How Did You Discover RSR? (1 Viewer)

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Ah, this thread once again shows me that I really have to meet you guys again irl someday. :D

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I've always found @t0daY to be mild mannered, calm and collected, not irritated at all by continuous requests for the server password etc. But then I don't race all that often.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
OK, that's enough fun and games for now, let's get the thread back on track :)

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
Ah, those were the days... We didn't stand a snowflake's chance in hell in those Palmer-Jaguars, did we? =)

Sorry to spam it but this is the first race in wspsc. Glory days :D

This was also the first online race with some of the well known RSR members for me. That's where it all started for me.

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
iv been with rsr that long now altimeters has set in...

Jussi_SMS

Community Member
Reaction score
OK, that's enough fun and games for now, let's get the thread back on track :)
I'mma let you finish, but I just thought that for the interest of SCIENCE, and propelled by the first WSPSC race (and not an insignificant amount of beer, I might add), I'd post a link to this playlist of quite literally the first ever league for anything pCARS: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFCo1eH9d6KyaaeWFz8jobADh-1jpk7od

I have a couple of full length races still stored on my hard drive from my own perspective, but I'll leave the last video of the set here.

Carry on with business as usual. =)

TheDoctor46

Community Member
Reaction score
I was brought here by TGC. :brb:
Well it all started with WMD. Then there was @TheDoctor46 who asked me if i wanted to come to Sim Racing Expo with RSR. Because i did know some of the guys from RSR through pCars Development i said yes and was a bit bold with that :D
You're welcome :)
I'd post a link to this playlist of quite literally the first ever league for anything pCARS: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFCo1eH9d6KyaaeWFz8jobADh-1jpk7od
Sean.... why did I open this link :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sonic

Community Member
Reaction score
I was brought to you guys by an @eagle. I hope I do not seriously interfere with you and someday I will become a member of this club.

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
"Hello and welcome fellow subscribers and other racing fans!"
This friendly shout was probably the first contact I ever had with anything RSR. Mid Summer 2016 I was looking for help with my setup-work to not be totally useless as ProjectPDs new Team-mate in my first ever league. And Tony's Setup-101s helped me alot...

Fast forward to new years eve 2017:
I had returned to my PC after the fireworks had died down and was facing the fact that I was basically without a racing community for the new year. Both german communties I had been part of previously had effectively collapsed by then, following SMS announcement to no longer support PCars 1.
So I was clicking around the web and again found myself on TonyRs Youtube-channel, this time watching the recordings of his races with AOR. I did consider joining, but felt my pace to be insufficient to properly compete there. But there was also a comment:
Someone asked when the next AOR Season would start and Tony answered it would be a little while but in the meantime he shoud check out this other community...

I followed the link, read through the "Learn more" section and was impressed. A communtiy based around respectful and fair racing instead of pure competition. Seemingly well organized and, best of all, a ELO-based ranking system that would allow me to miss a couple of races and not irrecoverably drop in the standings because of it. The last point being especially important since working in shifts severly limited the races I could participate in a regular championship.
I signed up immediately hoping I had found the perfect community.

Unfortunately RSR absolutely FAILED to deliver...
  1. I got shoved of the track by a RSR-member in the frist corner of my first induction race
  2. RSR staff shamelessly cut corners
  3. Inductors judged me by speed only: "Feanor, you are too fast!"
  4. The ELO-style ranking system was abolished before I could even race my first ranked event
  5. And the scary RSR-Overlord turned out to be a really nice guy
So I had to settle with the mere shadow of my hope, because a less than perfect community was still better then none.

1. This was a good thing, because I was super nervous and terribly shaky. So being at the back of the field alowed me to calm down and get to grips with the situation. Also Blue Monkey didn't do it on purpose but had a lagspike.
  2. Battenberg and FlyingKMan did it only to catch up to an inductee (See #3)
  3. KMan said it as a joke after struggling to keep up with me (See #2) and I got my yellow badge anyway.
  4. The Ranking system actually was my primary reason to join RSR... Sad, so sad!
  5. Thank god for that. Talking to him after the second induction event really helped me to settle in and feel at home. Because if you can deal with an angry German, a chicken, a smoking pirate, a sausage or a laughing KarateMan shouldn't be much of problem...

But jokes aside...
I am glad I am a part of this community. I really enjoy the fair and respectful racing and the amazing battles this provides.
And the friendly and helpful demeanor of the RSR-Members is a refreshing change to the rather toxic approach you find at so many other places on the web. The icing on the cake however was meeting a bunch of you guys at the Nürburgring last autumn.

So thanks to RSR, its Members, Admins and Moderators (new and old) for being such a great group of people and such a fantastic place for simracing!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread