New PC time. Or is it? (1 Viewer)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I went overkill with my psu to ensure it operates more effectively in the efficiency curve when gaming/ streaming/ spotify etc (Corsair HX1000i)

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I went overkill with my psu to ensure it operates more effectively in the efficiency curve when gaming/ streaming/ spotify etc (Corsair HX1000i)
Sli titan :D

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
once upon a time SLi was worth the cost, now... not so much =)

Def

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm set on moving to 1440p, 27" monitor, and probably 144Hz if I can. So I know there are lots of new shiny CPUs and GPUs due in the coming months, but I keep wondering, will I really need these new CPUs and GPUs to run my games close to max settings at 1440p?

Hi mate, I can share my experience in that regard.
I have a Dell 27’ 1440p/144Hz monitor, paired with Ryzen 5 2600 and GTX 1080 as GPU.

First of all you will really enjoy the upgrade. :)
In regards to recent GPUs, do you really need one of the newest? Maybe not, I’ll have you know my config run games like Valorant at 140 fps or more, ACC between 70-80 (multiplayer, 20 cars displayed, important settings on high or ultra) and 120 (solo practice), RDR 2 between 50 and 80 fps (pretty settings but turned down some).

Games like RDR 2, I want more of a cinematic feel so I don’t mind 60 fps if that means I get the graphics I want.

If those characteristics satisfy you, you don’t need to go overkill on the new stuff. But as always with PC parts it’s also decided by price thus you need to have a look at what’s more beneficial to you.

Personally I want to upgrade CPU then GPU, because CPU will reward me with instant fps boost in ACC, and run Cyberpunk 2077 comfortably. In your case, upgrading both at the same time is the way to go.

I recommend you have a look at PC parts in the coming weeks, with Black Friday and holiday on the horizon, it’s always a busy part of the year for PC enthusiasts.

In any case, I could sell you my 1080 once I buy a 30 series, I bought it new and it’s in very good condition, although I don’t know if you’ll be able to wait until then. I bought it for around 400€ in 2018 when it was a couple years old so don’t expect miracles in terms of price for the new GPUs. I haven’t looked at the price of Intel CPUs though.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi @Def thanks for the post and the info. I was just thinking about my upgrade over the last few days. I think I will hold off until the new year when the supply of new GPUs and CPUs has settled. I will keep my eye on the black Friday deals, maybe something will catch my eye!

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Looks like 3080TI with 20gb is coming

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
In 2022, if we're lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread