR from.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
For me it was about 18 months ago, I bought Pcars1 in a steam sale and thought hey where can i go racing so found the Pcars1 website and looked through the leagues section, and after reading all three that were advertised decided two of them didnt look very good or fun and decided to join this crazy group called RevolutionSimRacing, signed up to the forum, jumped on TS one night and chatted to @FlyingKman and came for induction. The rest as they say is history.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
When i first bought Project Cars 1 i played single player but soon i realised the AI were rubbish and decided to try multiplayer, I found myself driving all sorts of different tracks and cars but being public lobbies it was a dangerous place to be and eventually that became frustrating. One night i joined a lobby that was open car choice at Cadwell Park where i met @FuBii who i thought was a bit crazy driving the BAC mono having tried that car and hated it :D we got chatting and i soon discovered he was practising for a league(season 1) I thought that was pretty cool but i thought this was beyond my pace and ability.

A few months passed and i had forgotten about the league until a message pops up from @FuBii telling me i should sign up ASAP so i did. I signed up having read the rules and having a few questions answered by @t0daY who guided me on the process of induction and what to do after. I joined induction with some nerves wondering where i would fit into the whole sim racing world. induction was so much fun knowing that i could race with people who wont crash into me to get past. I was fortunate enough to win my first induction race holding off @Battenberg for the final few laps(who was working and probably not pushing). I passed induction then Fubii told me to signup to the league(season 2) which was almost at the end of signups and time trials. I made it into split 1 and had a good first race fighting with Fubii.

This all took place over 1 year ago(14 months to be precise) since then i have met so many wonderful people and made some awesome friends. As i had such a warm welcome when joining RSR i decided i wanted to give something back and welcome the new applicants as well as join induction. since then i have stepped up as a staff member which is a lot of work but its worth it to see the awesome racing we have.

Unlike most communities RSR is like a family and for some its home.

p.s sorry for the ramble :D :D

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Much like @Battenberg and @Ashnoom I joined 'The Gentlemen's Club' at the tail end of it's life (@Battenberg and I actually did our induction at the same time under the old dynamic duo of @Hobbnob and @Pamellaaa), upon the actual release of pCARS 1. Also like @Ashnoom I first discovered it through the videos of @Yorkie_065, one in particular that just happened to pop up in my recommended viewing list one day. This one:

You'll probably recognise quite a few names in there still racing with RSR today! When I saw how close, fair and realistic the racing was I thought it was sooo cool and knew I wanted to be a part of that (regardless of the timezone difference) even though I had no plans to do any competitive online racing before. It took me a few weeks to work up the courage and confidence to sign up after more than a decade of driving solo and against AI but I'm glad I did!

By the end of TGC only a few months later I was starting to think of helping out with the running of things in small ways which put me in contact with @t0daY who told me of his bold plan (RSR) he was secretly developing in the background. From there we experienced the days of RSR being run off a single forum thread before eventually the website came along. At this point I still wasn't a staff member but was in close contact with @t0daY helping with a few small things and even got to see the website before it was released (meaning I was one of the first registered members, even before some of the founding members were!).

...and here we are today! I wouldn't want to be racing anywhere else, all thanks to a silly YouTube algorithm :)

Zemke

Community Member
Reaction score
The psychic palm reader thing.

Nah, just kidding. I was visiting the official Project CARS 2 forums in the hopes of finding a league to join and I saw the announcement for the Season 4 Cup. I then registered on this website, signed up and passed the Induction, and now y'all have to suffer lapping me during official races. MWAHAHA!

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
When i bought Pcars 1, my first proper racing game, i entered a Portuguese simracing community: PTSims. However they soon abandoned Project Cars to focus exclusively on Asseto Corsa.
Without a community in Pcars2 i talked with a guy there that i had a good relationship with and he is also a backer (he is one of those names that you can find as an AI ingame) and asked him if he knew of any Pcars2 community: he told me about RSR (altough he is not a member himself)....the rest is history :)

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
...a guy there that i had a good relationship with and he is also a backer (he is one of those names that you can find as an AI ingame) ...

There are plenty of THOSE guys around here too.:rolleyes:

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
Trolling pCars1 Youtube video's, I found Yorkie. He was occasionally driving with TGC guys, so I looked to join up too.
But in one of his video's he mentioned AOR, so I signup there. Got to know him, and he also mentioned he drove with the RSR guys! So I also joined in.
Wasn't very active, or rather, I was VERY active in AOR - But there was always something about RSR that appealed to me.
It just seamed a really nice core group of ppl running some good events.
Manu also raced in AOR league for a little, and he just peeked my interest back into RSR.
I'm at the point of stopping joining the GT3 seasons in AOR (been in since race 1 of season 1 in pCars1!) - But it is (for want of a better way of putting it) getting a little....well...boring!

I'm still active in AOR (Running the Endurance League), and also any Default 'filler' leagues - But I just keep finding myself in the RSR races, as there is a lot more variety, and the racing feels......just nicer!
And that's really down to the guys running the show, and the drivers joining in!

Just a really nice place to be!

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
OG TGC Member who helped with consulting for @t0daY during the last day's of TGC and eventual creation of RSR. Resident alien and @Puffpirat's original arch nemesis that almost caused him a heart attack at Oulton Park in the Ginnetta G40. :D Founding member and on staff for a while. Parted ways for me to pursue my goal of trying to achieve Pro status in iRacing. Provided Assetto Corsa Competizione is decent you may see me racing for fun in our weekend races. :)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good old days buddy :)

@Thomas Sikora actually started my involvement. We both work at Conti and he once asked me if I do online racing. I had bought into pCARS1 development but more or less forgot about it and never did online before.

It all started with a WSPSC race at Laguna Seca, a small league run by a guy named Hannes. Some here may still know it :)

Sadly he went a bit undercover after his studies finished and I was introduced to TGC. Guess the rest is history :D

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
when i first found RSR it was because i was so sick of PC1 public lobbies. i came into an initiation nervous as all hell, armed with only a gamepad. 2nd race in, someone, maybe Dutchy? was like "datp... are you on a pad?" as i ashamedly responded "yes.."
for some reason, i decided running the 2.4 of le mans on a gamepad was a good idea, and got my wheel the day after the event (lol)

a year later here i am, still probationer *wink* cough @t0daY 10 euro is still available cough but itching for more and more endurance.
thanks RSR i love this place :D

Users who are viewing this thread