Project CARS 2 Jan 1, 2019 - TT #5 - Nissan GT-R Nismo @ Fuji GP (1 Viewer)

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
tt-round-5-big-in-japan-banner.jpg

Welcome @Members to the fifth round of our Hotlap Championship and the first round of 2019. The goal is simple, set your fastest time using the in-game time-trial mode, with the car and track combo posted. If you're like Cluck and not a setup wizard then you can opt to use one of the default presets (loose, stable or OEM - where available) as we'll be running separate divisions for open and default setups.

Date: 1st January 2019 - 31st January 2019
Car: Nissan GT-R Nismo
Track: Fuji GP

Fuji.png

Some basic stuff
If you've previously set a time on this combo and you are unable to beat it, please take a screenshot before leaving the session or your time will be excluded. If you are taking part in the Default Setup division and are unable to beat a time you have previously set on a Custom Setup, then you must record video evidence to prove your time was set on default or your time will NOT be included for the round. You can only set a time in one division, custom OR default, per round - your time will be taken from the leaderboards at the end of the month, so please do not try and beat your own default setup time with a custom setup (or vice versa), until the month has ended and the results have been posted.

If you are taking part in the 'default' division, you must select an in-built default preset, do NOT match a custom setup to the in-game defaults. We will be using the SMS leaderboards to verify the times and setups used.

The track limits will be defined by the in-game limits, not "Two wheels within the white lines". If those limits seem too loose or too tight, drive your lap accordingly. We will not be reviewing laps unless they are suspiciously fast.

Current Top 5
(Last updated 01/02/2019 - 00:01 UTC)

1. 1:44.515 (C) @PiGuy
2. 1:44.619 (D) @Hujkis
3. 1:44.858 (D) @SillySausage
4. 1:45.012 (D) @Jonno
5. 1:45.039 (D) @Sonic

(D) = Default Setup | (C) = Custom Setup

Good luck and have fun, because fun is what this is all about!

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Looking forward to having a go at this one.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The round is up slightly later than planned so please accept my apologies. The cut-off date will still be the end of the month so, unfortunately, this will be a shorter month than usual to set a time in.

The most important point of note is that the car to use is the Road Car and NOT the GT3 variant. Have fun everyone, it should be a really fun combo for you :)

PiGuy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
three words

No
Turn
In
Post automatically merged:

steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.jpg

44.5 is definitely possible, I think default setups are going to be an absolute chore to work with so I really do think using a custom setup is the fastest.

Corner exit is an absolute necessity in this, you can't really get many good entry speed = good exit speeds in this due to the cambered corners especially in the third sector. Braking is also a bit of an issue but is easy to work around once you start to nail down the track.

But for the love of christ, this thing refuses to turn in at all. Default Stable setup felt like trying to turn a combine at every corner.

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
well i had a wee go default setup 46.4 i reckon i could do a low 45 possibly a 44 with default just cant nail that one good lap always mess up at least 2 corners per lap lol ill give it another go at a later date but for now im the fastest default guy lol

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
I just did my first few laps. I think you get close to the limit of your personal best time very quickly when using the default setups with this car, so I don't think I will personally be able to improve much from this. A few tiny things could gain me time but it is mostly on luck with how the car moves (for someone with less skill like me). Without a couple of slightly missed apexes in the final sector, I think my absolute best would be a 1:45.250ish on default but I'm happy with my 1:45.439 for now.

20190110175242_1.jpg

P.S. One of my all-time favourite cars but not a huge fan of how they drive in game. I'm not a big fan of Fuji either but I'm having fun with the challenge of the combo :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I just did my first few laps. I think you get close to the limit of your personal best time very quickly when using the default setups with this car, so I don't think I will personally be able to improve much from this. A few tiny things could gain me time but it is mostly on luck with how the car moves (for someone with less skill like me). Without a couple of slightly missed apexes in the final sector, I think my absolute best would be a 1:45.250ish on default but I'm happy with my 1:45.439 for now.

View attachment 5855

P.S. One of my all-time favourite cars but not a huge fan of how they drive in game. I'm not a big fan of Fuji either but I'm having fun with the challenge of the combo :)
nnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Aaaannndddd this is why I don't race online with PC2. I'm so slow.
GTR Nismo Fuji.jpg

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
But what about in TT? You won't have the same track conditions in free practice and unless you've checked the date/time/weather, you might be at a disadvantage there.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
But what about in TT? You won't have the same track conditions in free practice and unless you've checked the date/time/weather, you might be at a disadvantage there.

Ah okay. Not sure it will much difference! But thanks for pointing that out.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, you've almost definitely got the wrong date set as you appear to have 'Autumn' trees and the date set of time-trial at Fuji is spring. The temp looks a bit high for Spring too. The thing about TT is that you will start the lap with, in theory, the tyres at their ideal pressures and temperatures. There is no time or weather acceleration. The track is also in a condition that you will struggle to replicate outside of TT. Put that all together and you have a set of conditions that you cannot match outside of TT, all of which will most likely have a detrimental effect on your laptimes (there are instances where you can go faster outside of TT).

Oh, and one final thing. Fuel is fixed at 5L in TT and never depletes.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Okay. Quick few laps and shaved 4 tenths off my time. Really not sure I can go faster.

GTR Nismo Fuji TT.jpg

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm never comfortable driving on the wrong side of the car, but this looks like very nice combo yet again :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
whoop put me in the p2 spot overall and slap me the 1st place default guy lol 45.3... there is loads of time in it still just keep messing up a few corner entry's lol
Post automatically merged:

whoop put me in the p2 spot overall and slap me the 1st place default guy lol 45.3... there is loads of time in it still just keep messing up a few corner entry's lol
ohhh seems iv put myself down as a 45.3 its a 45.1 my bad
Untitled.png

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Okay. Quick few laps and shaved 4 tenths off my time. Really not sure I can go faster.
but this is why I love racing. You will think this for ages....and then suddenly you will take like 0.5 secs off. You can go faster...believe...

PiGuy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.jpg

I managed to shoot up my potential to 44.15 on laps that got invalidated, I'm not sure if I can go much faster unless there's a god tier line found in S3 since S1 and S2 are where most of my mistakes are happening.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Is it me or this car can't turn?

UNMANNED

Community Member
Reaction score
This thing is really loose with the loose setup
Best I could do, at least I figured out where I get things wrong
20190111015314_1.jpg

PC/wheel/default setup/assists off

Last edited:

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Ignore everything I said in my previous, I clearly didn't know what I was talking about. I obviously didn't factor in a deep desire to beat @Jonno, apparently that's worth at least a few tenths :p Ball is in your court @Jonno, I've still got a tenth or two up my sleeve if I can string it all together perfectly. Holy crap you have a strong third sector, I could be 2-3 tenths up in the first two and lose it all in the third because I couldn't even match your time (especially that stupid lucky perfect slide you got into the final corner :p). I finally got a decent first two sectors and then managed to nail the final corner for once.

20190111164658_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread