Project CARS 2 Initial thoughts (1 Viewer)

D

DevilDriver

First of all, thanks to everyone involved creating this Game.

I will not rate this Game by its Graphics or Day One bugs. The bugs will be patched (my career got already fixed with today's patch) and the Graphics are the least important thing for me in a Simulation. Although, it looks good in my Oculus and same goes for my monitor.

At first I was a little concerned about the FFB. But after some tweaks in the Thrustmaster Software it turned out really well.
The cars I like to drive are all feeling very good, didn't ran into a car so far that surprised me in the negativ way.
The Track selection is awesome and those few I drove on yet are feeling and looking very right.

The way Project Cars 2 made its impact in my life, I oversee any little problems and just enjoy every single turn, breaking point and flat out.

Last edited by a moderator:

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
The way Project Cars 2 made its impact in my life, I oversee any little problems and just enjoy every single turn, breaking point and flat out.

Lol, it sounds like a TV advertising:
"Since I bought Project Cars 2, my life changed, gardening is easier and food taste better." :woot:

As matter of fact, for my case this is the first racing game I consider as a hobby and not anymore as a simple game.
But it doesn't mean I'm not disappointed by the amount of bugs affecting the fun.

D

DevilDriver

@PatatorJohn
You nailed it. Everything's better now :D

Yeah sure, getting stuck in career cause the snow or tyres were broken was frustrating at first.
But plenty to do in the game while they fix stuff.
I just don't want to complain to much because I don't feel betrayed by the Development Team.
And my found bugs I report in the PCars Forum.

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys. Just a quick one that I noticed yesterday. With Time Trails I can use anybody as a ghost as well as their set ups. Maybe Am I slow to realise or is this a new feature? I think you can also use the tuning set ups in races as well

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi Guys. Just a quick one that I noticed yesterday. With Time Trails I can use anybody as a ghost as well as their set ups. Maybe Am I slow to realise or is this a new feature? I think you can also use the tuning set ups in races as well
Correct, car setups are automatically uploaded if you set a time in time-trial. Those setups can then be saved to use on the car in any mode you fancy :)

It's new to pCARS2 :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Correct, car setups are automatically uploaded if you set a time in time-trial. Those setups can then be saved to use on the car in any mode you fancy :)

If it is good or bad is up to everyone (I hate it :D)

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score

That is soooo awesome!! I'm loving Project Cars 2!!! Many thanks Cluck for the confirmation and info

That is soooo awesome!! I'm loving Project Cars 2!!! Many thanks Cluck for the confirmation and info
I best Get my times in for the RSR Cup tonight after work

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
After having the chance to race a bit more online, I have to say that I'm quite enthusiast with pCars2 (now at v1.2).

Here is my feedback:
-The FFB is way easier to setup. It took me weeks with pCars1 to get a correct feeling, only a few minutes with pCars2. The fact we can change it without exiting the stage is a great addition too.
-I find the 'online license' good. I've read people complaining about it's implementation. But for my case, it did work as intended: Clean races increased the 'safety' rating. The only crash I've been involved in decreased my rating. It sounds fair enough. All in all I can tell the public online races are now almost free from the idiots that were just there for destruction derby, if you're on a ranked server. This is great!
-I've learn how to use the popup to change the race strategy on the fly. This is somewhat a bit hidden and the first time you pitstop, you have no idea how to configure it to your convenience. But now that I've been using it more extensively I think it is the right way implementing it. Maybe it just need some tips to direct the player towards it (e.g. open the strategy popup when pitting?).
-The weather additions, especially the way rain/dry condition change on track is exactly what I remember from IRL events. I enjoyed it.
-I had issues with some strange penalties. Typically I had to avoid a car which was crashing upside down, with no other choices than going on the grass, but then I was instructed to give the position back to that specific car, still upside down.
-I did had multiple problems with the setup saves as reported by many players, however I did not had the time to experience it with that v1.2 so far. Maybe its fixed.
-The track limit detection report to 'slowdown' if you go beyond the limit, that's good. But as the popup come with some delay, it is not easy to understand what was the limit you've been exceeding, especially in chicanes, so you are often puzzled where to apply corrective trajectories. But all in all, racing with some safety margin did work pretty well, at least for me.
-When joining online races, I didn't find where to query the number of laps, except in the lobby. This end up with many races where the players are just asking 'how many laps', before setting up the strategy in the 'Race Ready' room. Probably this could be easily improved.
-pCars1 had many annoying online bugs. With pCars2, I've not had any related concerns so far. That's very good news.

All in all I'm really pleased with the effort that has been put on pCars2 improvements. It might become an historical reference in eSport.

Congrats to the pCars2 team! ;)

Last edited:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
20.5GB patch update? I knew there were a few bugs/issues but wow...

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
20.5GB patch update? I knew there were a few bugs/issues but wow...
20.5? Have you uninstalled half of the game before the patch?o_O

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
nope, but went to practise afterwards & the game keeps crashing constantly, sound freezes & loops.. Need to do a hard reset to get the pc working again. Keep you posted :confused:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So, like 3 years with this game & a new one on the horizon, it's nice to look back & see what issues are still present that never really got looked at, what the game did really well & then compare it to the details that have been released for pcars3...

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
So, like 3 years with this game & a new one on the horizon, it's nice to look back & see what issues are still present that never really got looked at, what the game did really well & then compare it to the details that have been released for pcars3...
Good:
still looks nice, good choice for cars and tracks, I like the physics (a bit to oversteery at times though) :)
Bad:
servers broken, weather broken, tires broken, pitstop broken... ... ... :mad:
Realisation:
I'm still playing this... must be Stockholm-Syndrom. (Or the lack of a better alternative.) :hurting:
Announcement-trailer:
First half looked rather like NSF Shift 3 instead of a sim... drifting, ramming, ??tuning?? and no percivable physics.
Second half looked better but still it looked more like Grid rather than PCars... ... scary. :eek:
Conclusion:
I'll say about PC3 what I said about PC2.
I don't care about any new features!
All I want is a sim that WORKS !!!

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Feanor you won’t get a sim with pc3. Better to accept this fact. It should’ve been called something else than project cars.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
What does the word "sim" mean? Across the sim-racing communites I saw the weirdest definition for that word. I mean they have the driving model from PC2, would they really water it down to make a new game? Not that Ian Bell wound't step in, say something about "as god intended" and screw stuff up, but I mean that would require work ... actual work :D

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
Now, Ian Bell says the Sim-Racing part will be in the game as well. Which is certainly a possibility... having both a Forza-like semi-sim and a proper simulation in one game would be cool.
I'm not gonna hold my breath thought. I'll wait for the release and then see what we've got.
And maybe, just maybe, it'll be something good.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
But tbh I wouldn't expect a better fitting game for our racing than AMS2 when it's more polished...

Users who are viewing this thread