Oculus Rift and Glasses (1 Viewer)

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
Personally I will probably go for the WIDMOVR

I will be getting one of these, seems my missus isn't going to buy me a Ducati V4 for my birthday, despite me test riding one and telling her how good it is. She will however spring for one of these lens adapters.

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
@The Breeze I got the WIDMOVR in the end and one of their covers too. The cover fits really well unlike some other VRcovers I could mention....

It works really well...(i went for the full monty thinned lenses with the Blue light coating - because I wasn't paying for it!)

only things to consider are;

- not so easy to share with friends unless their eyesite is as bad as yours. (though only takes seconds to remove/put in)

- have to remember not to put rift on while still wearing your glasses!

- no more lifting up rift to see something on screen as I all I see is a blurry mess. (time for a virtual desktop perhaps)

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
@The Breeze I got the WIDMOVR in the end and one of their covers too. The cover fits really well unlike some other VRcovers I could mention....

It works really well...(i went for the full monty thinned lenses with the Blue light coating - because I wasn't paying for it!)

only things to consider are;

- not so easy to share with friends unless their eyesite is as bad as yours. (though only takes seconds to remove/put in)

- have to remember not to put rift on while still wearing your glasses!

- no more lifting up rift to see something on screen as I all I see is a blurry mess. (time for a virtual desktop perhaps)

Great to hear it works really well, I'll get myself a new prescription and order one asap.
Use VR without glasses so will have to put on my glasses anyhow too watch my desktop. I guess you can put on the old cover if you want someone else to use VR. Also understand that you can clean the widmovr cover. Mine is getting very sweaty during current heatwave. I'll go for the full package as well :D

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Just realised that wearing glasses is necessary in VR after reading this thread! For some reason I concluded they didn't help when I first got my DK2 and haven't used them since.

The text is a lot clearer wearing glasses, got an old pair to use with the DK2 for now, they don't really fit in very well but no need to be precious about the glasses or the DK2 anymore. Guess the WIDMOVR would be the way to go if I get a CV1 in the future...

Users who are viewing this thread