Project CARS 2 In-Game Photo Thread (1 Viewer)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Revolution Cup 10 RD2 Highlights 1

Revolution Cup 10 RD2 Highlights 2
Those are excellent Eugene!

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
That looks like a season banner to me :cool:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
GT1 on karting tracks...epic :p

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
As this thread doesn't see much activity recently and it is being renewed mostly by me and @Cluck-The-Incredible, I'd like to encourage our @Members (admins, please make the last word more attractive :cool: ) to recreate real life photo references using PhotoMode in game.

Below are screenshots (with RL references) made in prerelesed version of PC2 during development years.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry, I kinda got a bit bored of screenshots again (guess I just needed to do a few more to bring myself out of my hole a little). I might try and find some shots to recreate if I can. Your shots are stunning Eugene :pompous:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Really nicely done Eugene :pompous:

Reminds me of the combined Le Mans shot I took (I'll try and dig out the original photo but it's on Toyota Gazoo's web-site - there's a bunch of us WMD folk up in that Audi stand)

virtually-reality.jpg

Everything 'behind' the front barrier is the real photo. The barrier and everything in front is from pCARS2.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Really nicely done Eugene :pompous:

Reminds me of the combined Le Mans shot I took (I'll try and dig out the original photo but it's on Toyota Gazoo's web-site - there's a bunch of us WMD folk up in that Audi stand)

View attachment 9271

Everything 'behind' the front barrier is the real photo. The barrier and everything in front is from pCARS2.
when you do shots like this you really appreciate the quality of the SMS rendering. Its generally only the crowds / foliage / sky lighting that give away that its a game. The front of this shot is really impressive.

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
I find the most believable sky/clouds system to date is in RDR2. In simulators - Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (not released yet). Unfortunately I haven't seen anything even close to above mentioned two in autosims. ACC tries hard and I like their overcast and rain more than in pc2, but even they still far from being perfect in this area.

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This is the original real photo (there's a 3MB version available on Toyota's web-site where you can play "spot the WMD peeps and Pete Morrish!")

real-life.jpg

Last edited:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
wow!! you really couldnt tell the difference if you hadnt put the pcars logo on the bottom picture
Post automatically merged:

also do you take theses shots in 4k?

Users who are viewing this thread