[How To] Streaming with OBS (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Surround is basically merging your monitors into 1. By doing that it is also "just" 1 monitor in OBS.

Can you make a screenshot of the OBS windows while having surround activated that I can see how it looks like?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I cant reply the steam box is displaying off my left screen.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So I know this is a pretty old thread, but I had some questions about sound settings in OBS.
I don't seem to get the audio as I want it to be. My ingame sound and noice from ppl on ts sounds good, but the sound of my mic is really bad and I can hear almost everything I do in the background. I can hear my chair moving, my typing on the keyboard and my mouse clicking and it is very annoying.

I happen to have the same Headset (sennheiser GSP 300) as @fab. ICEMAN maybe you got some good settings? Or does the rest have some good tips or guides?

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If you don't have the same mic quality as me, there is something wrong. It also depends on your audio driver. I would guess you have it connected to your mainboard?

I can send you Screenshots of my settings tomorrow if you want

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
If you don't have the same mic quality as me, there is something wrong. It also depends on your audio driver. I would guess you have it connected to your mainboard?

I can send you Screenshots of my settings tomorrow if you want
Screenshot would be nice and I am not sure what you mean by my mainboard.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
mainboard = motherboard

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You need to add a noise gate a filter and a compressor there is a fair few good vids on yt for this then its a matter of messing untill your happy with it.

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok I checked my OBS settings but there's nothing really to show - it's all default in the audio settings. But as Jonno said I have the VST 2.x Plug-in installed and I'm using a "Gate" filter, set to -29.9 dB. But I'm not using a compressor or anything, that makes the sound even worse.

If the mic quality is just bad you need to check your audio drivers. I have a audio card + driver installed, so I cannot really help you there. But googling it should bring a few results.

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I think I fixed it a bit, thanks for the tips guys!

Users who are viewing this thread