Which is best?

• AMD

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • INTEL

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
First Ryzen 5 3600 benchmarks leaked, it is nearly keeping up with the more than 2x costing 9900k (Intels gaming flagship) - l O l
And all that on a beta Bios, that couldn't be overclocked. Intel getting smoked.
Can't wait for the rest of the benchmarks, especially 3700x, 3800x and in September 3950X.

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Seriously tempted to upgrade myself to the 3700x & pawn off my 2600x after seeing some of the bench leaks..

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
wccftech..... take it with

Salt-Bae-001.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Tom

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ye... wccftech isnt the best site to be honest...

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Pretty sure that the 'real' benchmarks will show the same picture, that AMD is at least as fast as the Intel counterparts, costs less and probably consumes less power than Intel CPU.

For my part, I will replace my dated i5-4690 non k with a new 3800X. With new RAM, new MB, new Fans and maybe a new power supply this will be for sure a quite expensive upgrade. But I don't wanna get a 3600X (6 cores) for the simple reason that the new PS5 and XBox are coming with 8 core processors. So I expect a massive improvement in multithreaded optimized coding, when all those big companies are starting to develop their games for the new console hardware :)

A german saying is "Who buys things cheap, buys them two times" and this will be my guideline for the next upgrade :cool:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
AMD ... costs less ... than Intel CPU.

A german saying is "Who buys things cheap, buys them two times"
So, you'll be replacing it pretty quickly then?

:p

(we have the same saying over here by the way - "If you buy cheap, you buy twice")

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So, you'll be replacing it pretty quickly then?

:p

(we have the same saying over here by the way - "If you buy cheap, you buy twice")
Yeah I won't wait that long, as my current CPU gave a lot of headache with it's performance in ACC.
hopefully the net will be full of reviews from tomorrow on, because I'm unsure about MB and even more about what RAM I should pick. Tom's Hardware suggest 3777 MHz, as it seems that is the performance sweet spot for Ryzen 3000. But what about latencies and stuff?...
I'm actually a little bit surprised that I haven't heard anything about an end of a NDA. I thought AMD is having a NDA with a the reviewers, that the can upload their reviews around friday or so to maximize the hype...

And yeah, we have exactly the same saying in german, but it got lost in my translation a little bit :p

Edit #2: Now I got your point there :-D Yeah pretty strange combination of words in my posts there, but I don't think you can compare those new AMD CPUs with 5€ T-Shirts from H&M or so :p

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I don't think you can compare those new AMD CPUs with 5€ T-Shirts from H&M or so :p
Nah you're right .... the t-shirts will last longer :D

I'm kidding, I just have a long-standing aversion to AMD processors from my time running my PC business and the shocking level of failures we had coming through our doors many moons ago. Yes, it's silly to tarnish the modern AMD with the old brush but that's human nature - if you were an independent mechanic and all you saw were failing Ford cars, you'd probably never buy a Ford yourself ;).

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Still avoid msi motherboards like the plague after they were caught over volting the cpu to gain more performance.. Needless to say, a few got fried..

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
Still avoid msi motherboards like the plague after they were caught over volting the cpu to gain more performance.. Needless to say, a few got fried..
I think Asus is still by far the best way to go.
MSI customer support is btw. terrible.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My order is out.
In the end it is a 3700x, with 16 Gb 3200 CL14 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus Elite MB and a Scythe Mugen 5 cooler :) (fuck me sideways, 800€ in the end, this is not what I call cheap :eek:)
Will do some AC and ACC benchmarks and testing with the old crap CPU the next days until the new machine is ready and will post some results here :)

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
I have my eye on ryzen 5 3600, MSI B450 Tomahawk, HyperX Predator 3200, 16GB. Should cost about 380€ but I need to wait a bit longer to actually upgrade my pc :) In case for future I can still upgrade the cpu by just buying the 8core

Looking forward for your benchmarsk

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have my eye on ryzen 5 3600, MSI B450 Tomahawk, HyperX Predator 3200, 16GB. Should cost about 380€ but I need to wait a bit longer to actually upgrade my pc :) In case for future I can still upgrade the cpu by just buying the 8core

Looking forward for your benchmarsk
Yeah the 3600 is an awesome bang for the bucks and performs really really well, especially in games. So it will be a really decent choice!
I would be a little bit cautious with the MB choice as the Bios support for pre X570 boards and Zen2 processors ranges from okayish to non existent at the moment... Especially MSI already anounced that they will keep probably the very simple Bios menues for the pre X570 boards and you will probably never get all available functionality. On top of that you will need a MB with USB-Flash option otherwise you will need a Zen+ processor to even flash the MB for Zen2. This isn't much of a deal, since you can get provisional CPUs at AMD for the MB flash for free, but still you need to order it, return it etc.
My plan is to keep this CPU for the next 5 years or more, so the maybe 100€ higher price won't bother me in total :)

Already did some 1080p AC benchmark tests yesterday, and jesus, it seems that I'm CPU limited even at hightest details right now :oops:

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
I did my research and as you say, the compatibility is a little issue. But the MSI Tomahawk B450 is the best according to many sites and it has Flash option so only USB and you can flash it (or ask the vendor) without issues. I found the exact guide how to do it step by step so it should not be a big of a deal. I really want the great perf/value ration and this is the way to go for me in my current financial situation. Don't get me wrong, I could buy brand new top end PC, but I also want to have a place to live so the plan is to save as much as we can as we are gonna build a house if everything goes well next year. And as I really don't need the CPU that much as AC runs well on triples and ACC on single screen aswell, it is really not needed that much yet :)

And I believe if I upgrade this, it also will serve like another 4-5 years and then, if needed, can be switched to that 8 core which is still be a bit better :)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I did my research and as you say, the compatibility is a little issue. But the MSI Tomahawk B450 is the best according to many sites and it has Flash option so only USB and you can flash it (or ask the vendor) without issues. I found the exact guide how to do it step by step so it should not be a big of a deal. I really want the great perf/value ration and this is the way to go for me in my current financial situation. Don't get me wrong, I could buy brand new top end PC, but I also want to have a place to live so the plan is to save as much as we can as we are gonna build a house if everything goes well next year. And as I really don't need the CPU that much as AC runs well on triples and ACC on single screen aswell, it is really not needed that much yet :)

And I believe if I upgrade this, it also will serve like another 4-5 years and then, if needed, can be switched to that 8 core which is still be a bit better :)
Yeah, like I said, the 3600 is the very best bang for bucks in the whole Ryzen 3000 series. Definitely a very good choice and will be good enough for at least 4 or 5 more years :)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Alrighty, been doing some benchmarks with the old system (i5 4690, 8Gb RAM) the last days and the new parts have also already arrived. Actually they arrived at thursday already but I didn't had time to install everything in my case UNTIL today :p

What did I do for AC & ACC benchmarks?
  • 2D-Monitor: Ingame AC benchmark with 720p (to force CPU limitation instead of GPU), 1080p and 1080p with highest possible settings
  • VR: 'own' AC benchmark, 35 AI opponents at Spa in the Porsche 911 Cup (official content) at midnight with Shaders Patch enabled, following the AI and measuring the fps with FRAPS for 120sec from the start
  • VR: 'own' ACC benchmark, 25 AI opponents at Nürburgring at 20pm, following the AI and measuring the fps with FRAPS for 120sec from the start

And now to the Results! :)
  • AC 720p: From 234 average fps to 422 average fps (80% increase)
AC_SingleScreen720p.png
AC_SingleScreen720pA_AMD.png

• AC 1080p: From 221 average fps to 423 average fps (91% increase)
AC_SingleScreen1080p.png
AC_SingleScreen1080p_AMD.png

• AC 1080p (Highest settings): From 177 average fps to 231 average fps (30% increase --> GPU limit reached)
AC_SingleScreen1080p_High_cutted.png
AC_SingleScreen1080p_High_AMD_cutted.png

• 'Own' AC Spa benchmark in VR
    • Old: Avg: 40.283 - Min: 26 - Max: 46
    • New: Avg: 45.850 - Min: 44 - Max: 90
  • 'Own' ACC Nürburgring benchmark in VR
    • Old: Avg: 30.350 - Min: 23 - Max: 37 (almost vomitted after one lap, the amount of stutter is unreal in VR)
    • New: Avg: 45.850 - Min: 44 - Max: 90 (smooth as smoothest silk you have ever seen, perfectly playable!)

I really expected a lot, but this increase (I mean, look at the single screen numbers :eek::eek: ) just BLEW me away!!
Keep in mind, this is my very first try with the new system. I don't even installed the newest BIOS and chipset drivers yet and RAM is just the 3200 CL14 XMP profile in the MB, no manual RAM OC, which should definitely easy doable and gives even more performance.
On top of all the performance gains, I don't have my Oculus Rift sensor disconnecting every 5mins any more, which happened with my old system frequentely and there was no USB-port combination of wheel and Rift which solved that problem :)

I'm a really happy bunny right now! Money spend wisely and I can't wait to download the ACC beta with the 5 point tyre model :)
Cheers,
Exited

Users who are viewing this thread