Until: Thursday, November 8, 2018 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wish I could but I don't have time tonight. Have fun.

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i'll be there for 1 hour or so... would be nice if all the cars are available to test in 1 session instead of restarting server @Noztra , 3 cars of each one or something?

Pwox

Community Member
Reaction score
raah can't be here aswell, but still motivated with the Indycar or whatever choice made for events and upcoming leagues!

Cheers!

Duppy

Community Member
Reaction score
I think I'll do this. :)
EDIT: Sorry @Noztra, going to watch a fireworks display.

Last edited:

Nismo

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm up for some testing

Fatih Kursat

Community Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to create a separate event for this.

But tonight at 19:00 UTC we are gonna try-out different cars, to determine a car for the upcoming league.

Feel free to join :)

Server: Assetto Corsa DK
Password: rsr2018

Cars in the test pack:

Formula E
Ford Focus Super Cup
Formula F3
Ginetta SuperCup
Renault RS.01
Seat Leon TCR
Ford V8 Supercar
Opel Calibra DTm

DLC Needed. (If enough people don't have the DLC, we can skip it)

You can buy the DLC pretty cheap at different sites, other than steam. :)

Ready To Race Pack
Dream Pack 1
i dont have Ready To Race Pack

TicklishPicklewickle

Community Member
Reaction score
I was actually supposed to do practice for another league, but I'm tempted to call that off to join this.. We'll see how I feel in an hour's time ;)

Nismo

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
o_O TiMe ZoNeS StOp MeSsInG wItH mY hEaD o_O

I'm an hour early again :banghead:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Man I would have loved to joined this, but my baby daughter, wife and I all have a cold, and I'm on duty.

Regarding car choice - I would like to request a car with longer braking distances to reduce possible latency effects. In Pcars in season 5 I was super conservative because of that. Also, seeing how this would be first season, maybe a car that is not super setup dependent? Though the pro am should help for that.

I've dabbled around in AC for the first time the last couple of weeks, better than I remember it. I look forward to attending an event when circumstances allow. Even though a season would be a disaster, the F2004 is tons of fun.

Nismo

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Okay we raced a couple of cars and my votes in order from best to worst are:

Formula 3
Ford Fiesta V10 / TCR (Cuz I Cant decide between them) TCR Promotes close racing better tho
V8 Supercar --> Good fun but possibly too hard to drive and doesnt promote close racing in that regard.

We tested some other cars in free practice:

RS-1 Renault was a really good car, liked it quite a bit.

The OPEL DTM car also very nice only felt the sound was pretty wonky

The Ginetta G55, great fun

And last but least the Formula E car what I Definitly don't reccomend because you need atleast a couple of buttons to manage the battery. Managing the battery in general isnt particulairly fun in the car. No sound (Duhhh) and 3 gears

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
Really great fun in tonight's testing, there really is a great bunch of people in this league/server.

My thoughts on the cars I tried:

Seat - boring and slow - can't "play" with it like some of the others. Not for me.

Ford Focus - with TC on it was like driving a rocket league car, was fun but sounded horrible, would be okay for a league.

Supercar V8 - insane in the best way, heavy, insane under braking, so loud I couldn't hear anyone, great visibility, 5 lap race and I was sweating buckets. Great for league if we are all fit enough to last the hour.

R.S.01 - I would describe it as a "pick up and play" car, stable but able to push its limits, sounds awesome (but brakes sound like a bus), great visibility, would be great for close league racing.

Calibra - Boring, slow, very nice cockpit. Not for me.

Dallara - like a Go-cart, so much fun and very forgiving, fast and sounds good, great for league racing, only downside is it is not unique/special enough for me.

My order of preference:

1: R.S.01
2: Supercar V8
3: Dallara
4: Ford Focus
5: Seat
6: Calibra

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It has to be the leon tcr for me one its got a decent setup on it hands down the best.

Duppy

Community Member
Reaction score
Decided that I'd test them out offline and see which ones I felt were nicest; so here are my thoughts:

• V8 Supercar was my favourite to drive, feels very nice and you can really attack the track.
• I was surprised by the Opal Calibra DTM car, felt really good and the FFB allowed you to feel when you were going over the limit or under it.
• Seat would promote close racing but I found it very boring to drive. Well made - sure, but it just isn't my cup of tea.
• RS01 was also very fun to drive, it's quite stable and you can really push the limits but if you go over, well, you're done for.
• Formula 3 cars would be good for the racing and are generally quite fun to just chuck around a track. Though I'd prefer Indycar if we went with single-seaters.
• Ford Focus took a few laps to get a hang of, very powerful but it's pretty slow on the corners.

Would love to go with Indycar still, really rewarding if you get it right and has some good strategy options. Though I would also love V8 Supercars - Bathurst would be great. :D

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Should throw up a poll....

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
So my 2 cents on this.

V8 supercar was by far the most fun car of the night! Such a beast and everything is on the limit. Brakes, steering, power, just puts a big smile on your face when you drive it. But its a car you have to adapt to drive and like @Battenberg writes, it might be too polarising and it wont suit everyone. But imo probably the most fun car in Assetto Corsa.

The Seat is a good stable car, that will provide close racing, but its not really a "fun" car to drive.

Ford Focus is super fun a weird in a good way. Love the sounds and you can really do some close racing it. It probably suffers from the same "problem" as the IR18 that it is "to fast". But a really fun good car.

Formula 3 was the easiest of the cars to drive. Was surprised how much grip is had and took some time getting used to. But a neat little car, where side by side racing with be possible. Reminds me of the RSS4 car.

And thanks to everyone who showed up. :) Was a really good casual night with some good racing and some really fun moments. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread