Project CARS 2 Newbie Race Night - 5th May 20:00 UTC - Completed (1 Viewer)

Daza

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Newbie Race Night:

Date/Time: Saturday Night 5th May @ 20:00 UTC

Two Race Format (Non-Ranked Race)

After a trial run last Saturday with the GT3 vs GT4 (Porsche Cayman) where the faster drivers drove the GT4 car, this didn't even out the field as hoped, even with GT3 running with a full tank. So this time (Race 1) everyone will driving a GT3 car with the faster drivers having an air restriction which will be set to a specific restriction level on a per track to track basis that aims to create a more even playing field. Refinements could be made as we go.
This will work with Reapper[ZA] will set a benchmark time in which those who beat this time will fall into the faster driver category. The benchmark will also be used as a guide by a designated faster driver to set an air restriction level that will be close to that benchmark time. I hope that makes sense?

Also note: the pesty uninvited Ai cars on the server has been fixed. They have had their cars impounded.

From now on the following changes will be made:

1# No practice session (Practice in your own time)
2# Qualifying is now extended to 20mins
3# Voice chat kept to racing related communication only (ie. leaving/entering pits, have spun on the track etc), no idle chatter.

Note to new drivers this is not an Induction session. Induction sessions are run on Tuesday nights at 18:30 UTC. This 'Newbie Race Night' is a community event run by community members.

Race 1
Track: Le Mans Bugatti Circuit
Car: GT3
Session; A benchmark lap time will be set to denote those who do beat it to have an Air Restriction imposed on their car for the race. There will be a reverse grid rolling start.
Qualify: 20 mins
Race: 16 laps (Reverse Grid)
Conditions: Rolling Start/Clear weather/Afternoon race with
Full Damage ON. Tuning allowed.

Race 2
Track: Oschersleben B Course
Car: Ginetta G40 Junior
Session;
Qualify: 20 mins
Race: 16 laps
Conditions: Rolling Start/Clear weather/Afternoon race with
Full Damage ON. (No) Tuning allowed.

Rules of the track will be same as per standard RSR track/conduct rules.

So on the night turn up on the RSR Teamspeak @ 19:50 UTC and we will go from there, there will be a server set up.

This Newbie night is for new drivers to improve their race craft with similar skilled drivers, with some experienced drivers in the mix too, so green wheel/experienced drivers are more than welcome to join in too.

Also for those who live outside of the UK here is a website that is useful to work out your UTC difference. Just enter your region and it will list some info; including how much you need to add or subtract to work out what the UTC will be in your country.
http://www.timebie.com/

Can I ask those interested please leave a comment if you think you will be able to make both races or just the one for an idea of grid start numbers. Late comers are welcome too on the night.

Note; Plans for the near future for Newbie Night, some more open wheel races coming up such as the Renault 3.5 racing on Spa, Hockenhiem GP and Nurburgring GP tracks. So stay tuned.

See you on the track!

Cheers
Daza

Last edited:

Laserbeak43

Community Member
Reaction score
Will be at a family event this Saturday. Hope you guys have fun. @Daza, @Reapper[ZA] or anyone else that may need to get in touch with me, I'll do my best to check my messages.

Daza

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm will be skipping Race 1 but doing Race 2. Reapper[ZA] will be there to run the first race.

Users who are viewing this thread