Project CARS 2 In Game Dash App (1 Viewer)

D

DevilDriver

I just switched to PC for racing, so please excuse my lack of knowledge on that matter. :penguin:

I am driving in First Person with a Rift. Most cars give me there own dash with the info of gears, revs, fuel and so on. But plenty cars don't.

This time I cannot organize the HUD to my liking, like in PCars 1.

So is there a working app to display in Game all the vital information I want, preferably customizable?

MBullock

Community Member
Reaction score
To get the HUD right for me, I had to set it all up on the desktop, (without the Oculus), and then restart with the Oculus. You can play around with a lot of the gauges and dialogue boxes, many have a “full” and “limited” option. For example the default limited display for damage only has the car, on full it shows the car, tires, breaks, shock. The whole works. If you’ve played around with all that and still can’t find a setup you’re happy with, I’m gonna have to stay tuned to see what else you get.

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
If your in the rift then there is no overlay that i'm aware of that you can place on top of the game, you are at the mercy of what you can customise within PCars 2.

Honestly all these HUD's should be banned ;), if the car doesn't have a dial or display to show the information you shouldn't see it, as this is what the real driver would experience, but then again I like to keep it authentic, no virtual mirrors etc, if visibility in a car is poor, it's suppose to be poor that's half the challenge, I know that's a very personal preference mind you.

D

DevilDriver

@MBullock
Thanks for clearing that up. I will launch the Game without the VR and see where it leads me. Thanks.

@Bassetts
I agree 100% with your opinion. One should drive with what the car gives you.
What I want is something like a radio to my pit crew, so they give me the intel I need.
For example the lap count, the pace and so on.
Just intel I can toggle on and off to get a quick heads up.
You get what I am trying to say?

I have to admit, in somd cars (like Formula Rookie) I am sometimes unsure what gear I'm in and would check that as well. :rolleyes:

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I use the Digital Race Engineer https://theawe.dk/product/dre/ in iRacing for this type of information, you can talk to it and get all sorts of data back, but you should take a look at Crew Chief (don't have a link to hand at the moment) but will find it in the PCars forum, that has voice recognition support, and you can get it to tell you some information, not sure if it's as detailed as DRE for iRacing but worth a look.

I know it's not fully supported on PCars2 yet, but think you can run it in legacy PCars1 Mode.

MBullock

Community Member
Reaction score
I can vouch for CrewChief, it’s an awesome add-on with tons of options, additional information, and voice recognition. It should be in the resources section under project cars 2 on the site here. Website: thecrewchief.org
I also love the “What time is it?” So I can keep track or real world Time an know when I should be headed to bed before starting that next race, without taking off the Oculus.

D

DevilDriver

@MBullock
yep, I found this App during some searching today. Wasn't sure if it is really what it promises.
But I will give it a try now if you are that happy with it. Thanks

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Does anyone of you know if it is possible to run <CrewChief> on PC and <RS Dash> on an iPad simultaiously?

Many thanks for your advise in advance! :)

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
it should be possible, I run Crewchief on PC and Sim Dash on tablet & vHud on phone (+sometimes vHud on my laptop as well)

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
Do you run CrewChief with UDP Protocol Version set to P CARS 2 or 1?

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
you have to use it with 1 at the moment as the PC2 UDP is not working correctly yet.

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
Great - it works. Many thanks! :happy:

Users who are viewing this thread