Project CARS 2 Italian V12 Shootout (by PRD & RSR) (2 Viewers)

Italian V12 Shootout (by PRD & RSR)
Posted by m4nu
Project CARS 2
Sunday, August 18, 2019 - 19:00
Until: Sunday, August 18, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Explousion

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Boris Kodak
Car: Lamborghini Diablo GTR
Community: RSR
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

Sonic

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Sonic
Car: Ferrari F50 GT

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I had a try yesterday, and I feel the Ferrari F50 GT is willing to kill the driver at every braking zone and every acceleration.
I'm so glad this is only a Game :D

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Name: FuBii

Had a play around with the Lambo earlier, that engine note is simply sublime compared to the pathetic clio hahaha, so much so that I don't want to come off the throttle.... then you kind of discover that you must. The brakes are typically Italian, took a lot of fiddling to get them to a decent point to be reliable.

Should be a good one :woot::pompous:

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Please put me on the reserve list - not sure if I make it home in time. If you don't make a reserve list, just know that i perhaps be in the lobby and if there is space i'd like to drive.

Name: Nakor
Car: Lamborghini Diablo GTR (GTO)
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? attend = 50% (reserve), complete = yes if i start :)

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I had a try yesterday, and I feel the Ferrari F50 GT is willing to kill the driver at every braking zone and every acceleration.
I'm so glad this is only a Game :D
Looks like I made the right choice than :-D

Scottmik

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Scottmik
Car: Ferrari F50 GT
Community: PRD

MECZero

Community Member
Reaction score
*Edit* updated car choice.

Name: MECZero
Car: Diablo GTR

Last edited:

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
I would like to change to the Ferrari please, Didn't realise the laptimes were so far apart when I signed up :)

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
It is a multiclass race

anaxi

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: anaxi

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Please give my spot to a reserve and move me to reserves, not sure I am going to make it back now in time for this event.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Anyone calculated the number of pitstops/ even got this far in testing yet? From my basic maths, looking at a *roughly* 95 lap race. I'm expecting to pit every 23 laps from a full tank provided I don't bin it...
So 5 stops? :rolleyes:
Anyone up to practise? :pompous:

Explousion

Community Member
Reaction score
Anyone calculated the number of pitstops/ even got this far in testing yet? From my basic maths, looking at a *roughly* 95 lap race.
144 min race * 60 = 8640 sec race. ~ race Lambo time 1:48 = 108. 8640/108 =~ 80 laps. But Ferrari is faster, so fewer laps for Lambo :pompous:

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hello. I've been training a bit this afternoon for this race. Here is screenshots of a typical optimal trajectory of the second chicane. This one is allowed by project cars. But according to RSR rules, I suppose it's not, as there is no wheels inside the white line.
Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2019.08.16 - 19.07.11.81.png
Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2019.08.16 - 19.06.40.00.png

Can you guys make a clarification, for both first and second chicanes? Thanks.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hello. I've been training a bit this afternoon for this race. Here is screenshots of a typical optimal trajectory of the second chicane. This one is allowed by project cars. But according to RSR rules, I suppose it's not, as there is no wheels inside the white line.View attachment 7889View attachment 7888

Can you guys make a clarification, for both first and second chicanes? Thanks.
2 (right side) wheels need to be touching the white lines in this case. Your front right is definitely not within or on the white. Your back right is debatable at best. Therefore this is a cut.

EDIT: I'm not a race steward, but I highly doubt that either chicane will have the rule relaxed. You need to take the chicanes at a speed that you can stay within the white.

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
2 (right side) wheels need to be touching the white lines in this case. Your front right is definitely not within or on the white. Your back right is debatable at best. Therefore this is a cut.

EDIT: I'm not a race steward, but I highly doubt that either chicane will have the rule relaxed. You need to take the chicanes at a speed that you can stay within the white.
Just to be clear: I'm not asking a clarification of my position on that picture, which I'm perfectly aware of.
I'm asking a clarification about the race itself, since the RSR rules in this case would contradict Project Cars 2 race limits (like at Zolder).

This is of importance at Monza, and also for our PRD friends, who are probably usually not racing with that RSR limit rule.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just to be clear: I'm not asking a clarification of my position on that picture, which I'm perfectly aware of.
I'm asking a clarification about the race itself, since the RSR rules in this case would contradict Project Cars 2 race limits (like at Zolder).

This is of importance at Monza, and also for our PRD friends, who are probably usually not racing with that RSR limit rule.
RSR and PRD has to 95% the same rule Set including 2 wheels inside the white lines. There will be no relaxed track limits for this event.

Users who are viewing this thread