Project CARS 2 In-Game Photo Thread (1 Viewer)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Cheers :)

It's worth repeating that, with a few exceptions, anybody could have taken exactly the same shots themself. I've never used any external filters or shaders, never messed about with the colour, contrast etc afterwards in Photoshop, these are what I saw on my screen when I pressed F12. My hard drive is littered with "also-rans", that I'm sure a lot of people would still like but, for me, I'm always looking for something that catches my eye and stops me dead in my tracks. With one of my BAC Mono shots at Long Beach, for example, it was the way the sunlight had lit up the rear tyre, it immediately caught my attention and kept me staring at the picture for an almost unhealthy amount of time.

It's a funny business though. One of the shots I am least happy with turned out to be one of the most popular, whilst the shot that I am most proud of, one that makes me shake my head in disbelief at, has barely gotten noticed!

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I haven't posted anything here yet and The photo's of @Cluck Really makes me want to take screenshots, so here are my best.

This one was during a race in a public lobby. I did use a filter here so it looked like it was really full dark.

This one was during practice for the Audi race with default setup on Sugo. (as you can clearly see this time there is also a filter)

I have a few more, but I can't acces them because I didn't take a steam screenshot but just a picture ingame.

Attachments

• 378860_screenshots_20171227003852_1.jpg
    378860_screenshots_20171227003852_1.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 369

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
New to this and gave it a first try.
Seems you get the best results with headlights on, at sunset, sunrise and in the dark.
Played the replay of race 2 at Monza of the Ferrari Mini Leaugue and took some shots in VR. VR glasses in left hand, so I can see my screen and what I'm doing .. and making pictures with right hand.

All behaving well in a 2×2 formation :smug:

Start of the race

@ProjectPD leading @fab. ICEMAN in the Parabolica .... or @fab. ICEMAN chasing @ProjectPD in the Parabolica ? :wideyed:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah, they've tweeted a few of my pics over the years (and for pCARS1 too). It would be a lie if I said I didn't get a buzz from it ;)

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Yeah, they've tweeted a few of my pics over the years (and for pCARS1 too). It would be a lie if I said I didn't get a buzz from it ;)
How much do they pay you? ;)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
How much do you think?

There's a reason I've managed to retire so young ;) :D

(no, they haven't paid anything of course, I wouldn't expect them to)

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
How much do you think?

There's a reason I've managed to retire so young ;) :D

(no, they haven't paid anything of course, I wouldn't expect them to)
Teach me the way

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Got 25 years to spare?

Anyhoo, this is a thread for in-game photos from pCARS2 and I've taken it off-topic enough already :)

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Got 25 years to spare?

Anyhoo, this is a thread for in-game photos from pCARS2 and I've taken it off-topic enough already :)
Hi Cluck, maybe you can give us some advice on which tracks, corners, positions, time/weather slots, et cetera, are best for in game photography? :rolleyes:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
^^^ I know you're joking but I honestly have no idea. I always created a set of conditions that I thought would look good and then went out on track and took a load of shots, at various locations and various angles. I'd then go through them and throw out the ones I didn't like (could be for graphics glitches, image looking 'flat', bad lighting, whatever). I rarely, if ever, just fired the game up and "lucked out" on a great shot. Patience was always key.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Worked on my livery and took the car out for a fun race at Spa Francorchamps with AI at max level... did some TT afterwards and climbed the chart from position 44 to position 14 doing a 2:13.939 !!! :blackalien: Not bad for an amateur. Had my doubts during rev cup 6 ... but this surely shows I'm still improving. Unfortunately we are all improving ;) ... oops, did a 2:13.539 in the meantime ... now on position 8 and heading for the world record! :smuggrin: .... (update June 16, 2019) and now on position 2 lol... almost a world record with 2:12.682..

Last edited:

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Only 0:00.402 away from the world record with this car at Spa Francorchamps... I might break the world record one day... but I think it's time to move on and gain more experience on other tracks that might be useful for future (endurance) races.
I'll start with Le Mans and also would like to be able to do the Nordschleife (173 turns...) ... but Le Mans first ... did a few laps.. 12 seconds away from the world record lol ... so that's a challenge for sure!

Here a few shots I took at Le Mans

ss132606.jpg

ss144606.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread