Project CARS 2 Jan 1, 2019 - TT #5 - Nissan GT-R Nismo @ Fuji GP (1 Viewer)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ignore everything I said in my previous, I clearly didn't know what I was talking about. I obviously didn't factor in a deep desire to beat @Jonno, apparently that's worth at least a few tenths :p Ball is in your court @Jonno, I've still got a tenth or two up my sleeve if I can string it all together perfectly. Holy crap you have a strong third sector, I could be 2-3 tenths up in the first two and lose it all in the third because I couldn't even match your time (especially that stupid lucky perfect slide you got into the final corner :p). I finally got a decent first two sectors and then managed to nail the final corner for once.

View attachment 5875
Ahhhh games on fella lol. I spent a few hours chasing your dam ghost lol.. Thats no lucky slide in the last corner i tried your line through it but couldnt get it right so i found get up to 4th drop to third on brakes then as your about to turn for the sharper bit drop to 2nd it kicks the rear out and gives you a good exit to power on early..nice lap time tho mate i still think theres atleast another half a second in the default trim...
Post automatically merged:

Is it me or this car can't turn?
..its you lol... Mate steer it with the rear make sure tcs and stability are off and youll notice a big diffrence.

Last edited:

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh games on fella lol. I spent a few hours chasing your dam ghost lol.. Thats no lucky slide in the last corner i tried your line through it but couldnt get it right so i found get up to 4th drop to third on brakes then as your about to turn for the sharper bit drop to 2nd it kicks the rear out and gives you a good exit to power on early..nice lap time tho mate i still think theres atleast another half a second in the default trim...

For sure, if you can tidy up your first two sectors and maintain your pace through the third it will be on like Donkey Kong! I won't try and pretend to understand how your technique is quicker through that final corner but you get some crazy traction from it.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
re. "the car won't turn", I'm not sure what the problem is for some people. I drove this around Sugo shortly before Christmas and had no trouble with it and that circuit is a lot 'turnier' than Fuji! Stick to the 'Loose' setup and, as Jonno mentions, turn off SC and loosen up the traction control quite a bit (approx. 20% slip is a good starting point, instead of the 10% default which is VERY restrictive) - actually, this should be your first port of call with almost all roadcars in the game.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I have no idea, but last night I said to give it a go few laps in this, and it won't turn. car only goes mostly forward even with wheel turned :)

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
re. "the car won't turn", I'm not sure what the problem is for some people. I drove this around Sugo shortly before Christmas and had no trouble with it and that circuit is a lot 'turnier' than Fuji! Stick to the 'Loose' setup and, as Jonno mentions, turn off SC and loosen up the traction control quite a bit (approx. 20% slip is a good starting point, instead of the 10% default which is VERY restrictive) - actually, this should be your first port of call with almost all roadcars in the game.
I think the combination of AWD car plus long, sweeping, off-camber corners is just the nature of this particular beast. It is do-able and quite the challenge but a lot of fun :) I'm actually the "stable setup" guy and use that on about 95% of occasions (including this one - not that I'm setting alien pace laps and have any authority on the matter). But you're right, turning off stability control is a massive help (as well as at least turning down ABS). I find bumping traction control up like you say to 20-25, instead of turning it off completely helps with traction which is crucial out of most of the corners at Fuji. Just my two (AUD) cents.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@SillySausage mate i concede lol i just cant touch you through the 3rd sector top marks for that lol in the first 2 sectors i can own it but as soon as we come to that dam right hand hairpin after the down hill you make mince meat of me hahahaha well done mate im happy to be top 3 atm lol

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
@SillySausage mate i concede lol i just cant touch you through the 3rd sector top marks for that lol in the first 2 sectors i can own it but as soon as we come to that dam right hand hairpin after the down hill you make mince meat of me hahahaha well done mate im happy to be top 3 atm lol
You really pushed me in your final sector to do better and it wasn't easy. I tried to better my time and couldn't so I think I just got lucky :p

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
There's still 12 days to go, don't give up :)
You really pushed me in your final sector to do better and it wasn't easy. I tried to better my time and couldn't so I think I just got lucky :p
Likewise, still plenty of time left :)

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Ugh, this was a busy month for me, but looks like I made it in time :)
There is some room for improvement, but I was using this TT for testing VR settings, so any more track time and my head would explode.
20190131223932_1.jpg

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I had to skip this month for multiple reasons. Hoping to get back into it for the the next one.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well done @PiGuy on taking your maiden win in this TT competition and thank you to the other contestants for taking part and keeping this competition alive. Hopefully we'll have a slightly bigger turnout for round 6, which is now live

Users who are viewing this thread