Project CARS 2 Oct 31, 2019 - PC2 | Revolution Cup - R2: Daytona (1 Viewer)

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Very pleased with that...went into it a bit resigned to settle for something like 3rd or 4th to just bank some points as the car was not great in the bit of practice I did as well as not getting much sleep last night. In the race, suddenly the car felt great and I had some real confidence in it. In those first 20-25 mins was some really intense racing with 4-6 cars all swapping position lap after lap and it was quite difficult to keep track of where everyone was corner to corner. When the others pitted I just hoped I could make some time up while lighter on fuel to break the slipstream. Luckily after my stop I think I had about 2.5s on Puffy which proved to be just enough. I hit traffic in almost all the right places and got a nice little boost from slipstreaming some of them which increased the gap to arpund 4s. Then with about ten mins to go i got a nasty bit of cramp in my right foot and had to drive left footed for a few corners while I stretched it out which was quite scary. It sorted it's self out and then I just had to try and minimise my mistakes to keep Puffy out of the slipstream. Really great intense racing! Looking forward to the next one.

Onboard: Qualitys a bit crappy, Not too bad though. I forgot to turn bitrate up when I installed obs.

Thought I should add as well that the quality of side by side racing with multiple cars involved today was some of the best I've ever experienced in 20 years of sim racing.

Last edited:

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Who else followed the rule of mandatory pitstop WITH tire change?
I did :happy: .... one of the one things that went ok for me this race :wacky:

Did I finish top 3 now ? :woot::woot::woot:

Last edited:

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
I changed my tires. My guess was that one set should last till the end and it's a wast of ~6.9s but it's the law.

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
I did
and borrowed some rear body parts from neighbouring pit box :)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Had a fantastic start to the race, some good hard & close battles at the beginning but over cooked it into the bus stop chicane & went backwards from there unfortunately... Got damage & tried to make it last for another 2 laps for the pit stop/ tyre change to work for me.. Think I had a few further spins & some door banging on the way...
After the pit stop I was in no man's land & tried to minimise time lost. Again a few silly half spins didn't help. Lucky @Nevil every time I got close I spun hahaha.
3 laps to the end & I fudged the bus stop again... Just didn't have the confidence that everyone else seemed to have & as a consequence lost chunks of time going into it, coming out of & all the way to T1... Where I would then proceed to gain 1.3s on the guys ahead of me on that infield section lol.
All in all great fun.
Shame I had to leave immediately, needed to pick the gf up. She's always finding a way to ruin my fun aha
Post automatically merged:

Who else followed the rule of mandatory pitstop WITH tire change?
I did it TWICE. Just for good measure Lol

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Qualifying - I knew I had the potential for the 1.48 lap time but couldn't seem to get the lap together, especially being extremely conscious of the track limits mentioned in the briefing on the exit of the chicane but when I watched the top 3, all of them went up to the grass so lost out on that 0.4/0.5s it is worth from the extra speed to the finish line. Knowing the slipstream effect, I wasn't bothered too much hoping for a good start.

Race - The first 25 minutes of this race were the most intense I've ever had, the top 4.. shortly becoming the top 6 all within 1 second of each other with position swaps multiple times a lap. I planned to pit on the 30min mark but when I saw @Puffpirat dive into the pits I thought I would follow. I appeared to lose 6/7s in the pit stop to Puffy, unsure now retrospectively if this was due to a misunderstanding of the mandatory tyre change rule (something I followed). After that it was damage limitation time and tried to get back into the slip stream of the cars in front. Once most people had pitted, I came out behind @t0daY and there a 20 minute battle commenced catching up to @Diluvian bit by bit each lap. After following Manu for several laps, I realised the inside line would be crucial on the last lap. I made sure I was in front on the last lap and defending the inside hard. Crossing the finish line 3-wide was crazy, just happy to come out on top. Great racing all! :cool:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
On my fastest quali lap I had a tow from miagi through nearly the complete oval section. Without that even taking the bus stop unclean would only yield a 48.9 or so.

I also changed all 4 tires, not exactly sure how I gained so much times in the pits other than a pretty much perfect pit entrance.

I wanted to do something different and get out of the insane battle at the front but Stu came out a little bit too far ahead and I never got back into the slip stream, he just had that little bit more pace.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Regarding the pitstops, I'm not exactly sure what the order is, but if I didn't have clutch and brake engaged immediately I would be stationary for 16 seconds. Don't know if someone knows the specifics regarding this?

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
On my fastest quali lap I had a tow from miagi through nearly the complete oval section. Without that even taking the bus stop unclean would only yield a 48.9 or so.
And you didn't even return the favour. :(

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
What tire change?
While commentating I did notice some people had sigificantly better gaps after the pits. If your stop was less than 10 seconds...you didn't change tires...
Regarding the pitstops, I'm not exactly sure what the order is, but if I didn't have clutch and brake engaged immediately I would be stationary for 16 seconds. Don't know if someone knows the specifics regarding this?
I meant to ask about this. Does everyone else's engine turn off in this car when in the pits? I couldn't even get what you're saying to work @kobusnell

PS: Also happy for any comments on my "commentary". I've literally never tried anything like it before. I was starting to warm up in the last 10 laps...

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I hope I didn't get in anyone's way at the back.

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
That was a very interesting race. The first stint before pitting startet I was able to follow the top cars without problems. I think I was the last one going into pits from the top 7 drivers and due to my good pace before the stop I would have been able to get back on track directly besides @Puffpirat on p2/p3 but because of a backmarker at the pit exit who waited for puffi to get passed I lost about 1 to 3 seconds which would have been extremely important to be able to get the draft from puffi at the oval. Without the draft I had not enough pace to follow him and @t0daY and @CatchAGlimpse closed the gap to me and finally catched me.

I think there was a lot of room of potential crashes but everyone had almost all the time the awareness to understand the situations and nothing critically impacting happened.

Last edited:

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
That was a very interesting race. The first stint before pitting startet I was able to follow the top cars without problems. I think I was the last one going into pits from the top 7 drivers and due to my good pace before the stop I would have been able to get back on track directly besides @Puffpirat on p2/p3 but because of a backmarker at the pit exit who waited for puffi to get passed I lost about 1 to 3 seconds which would have been extremely important to be able to get the draft from puffi at the oval. Without the draft I had not enough pace to follow him and @t0daY and @CatchAGlimpse closed the gap to me and finally catched me.

I think there was a lot of room of potential crashes but everyone had almost all the time the awareness to understand the situations and nothing critically impacting happened.
Me the backmarker... :rolleyes:

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
While commentating I did notice some people had sigificantly better gaps after the pits. If your stop was less than 10 seconds...you didn't change tires...

I meant to ask about this. Does everyone else's engine turn off in this car when in the pits? I couldn't even get what you're saying to work @kobusnell

PS: Also happy for any comments on my "commentary". I've literally never tried anything like it before. I was starting to warm up in the last 10 laps...
I think we should ban you to the commentary booth :headphone:

But might be a good idea if we get a native speaker from the UK to do the commentary so you can keep racing. Maybe a student, journalism or something, who wants to become a real life commentator and likes to pick up some experience.

I always liked the way Murray Walker commentated live races... maybe he can be an inspiration.

Users who are viewing this thread