Important Changes to Induction & Member Promotions (1 Viewer)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I got a question about the "not allowed to join in endurance races" and the exceptions.

Say I would like to join the 2,4 h of spa on PC2 like I did last time around. Am I allowed to do this because I participated last time and I didn't cause any accident or problem for anybody, even though I am not the right rank?
I dont think you will have a problem. We will need to review current member statuses as some are probably due upgrades :)

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I got a question about the "not allowed to join in endurance races" and the exceptions.

Say I would like to join the 2,4 h of spa on PC2 like I did last time around. Am I allowed to do this because I participated last time and I didn't cause any accident or problem for anybody, even though I am not the right rank?
Yes, how do you assess the driving of new applicants for badges ?

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Promotions occur on a monthly basis and are announced in the newsletter. To get promoted to a full member, drivers on probation need to:
  • Participate regularly - We can't form an opinion if they don't take part.
  • Not be a regular visitor to the Stewards' room - Follow our rules and play nicely on track.
  • Maintain decent driving standards - Keep a low profile, and don't build a negative reputation with your competitors.
  • Maintain good conduct on the forum and TeamSpeak - Don't be a dick to others.
This means the assessment & promotion process is more subjective than before; relying on the Stewards' cases & reputation amongst the community - so do not be shy to report bad driving! Concerns not requiring stewards cases should be shared with the driver in question as constructive feedback, or reported to staff privately. Do not shame drivers in public (see point 4 above).

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Thanks admins for taking the time to reply. There has been plenty of clarifications based on my questions. I was not aware that induction was receiving such a low turnout. I guess I have been just as guilty as others in not turning out for this. Slightly too late to make amends now though. It's a real shame though, as this was how i feel in love with RSR (still in love, to be clear ;) ). I personally think its the right call to require green badge for championships. Hopefully those on yellow badge should have every opportunity to prove themselves through ranked/mini-leagues and fun nights.

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick answers guys!

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
After some talks with @Members we are ready to adjust certain stuff slightly. Here are the updated bits:

License Eligibility for Events:

• Probationers are now no longer eligible to race in our larger and prestigious events (Official Championships, Endurance Races or Special Events). Be aware there may be exceptions to certain leagues or events, in certain circumstances.
so the 6 Hour brands hatch with TeamBRIT and PCDC , im now not able to race in? even though myself and @Anto have put a lot of testing into? or will their be exceptions?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
so the 6 Hour brands hatch with TeamBRIT and PCDC , im now not able to race in? even though myself and @Anto have put a lot of testing into? or will their be exceptions?

You are both eligable to race, no worries :)

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The new system has nothing to do with our iRacing team, because we are not doing any "RSR members only" races atm. So there is no way to check every racer in a race.
If someone wants to start in an RSR-iRacing team or is new in our community and only wants to drive iRacing, then we will take a closer look on his ratings and the results. And after some races he will get the promotion to a full member. But i try hard to get a spot for every driver who wants to race, especially for the 24 and 6 hour races.

Users who are viewing this thread