Introduce Yourself (4 Viewers)

Daneracer

Community Member
Reaction score
My name is Dane and I live in the U.S. . Thought I would try league racing. My buddy and I used to race online with a full AI field. We always started at the back and race 1 hour races. He moved away and now only has satelite internet so no more online racing. Think I will also try Iracing. My wife says as long as I stay off a real race track I can spend what ever I want on my sim racing. My cars are 2002 M3 with about 400 pounds removed. I bought it new and it is my baby. My other car is 2008 335xi with a chip and I plan to add a Mclaren or Porsche next year. I like starting from the back and passing. never spent anytime on qualy. just have fun racing. It is now for money so just like to race some guys and learn to improve my racecraft. See you guys on the track soon.

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi! I'm Morvic and I'm a noob :) (in all honesty I really am, for now :woot:). I come from Poland and I'm really young.
I started my adventure with Project CARS a bit more than 2 weeks ago, I watched some AOR GT3 Leagues and 24h events in iRacing when RSR team participated and I must say it really impressed me. I decided to buy pCars for a first try. I'm still saving for a wheel tho, that's why I am a noob (poor gamepad users) :) But for now - looking forward for some nice racing.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi! I'm Morvic and I'm a noob :) (in all honesty I really am, for now :woot:). I come from Poland and I'm really young.
I started my adventure with Project CARS a bit more than 2 weeks ago, I watched some AOR GT3 Leagues and 24h events in iRacing when RSR team participated and I must say it really impressed me. I decided to buy pCars for a first try. I'm still saving for a wheel tho, that's why I am a noob (poor gamepad users) :) But for now - looking forward for some nice racing.

Hey Morvic,

welcome to RevolutionSimRacing :) Glad you enjoyed the 24H Stream (although I hope you did not see my 2 crashs :O)
Make sure to visit our next Induction Night. As far as I know @FlyingKman is planning to do a little Induction in our Fun Night at the next tuesday. The thread for the Induction is here.

See you soon on track ;)

B

Blue Monkey

Do you need help for controller settings in PCARS? Default is pretty bad imo

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Blue Monkey No need mate, already took care of this but thanks :)

Reiche

Community Member
Reaction score
Quite a few well known names in here, I'm surprised =)

I didn't race online too much, tried to take part in some races over there at RD, but the events lack participants, so I'm looking for something new

I'm relatively new when it comes to sim racing, it all started last year with pCars and I gathered some more titles as AC, rF2 and AMS, but lately pCars is my main sim again as I love the experience with the graphics, weather, day-night-shift on my Rift

Some personal info: I'm Stefan, 26 years old from southern Germany, now resident near Munich. I used to be in the German Air Force but dropped out after 6 years due to health problems and now I'm studying applied computer science via a distance-teaching university.
Hobby-wise I should mention soccer, not as an active club member lately but regularly with friends (Tuesday 19:30 PM, seeing some problems with the induction there).

I hope to take part in some entertaining races and I'm curious what I can learn from the (probably many) faster guys on track ;)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hello Reiche,

welcome to RSR! :) Beeing 6 years in the German Air Force, that sounds very interesting! Finally some other germans entering RSR. I live in Mannheim (BW) which is actually not (very) far away from munich :p

If tuesdays are to 100% off the table we can surely find another way/day, this was never a problem before. Hope we see us soon on track!

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Finally some other germans entering RSR.

Yes, because there aren't any yet :p

@Reiche: Welcome to RSR! I bet you will find some time for induction when it's getting too cold to play soccer outside.

Reiche

Community Member
Reaction score
Yes, because there aren't any yet :p

@Reiche: Welcome to RSR! I bet you will find some time for induction when it's getting too cold to play soccer outside.
Well, we booked Tuesday night for 6 months ending in April.. It's indoor 5on5, so we won't get cold But we were also promised that we can change the time as soon as some other earlier spot becomes available (hopefully January)

Hello Reiche,

welcome to RSR! :) Beeing 6 years in the German Air Force, that sounds very interesting! Finally some other germans entering RSR. I live in Mannheim (BW) which is actually not (very) far away from munich :p

If tuesdays are to 100% off the table we can surely find another way/day, this was never a problem before. Hope we see us soon on track!

Yeah, Mannheim isn't too far away, a friend of mine lives there.. I plan to visit her when I attend some courses at my university which is in Darmstadt, so even closer to Mannheim

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Welcome to all new people so far to RSR. Enjoy your stay and most of all have fun racing. Wish I can reply to you all individually but being away on deployment and having spotty internet makes it hard. See you all soonish on the track.

C

Castle

Hey guys,

I am actually a newbie to sim-racing myself, and I thought getting together with some other people who know what they're doing would help me learn to properly race. Anyways, I guess I should tell you all a bit about myself.

I am 21, and I live in the United States in the Commonwealth of Virginia. As of now, I am on my last year of my Mechanical Engineering degree from Virginia Tech, with a focus on electro-mechanical systems and automotive engineering. Here at university, I work on an all electric racing motorcycle called BOLT (my profile picture). I don't actually race motorbikes, nor do I actually like bikes that much, but it is an awesome experience, and a fun time. We hold a few titles in the AHRMA e-moto varisty serier, and for a good while we were the fastest motorcycle for our power class in the western hemisphere (topped out at about 170 mph).

In the realm of car ownership, I don't actually own any cars myself, however I am the sole caretaker of a dark gray 2010 Honda Civic... Oh yeah baby. However, before it broke down and almost killed me, I owned the best damn car ever. It was a late 90's Land Cruiser. I got in way too much trouble with that tank. Thing never broke down on me, got about 250k off it, and then a brake line went last summer.

As I said earlier I am fairly new to racing, and to be quite honest I suck at it. However, I am just getting myself a nifty steering wheel with pedals, and I hope to actually be able to control the cars with a bit more accuracy.

See you all around!
Castle/Austin

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am actually a newbie to sim-racing myself, and I thought getting together with some other people who know what they're doing would help me learn to properly race. Anyways, I guess I should tell you all a bit about myself.

I am 21, and I live in the United States in the Commonwealth of Virginia. As of now, I am on my last year of my Mechanical Engineering degree from Virginia Tech, with a focus on electro-mechanical systems and automotive engineering. Here at university, I work on an all electric racing motorcycle called BOLT (my profile picture). I don't actually race motorbikes, nor do I actually like bikes that much, but it is an awesome experience, and a fun time. We hold a few titles in the AHRMA e-moto varisty serier, and for a good while we were the fastest motorcycle for our power class in the western hemisphere (topped out at about 170 mph).

In the realm of car ownership, I don't actually own any cars myself, however I am the sole caretaker of a dark gray 2010 Honda Civic... Oh yeah baby. However, before it broke down and almost killed me, I owned the best damn car ever. It was a late 90's Land Cruiser. I got in way too much trouble with that tank. Thing never broke down on me, got about 250k off it, and then a brake line went last summer.

As I said earlier I am fairly new to racing, and to be quite honest I suck at it. However, I am just getting myself a nifty steering wheel with pedals, and I hope to actually be able to control the cars with a bit more accuracy.

See you all around!
Castle/Austin
Welcome dude...
All the info you need to know should be in an inbox message once you registerd...hope to see you on the virtual black stuff soon

Nada

Community Member
Reaction score
Salut,
I am Franck, I didn't race online too much, i prefer TT and setup (very strange for me in Pcars) for now; i will test Induction Night soon (be patient cause my english is poor).

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Salut,
I am Franck, I didn't race online too much, i prefer TT and setup (very strange for me in Pcars) for now; i will test Induction Night soon (be patient cause my english is poor).
Welcome! We cater for all levels, of driving and english. :D

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
Better late than never :)
My virtual racing experience is not big. In the past i have tried LFS, F1 20xx, but none of it really catched me. But. Few months ago i came up with an idea that i need to check what is new on the horizon, is there any new sim racing games, maybe even nice online ones. And i found, i found AC, Pcars and R3E. Ordered my wheel, tried them all and Pcars was the one i chose. Online games were nice, but all the chaos and intentional crashes was what annoyed the most. And then i found RSR :)
I'm Tomas, 29 years old and i live in Klaipėda, Lithuania. I work in woodworking company as IT engineer and BMW E39 is my daily drive. On my free time i like DIY projects of all kinds, such as changing parts of my BMW or building some nice furniture for my home. In the past i did airsoft and RC plane stuff. I have a cat named Eli and she likes attention, so don't be surprised if you hear cat miaowing on TS :D
I guess that is all, see you on the race track :)

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Hello hello.

Read about the upcoming pCARS BAC Mono league on Twitter, and decided I need to take part!

I work at SMS, so know some of the names here. First signup on the league list was Puffy – I was at Le Mans with him in June!

I'm not the world's best sim-racer, but am looking forward to getting involved in some organised racing.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hello hello.

Read about the upcoming pCARS BAC Mono league on Twitter, and decided I need to take part!

I work at SMS, so know some of the names here. First signup on the league list was Puffy – I was at Le Mans with him in June!

I'm not the world's best sim-racer, but am looking forward to getting involved in some organised racing.
well hello mate! :)

Great to have you on board :D

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hello hello.

Hello! Make yourself at home. We're just entering the winter break, so the next official event for you will be an Induction session on the 10th of Jan. But you never know, someone in the community might organise something unofficial that you could join in the meantime. In fact, we'll be doing one or two fun races after a filming session tonight. Feel free to join us on Teamspeak at around 20:00 UTC -ish!

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hello hello.

Welcome Pete.
Good to have you on board...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hello hello.

Everybody is ninja-ing me :D :D

Welcome also from my side! :)

Users who are viewing this thread