Project CARS 2 In-Game Photo Thread (1 Viewer)

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I'd say the top one is real. On the bottom the glow of the rear lights look weired.

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
The reflection on the top one is also more realistic I would say

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
After some time spent playing with pC3 photo mode I'd like to share some thoughts about it:
It is more intuitive than in pC2 and it's UI is good BUT it has the same small but annoying issues with motion blur effect. On the other side I noticed that it adds some kind of supersampling in photo-mode, at least when you steady your camera in a second or so the antialiasing starts looking better. When you start a custom event practice to shoot some images you can't select specific hour of a day, instead you have to choose between seasons and Dawn-Morning-Afternoon-Evening-Sunset-Dusk-Night options. It doesn't seem to be a problem but if you want to reconstruct a real-life reference photo it becomes a pain in arse.
Graphics wise it's almost identical to pC2 (same weather effects, same clouds, same trees, same quality of materials and modelling), just with more festival like entourage which reminds of NFS Shift series.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
After some time spent playing with pC3 photo mode I'd like to share some thoughts about it:
It is more intuitive than in pC2 and it's UI is good BUT it has the same small but annoying issues with motion blur effect. On the other side I noticed that it adds some kind of supersampling in photo-mode, at least when you steady your camera in a second or so the antialiasing starts looking better. When you start a custom event practice to shoot some images you can't select specific hour of a day, instead you have to choose between seasons and Dawn-Morning-Afternoon-Evening-Sunset-Dusk-Night options. It doesn't seem to be a problem but if you want to reconstruct a real-life reference photo it becomes a pain in arse.
Graphics wise it's almost identical to pC2 (same weather effects, same clouds, same trees, same quality of materials and modelling), just with more festival like entourage which reminds of NFS Shift series.

great shots. At least they've been consistent in removing features that people found useful.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Lovely shots as ever Eugene :)

There's something wrong with my setup somewhere because, for the life of me, I cannot get shots as good as I took them in pCARS2. I can't put my finger on it, but it's almost like my system is rendering at a lower resolution, being upscaled and then stuck through a "soft focus" filter. At least, that's the best way I can describe it. I've shelved the game for a week or so anyway, as I was not in the right frame of mind to try and trouble-shoot it during the week (for reasons described elsewhere on here).

Regarding motion blur, I reported the lack of shadow under the tyres to Bruno (one of the QA guys) as soon as I fired the game up and noticed it. Whether it will get fixed, I don't know. Vignette doesn't work either and the 'border' option is bugged on an ultrawide monitor (also reported and logged on their list).

And yeah, the simplifying of the photomode is frustrating but in keeping with the whole game. Frustrating from my perspective but it's opened it up to more people, which can only be a good thing :).

Have you noticed that the old "no motion blur through glass" bug is mostly gone Eugene? So there's one excellent thing there!

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
And yeah, the simplifying of the photomode is frustrating but in keeping with the whole game. Frustrating from my perspective but it's opened it up to more people, which can only be a good thing :).
Exactly my feelings about the changes in photo mode. I'm used to the old one but I understand that for a newcomer the new one is way more intuitive.
Have you noticed that the old "no motion blur through glass" bug is mostly gone Eugene? So there's one excellent thing there!
Can't say about the grass, but big objects like cones still suffer from the inacuracy of filter mask

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I read you can no longer enter pits and change your lenses for photo mode

Explousion

Community Member
Reaction score
lol, what is this thing next to the front wheel?

Users who are viewing this thread