[How To] Use the RSR Theme Overlay in OBS (2 Viewers)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've had a few requests around the theme I use when streaming. If you don't know it, it's this one below.

FullThing.PNG

Great news, you too can now use an RSR themed stream overlay. I've linked all the resources and there is a small tutorial below. This comes with two statements/caveats
  1. No messing around with the theme. Use it as it comes or feel free to create your own work
  2. This is for RSR members only and I'm happy for it to be used particularly for RSR team events. I reserve the right to take it off you if you misbehave while using my theme.
Tutorial
In case you are less familiar with OBS you will want to setup a scene that looks something like this:

obs_setup.PNG

1. The overlay is designed for 16:9 recording. The font I use is the Formula 1 font, and is included in the resource pack. There are 4 images that can be used as separate scenes
A. Starting Soon
B. In Game (+ WebCamSurround)
C. Intermission (generally used when you and chat are more prominent than game)
D. Stream Ending
E. Stream Offline

2. Ensure that your game is at the bottom, the main overlay next, then webcam and webcam overlay if you are using them. You might need to enlarge the main overlay slightly to ensure it bleeds over the edges of the view area. I prefer to put my name in the bottom right (using the formula1 font provided), just under the camera.

3. To get a consistent set of Social Media links / Race schedules etc that can be used on many scenes you can actually create a child scene to be included, like this

setup of social media resource.PNG

4. You can then add this to your main scene like any other item and move its positioning as required. I find that this works particularly well for race schedules which you might want to appear on several screens, such as "StartingSoon" and "StreamEnding"

5. For the "Starting Soon" and "Stream Ending" note that the back area in the middle is transparent, meaning you can put an image behind it as a watermark, like I have done here with an LMP2 car. You can even put video footage/animation behind this for a more dynamic result.
Example with watermark.PNG

EDIT: Added Stream Offline to article. Download V1.1+ to get it.

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Loving it! @Members take a look here :)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Looks awesome Paul, I want to try and stream this race but somehow doubt my pc is capable these days so most likely stream or test when I’m not driving.

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Nice! Maybe if my issues get sorted i go try to stream again.

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
awesome work :D

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Looks awesome Paul, I want to try and stream this race but somehow doubt my pc is capable these days so most likely stream or test when I’m not driving.
If we end up same split i'll stream both cars....

but back to topic overlay looks good might use it

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Last edited:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
@UnstopaPaul Could you please add the "Stream offline" screen to the package?

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Total novice when it comes to streaming but a friend at work is lending me his streaming card for the race and using these themes it all looks awesome (great work @UnstopaPaul!) however my question is... how do you incorporate things like the twitch chat box or the iracing timings / stats (a little like your pcars2 app that you made)?

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Total novice when it comes to streaming but a friend at work is lending me his streaming card for the race and using these themes it all looks awesome (great work @UnstopaPaul!) however my question is... how do you incorporate things like the twitch chat box or the iracing timings / stats (a little like your pcars2 app that you made)?
For iRacing, start with Kutu Apps

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Do I need to keep sending you buyers guides? :p

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@CatchAGlimpse mate on here somewere is a howto for obs i think @t0daY done it may help you out bud.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@CatchAGlimpse if you get stuck mate shout me up an ill go through it with you is so simple youll kick yaself lol.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I use something called restream it captures both youtube and twitch chat and puts em all in 1 chat really easy all you do is dl it sign in with twitch or youtube or both allow acseess and done..

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@UnstopaPaul the kutu app how on earth do i get it to move i wwant it to go from bottom right to top right but no matter what css i put in it stays were it is this is what i have..
wwhat have i done wrong ..???
body { background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.); margin: 0px auto; overflow: hidden; }

.standings {

top: 0px;

}

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Make it same res as your stream screen

Users who are viewing this thread