Occulus VR, Streaming and Chat (1 Viewer)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hi folks,

does anyone know of a straightforward(ish) way to have twitch chat available in game while you have the Occulus VR headset on. I've tried a text to speech before, that seemed like possibly the best option (until someone trolls me during stream), but it might be nice to have in in-situ. If anyone has a reliable option I'm all ears

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
yeah you go to twitch and under the chat window on your stream channel click the settings cog and look for popout chat then in VR using your right hand controller press the oculus button go to desktop view and look for the chat window you popped out, press the lower trigger while clicking the window to drag it into vr mode then press pin it at the lower bottom to where youd like to see it in VR

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I tried this but probably only works in SteamVR ? When i enter VR i just cant get any other screen in it. Yes i can drag it in the screen and pin but its not in VR when i am in game. Any other suggestions ?

Got it working :) Cheers !

Last edited:

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I think in the Oculus software you need to have experimental option on for it to alow you to pin windows

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think in the Oculus software you need to have experimental option on for it to alow you to pin windows

Yes . Option was unchecked , i think it was in Settings / Experimental

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So that works nice. Now i try to figure out why the info i have on screen on the Rift like Time / Raceposition etc isnt shown on the monitor. Any way to fix this so its also been seen in the stream ?

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So that works nice. Now i try to figure out why the info i have on screen on the Rift like Time / Raceposition etc isnt shown on the monitor. Any way to fix this so its also been seen in the stream ?
which game? your just in general?

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oh yeah kinda stupid of me... its in Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
hmm im guessing its in game related never noticed that in oculus though, but you can move the race position though think its alt+pageup/down to move it forward bad im not sure

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
hmm im guessing its in game related never noticed that in oculus though, but you can move the race position though think its alt+pageup/down to move it forward bad im not sure
Yeah you can see it in VR, but its not rendered on monitor and thats what you stream so if some watching they have no clue what you doing.

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
hmm i shall take a look later

Users who are viewing this thread