iRacing Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

iRacing

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thought I would break this off from the 24Hrs of Le Mans thread so it didn't get too off topic.

@2scoops Well done on your C Licence, Have you ventured into Pro GT races yet ?

It's a very different experience to PCars that's for sure. I ran with the Skippy to work on my Class C licence, and went for another open seater the Formula 2.0 whilst working towards the Class B licence. I've managed to get in four races at Bathurst over the weekend and just been granted my Class B licence, so next step will be the Blancpain sprint series to get the required MPR.

Looking at the season schedule Le Mans is one of the tracks in use in the Blancpain Sprint series, so next time I get the itch to go into the store maybe I can pick up Le Mans and the HPD :)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Yes, I did my first HPD race last Monday, came 13th, not great but was only 1.8 secs off the top pace so i'm quite pleased with that. I picked up Le Mans and did one of the 24min races they had, it's a great track. I can only manage to race iRacing on Monday nights so will take me a little while to get the B licence before I can start Blancpain, though I could look at Petite Le Mans.

I have just found an app called iSpeed, which i'm hoping will help bring my times closer to the top pace.

I started with Skippy's and MX5 to get the C licence and then I tried FR2.0, but it wouldn't let me change down when I wanted to, it didn't matter what the clutch setting was, so gave up on that.

I really want to look at the V8's but they are a real handful :)

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I was on las night and struggled to find a race that I wanted to do that any people racing in it!! I'd of thought that Sunday nights are quite a busy time right?
I'd like to do the HPD but those Proto races are what 75 mins?? Not sure I can sit there long enough for that right now!

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I was on las night and struggled to find a race that I wanted to do that any people racing in it!! I'd of thought that Sunday nights are quite a busy time right?
I'd like to do the HPD but those Proto races are what 75 mins?? Not sure I can sit there long enough for that right now!

Hiya mate, not spoken for a while. Yeah, my first Pro GT took me by surprise last week when I noticed the length and hadn't set a pitstop preset, so had to do on the hoof during the race. :confused: Hopefully I will be a bit more prepared tonight.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I've not got Spa, so I'll wait till next Monday and join you for one. I'm gong to try and do some Audi GTO 90 next week too at Sebring in the Kamel GT as the grids look quite full and it's only 30 mins.

InsaneBase

Community Member
Reaction score
ProtoGT is one of the series with the worst participation, maybe IMSA and Radicals are worse. It's gotten worse after losing the RacespotTV spot.

Also, take a look at the quick pit commands in the options. (Alt-1, Alt-2, ... Alt-5). I set Alt-1 to no tires but fuel (only have to adjust fuel amount) and Alt-3 to clear all, so that I don't get fuel and tires should I have to go in for a repair.

They look like this

#cleartires ws fuel 500g$
#clear$ or
#lf lr rf rr fuel 500g$

"ws" is windshield tearoff. The number after the "fuel" designator is the amount of gallons (litres is also possible) you want.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well my plan of increasing my iRating is not quite working atm :D So far I lost 150 iRating points -.- :D :D

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Well my plan of increasing my iRating is not quite working atm :D So far I lost 150 iRating points -.- :D :D

I'm just trying to get to the end of a race without wrecking the car :D.

Just finished 2nd in a race at Bathurst with the FR 2.0, which is my best result ever especially considering how easy it is to wreck a car on the mountain. So feeling on cloud 9 at the moment.

Think I need to reward that with some more cars / tracks. Will be putting Le Mans and the HPD in the basket, any recommendations on the 3rd piece for the 10% discount ? :D

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I'm just trying to get to the end of a race without wrecking the car :D.

Just finished 2nd in a race at Bathurst with the FR 2.0, which is my best result ever especially considering how easy it is to wreck a car on the mountain. So feeling on cloud 9 at the moment.

Think I need to reward that with some more cars / tracks. Will be putting Le Mans and the HPD in the basket, any recommendations on the 3rd piece for the 10% discount ? :D

Yep, Nurburgring combined or Imola :)

Good work, I had a terrible race at Spa last night with the HPD, I never go well at Spa and couldn't get the setup where I wanted it no matter what I changed. Was then over driving the car and the inevitable happened, finished way down :(

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
New week, new tracks I'll do a bit of practice tonight in the Audi 90 at Sebring. Probably not till 21:00BST.

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
iRacing have a promotion running at the moment, buy $75 of credits and get $25 free or buy $20 and get 5$. I've not purchased credits before, does anyone know if the multi-purchase discounts apply when using theses credit. i.e normally if you buy 3/6 bits of content you get 10/15% off respectively, so if I purchased $75 of credit which equated to $100 of in game credit when I come to purchase content and purchased it bulk of 3/6 would the 10/15% aswell ?

Last edited:

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Hiya Bassetts, i'm not sure, but I would think so as it's 2 separate things. You can put things in the trolley and it will show you before purchasing it anyway I think.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
iRacing have a promotion running at the moment, buy $75 of credits and get $25 free or buy $20 and get 5$. I've not purchased credits before, does anyone know if the multi-purchase discounts apply when using theses credit. i.e normally if you buy 3/6 bits of content you get 10/15% off respectively, so if I purchased $75 of credit which equated to $100 of in game credit when I come to purchase content and purchased it bulk of 3/6 would the 10/15% aswell ?

Yes, the discount in credits has nothing to do if you buy content in bulk to get the discount. I would do the credit then grab 6 pieces of content for a good discount. It's a great way to get more tracks if you are doing a full season and are missing content. Kinda wished I knew about this as I pretty much just got all the road tracks in one go lol.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Lol but this way you got the 30% (?) half of the content discount :p

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I already own more than 40 pieces of content. I think it's only 25% discount that I get. If you own everything you get 30%.

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
My sim rig is down at my parents at the moment and with my knee not going to be able to lug it back to my house for a while, so no mid-week or Sunday racing for a while. Unfortunately that rules out most RSR races :(

I am with it this weekend and keen to get some racing done, can't do much else other than sit on the sofa with my knee atm! So decided to fire up iRacing for the first time in ages.

Done two races each in the new RUF fixed GT3 series and the Skippy. Way off the pace, did a bit of practice, but obviously not enough. It's funny racing in iRacing again, much less forgiving than pCars and much less intuitive to find the limit and get within a second or two of the quick pace.

First RUF race was a disaster, got caught in the first lap chaos, second one managed to get through it and actually had some good clean racing for the rest of the race.

The Skip though is just brilliant, wasn't too fussed about the short Sebring track they have this week, which is why I picked RUF at Laguna first, it does work well for racing though and the racing is the good old Skippy racing, non-stop passing and re-passing, running 3 wide into T1 countless times and almost no contact in the whole race. The pace is quick though, first race I span on my own and couldn't catch the pack up for the rest of the race. Second race I worked really hard to get 10th place, still a fantastic race though.

Has anybody got any recommendations on the public series at the moment? Would really like to find something that is popular (so get lots of races in), easy to pick up and with good clean racing like the Skip. I'm wondering about giving Bathurst GT3 ago, but that sounds like a recipe for disaster on public servers.

Any thoughts on the Kamel series, would have to buy a car but they do sound appealing. Is the racing any better than the usual GT3 public racing?

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Laiders Skippies by far is the best series in terms of enjoyment. Although depending on what split you end up in could sometimes mean disaster but that happens everywhere. After that I would say the Formula Renault 2.0 is another good series. I also enjoy the Cadillac Series as well as the RUF Cspec (Now Open Class) Series as well. Not a lot of crashes and they are fun. Have not tried the new RUF GT3 Series Fixed race but I would imagine it would have the same feel as the Cspec even though it's in Class D I believe?

GT3 to be honest is pretty much a bloodbath. It is super popular and you can have good races but expect to get crashed out in those first corners if you are starting in the middle of the field. This also depends on the track too. Bathurst is notorious for ending half of a field with crashes. I've lost many iRating and SR there so I usually just race it once or twice during the week. I like The BSS Sprint but prefer the endurance variant of it.

The Kamel Series is new and seems popular. Haven't driven those cars but I personally would be in the Audi GTO. Seems like a very fun car to drive. Can't really say how popular the series will be after this season so we will have to wait and see.

I don't know if you do Ovals but the NASCAR Truck racing is a lot of fun. I enjoy it just for the fact that you are in a 20 deep pack drafting bumper to bumper for about an hour. Mayhem is certain every lap and it's a good way to practice wreck avoidance. Those were the ones I was racing before I left on deployment. Hope this helps.

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Going track shopping tonight after the promo, grabbing 7 tracks have chosen the following 6 but need suggestions for the last one, would be nice to have a crystal ball to see the next season track list for IMSA & Blancpain and get another one that will be on the future schedules but we can dream :) The only other track content I have at the moment is Bathurst & Watkins Glen

Circuit Zolder
Road America
Suzuka International Racing Course
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Silverstone Circuit
Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke

Users who are viewing this thread