Project CARS 2 Newbie Race Night - 28th April 20:00 UTC - Complete (1 Viewer)

Daza

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Newbie Race Night:

Date/Time: Saturday night 28th April @ 20:00 UTC

Two Race Format (Non-Ranked Race)

This week will be GT3 vs GT4 (Porsche Cayman) the faster drivers will drive the GT4 car to even out the field a little.

What i have come up with so far, Orange and Greens will be driving the GT4, however there are slower Orange drivers so we have a benchmark time (see below) for both tracks with the GT3 for each track. If you can lap faster than this then you will be driving a GT4. Ideally you can work this out before the racing starts, but can do during practice and if you need to switch cars can do so the usual method of going back to lobby and changing car.
We will see how this system goes for future races set up like this.

(GT3) Willow Springs 1:16.791
(GT3) Sakitto Sprint 1:15.649

Reds/Applicants automatically go in the GT3 class. This system might not be bullet proof; as a brand new applicant might be very fast, if that is the case and they feel they ought to be in the GT4 class then they can move into that class.

Also note: the pesty univited Ai cars on the server has been fixed. They have had their cars impounded.

Race 1
Track: Willow Springs
Car: GT3 vs GT4 (Porsche Cayman)
Session:
A 20 min practice and 10 min qualify and the main race being 12 laps.
Conditions: Standing start/clear weather/afternoon race with
Full Damage ON. Tuning allowed.

Race 2
Track: Sakitto Sprint
Car: GT3 vs GT4 (Porsche Cayman)
Session: (at a guess this might start around 2100 UTC if you can't make the first race)

A 20 min practice and 10 min qualify and the main race being 12 laps.
Conditions: Standing start/clear weather/afternoon race with
Full Damage ON. Tuning allowed.

Rules of the track will be same as per standard RSR track/conduct rules.

So on the night turn up on the RSR Teamspeak @ 19:50 UTC and we will go from there, there will be a server set up.

This Newbie night is for new drivers to improve their race craft with similar skilled drivers. But experienced drivers are more than welcome to join in too.

Also for those who live outside of the UK here is a website that is useful to work out your UTC difference. Just enter your region and it will list some info; including how much you need to add or subtract to work out what the UTC will be in your country.
http://www.timebie.com/

Can I ask those interested please leave a comment if you think you will be able to make both races or just the one for an idea of grid start numbers. Late comers are welcome too on the night.

Note; Plans for the near future for Newbie Night, some races will be a mix of GT4 and GT3 cars, the more experienced drivers in the GT4 to balance things a little and make things interesting. But will also have some more open wheel races coming up such as the Renault 3.5 racing on Spa, Hockenhiem GP and Nurburgring GP tracks. So stay tuned.

See you on the track!

Cheers
Daza

Last edited:

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This looks fun. How do you decide on GT3/GT4?

Laserbeak43

Community Member
Reaction score
Maybe during an extended practice session. Or maybe members vs applicants?

Daza

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok this is what i have come up with so far, Orange and Greens will be driving the GT4, however there are slower Orange drivers so Reapper[ZA] and another has set a benchmark time in GT3 for each track and if you are an Orange who isn't sure if you would be competitive in the GT4 can try to beat the benchmark time if you do; then you will go into the GT4 class if not then the GT3 class. We will see how this system goes. I will post his time later on when he sets them. Reds/Applicants automatically go in the GT3 class. This system might not be bullet proof as a brand new applicant might be very fast, if that is the case and they feel they ought to be in the GT4 class then they can move into that class.

*Update* Benchmark times for Orange driver. Ideally you can work this out before the racing starts, but can do during race practice and if you need to switch cars can do so the usual method of going back to lobby and changing car.

Also note: the pesty univited Ai cars on the server has been fixed. They have had their cars impounded.

Last edited:

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
Should be able to join for this one.

So will be available for helping with race lines and setups.

Plus providing my obsticle racing skills for you to practice spacial awareness.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Going to (try to) join the first race. Excited. Not quite at those times though.

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
Going to (try to) join the first race. Excited. Not quite at those times though.

Is that the lap times or the start times?

Lap times wise thats why, hopefully, me and a few other experienced ones will be there.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is that the lap times or the start times?

Lap times wise thats why, hopefully, me and a few other experienced ones will be there.

Was supposed to refer to lap times. Got the start time reserved.
And getting better. Practicing.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Was supposed to refer to lap times. Got the start time reserved.
And getting better. Practicing.
Welcome to RSR! This is a community event so there may be no RSR staff available however should you have any questions im sure our members will be able to assist you, alternatively any Blue wheeled staff member will be able to assist you on teamspeak. to race with us as im sure your already aware we host induction sessions every Tuesday night at 19:30UTC.

Enjoy the race :)

Erik

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok this is what i have come up with so far, Orange and Greens will be driving the GT4, however there are slower Orange drivers so Reapper[ZA] and another has set a benchmark time in GT3 for each track and if you are an Orange who isn't sure if you would be competitive in the GT4 can try to beat the benchmark time if you do; then you will go into the GT4 class if not then the GT3 class. We will see how this system goes. I will post his time later on when he sets them. Reds/Applicants automatically go in the GT3 class. This system might not be bullet proof as a brand new applicant might be very fast, if that is the case and they feel they ought to be in the GT4 class then they can move into that class.

*Update* Benchmark times for Orange driver. Ideally you can work this out before the racing starts, but can do during race practice and if you need to switch cars can do so the usual method of going back to lobby and changing car.

I had a look at our contact in the Sakitto race in the first corner. I did not know there was a car on your inside so the line I tried to take did not leave space for three cars and that resulted in the contact. Sorry about that

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Had some very enjoyable moments. Extremely fun.

ss002207.jpg
ss001011.jpg

Laserbeak43

Community Member
Reaction score

Reapper[ZA]

Community Member
Reaction score
Great racing Gents, i got this love/hate relationship with the Audi. It would go good every lap, and on one lap at one corner it would just loose the back end and backwards i face. :facepalm: Thanks to all U Gents for the nights racing.

Users who are viewing this thread