How Did You Discover RSR? (1 Viewer)

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
After the release of pcars 1 I read about the TGC in the official forums, but as RL was keeping me busy with family 'n stuff, I was not able to join some serious racing group. Additionally because of many bugs and shortcomings back in the days, I quickly lost interest in the game.

When the development of part 2 was announced, I insta-bought into the dev branch, hoping we will see a lot of improvement. Well, I was not disappointed. I got more and more into testing and bug reporting, and at the near end of the dev cycle, we started Multiplayer test sessions, which were hosted by RSR, and *boom* there it was: My simracing home!

Laserbeak43

Community Member
Reaction score
Was either watching an old Yorkie video or reading one of his posts on the pCars2 forums. Signed up immediately.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I was “one of those” from PC1 testing days. Not the most active because life gets in the way, did a very small amount of multiplayer testing in PC2 testing days. im still not very active because life etc. but on the occasions I have the time I can usually find something here to allow me to get wiped out at T1(joke). I would love to race more but realistically not going to happen any time soon, just hanging on in here in the hope one day I can commit to a league. Still chasing that pesky chicken on the leaderboards too.

Still need to go through nighttiger’s setupguide because I just use defaults having so little game time. I’ve only managed about 330 hours since release sadly.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Ahhh good times... I spent the majority of pCars1 messing around on the tourist nurburgring online server with all the cars, I quickly fell in love with the BAC Mono & started pushing myself to go faster. I managed to go from setting 8 minute laps to 7.09 minute laps. When I saw on Facebook that there was gonna be a Mono league I signed up straight away just to see where I would fit in using the controller. I've been here ever since & have enjoyed many a night. Every so often I still mess around on the servers & ask those who have decent race ethics & interest to look into RSR.

Last edited:

King-Kodiak

Community Member
Reaction score
My first commentary was at AOR and it featured @t0daY in the Formula Renault 3.5 league. After that league ended, sadly I didn't get a chance to commentate on Manu again, I had seen RSR mentioned a few times on AORs forums in regards to endurance events, which I commentate on for AOR as well. Recently I found myself wanting to commentate on different categories. I can't remember what exactly I googled, but it was something like "Project CARS 2 Group 5 league" and through that searching, I found the RSR forums. Realising that I could also take part once in a while, it also became apparent very quickly the very welcoming nature of the community here

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I learned about the RSR forum at the closed wmd 2 forum, it was at the end of 2016, at that time the super Trofeo championship was held, at that time I got acquainted with the rules of conduct on the track , then there was the second TCR championship . 31 August 2017 @t0daYtv
posted on YouTube preview to Revolution Cup Season 3, September 1, I registered in the forum.
After the game, it is not visible Elmo, BlueMonkey and Hobbnob

Last edited:

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
What @Ashnoom said !

App'd for TGC same time which promptly stopped being - and out of the ashes RSR was born.

Not active for a good while online wise as I just cant commit to much after lots of family stuff and a recent big move but I'm still lurking :)

Bezerka

Community Member
Reaction score
Only joined in recent months. I am good friends with The Hunter and Zenny and was told by Zenny that it would be worth me taking a look. I also knew fab.iceman from the GTA V racing community called Nonchalant Dominance or better known now as just NoDo. I saw that he was getting heavily involved in PCars2 events which spread the word of RSR a bit more.

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
I tried pretty much every racing game there was in last few years, Assetto, rFactor, PCars, even some iRacing. But never spent too much time in any of those. And never done any online races.
Before the PCars2 release, I decided to jump in and invest more time in simracing. After few hours of SP in Pcars2 and couple of public lobby races, I began to look if there is "something better" and ended up on this website: http://www.projectcarsesports.com/leagues.html
I remember being so hyped for the induction the next Tuesday :)

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
First I remember is I tried a german GTR2 league some years ago over the holidays but forget about it soon. Then I used my wheel only sporadic with kart racing pro as I tried to use it as training tool. One day I purchased pcars and drove Karts there.
Someday I saw a tweet about a pcars league. Perhaps it was a retweet from an official pcars account mentioning season 1 RSR signup. And I thought let's try it again. So I did what was needed with induction and was very happy to get promoted and was allowed to drive season 1.
What keeps me on RSR is the family-feeling and the fair, competitive racing! And the fun! :)

mikeysalmon27

Community Member
Reaction score
basically how I joined was ALL @Alex Salmon s fault and I also needed an upgrade from my ps3 playing in a granturismo 6 league where everyone hated me for how slow I was

Damian Hall

Community Member
Reaction score
I discovered RSR via the projectcars website where it is listed as an affiliate league. I joined but didn't immediately become active as I wanted to get some practice in and get my competitive license up but soon found it extremely difficult with public lobbies as guys would often hit you and you lose points etc. When I could not take it any more, despite a lack of experience, I got involved starting last season with the GTE class. I have to say though, from my induction night the way the guys welcomed me and seeing how they approached everything with a level of professionalism I believe should be the standard, I knew I found a community I would stick with. I just wish there were races more catered to my region lol. In any case, guys welcomed me with open arms and I am extremely grateful to be able to race with all you guys..you very very fast guys lol.

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
Well it all started with WMD. Then there was @TheDoctor46 who asked me if i wanted to come to Sim Racing Expo with RSR. Because i did know some of the guys from RSR through pCars Development i said yes and was a bit bold with that :D
Anyway i was on RSR Servers already when we had MP Test Events in pCars 2 Development.

Oh and if you wondered where i am: I have my Summer Break from Racing. Will be back after my vacation in august i think :D

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
I decided to take a hiatus from my ARMA clan due to personal reasons.

After approaching completion of my wheel project (yeh mentioned it again) and wanting to start taking project cars 2 to a more involved level, avoid having to play on the destruction derby/mardy git full public lobby's and improve my racing abilities, I started looking for a like minded group that ran their own events to join.

I did a search for "project cars 2 racing groups" which found a link to a PC2 affiliated Leagues which listed 3 groups includes A.O.R and R.S.R.

Clicking on the links to each group, I found that I prefered R.S.R's introduction, signup, induction process and relaxed atmosphere (I also liked the fact that R.S.R had a visible calendar viewable by visitors).

Henseforth you have been unfortunate to have me in your ranks ever since :p.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Awesome to read through all these comments! Do not be shy, tell us your story @Members :)

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Well I was simply there. In pc1 development I was there when a very very strange person announced the very first league/cup:MEC, I was there. Then I helped a little to start WSPSC and raced S1 together with Jussi. Some glories days in that team to remember. Then I was there when TGC started, 3 championships in 2 classes ^^ one because 4c64s pit crew was rubbish :D When TGC came to an end I was there when RSR started.

Users who are viewing this thread