rFactor 2 P1LMS Championship - S3 - Sign Up & Interest Thread (2 Viewers)

daniel v

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I am interested, but better as reserve since i am still saving for my wheel and according to the calendar the races are on saturdays and i do an 8 hour shift on saturdays so probably wont be able to race :(

• Sad
Reactions: Def

Jonno

RSR Family
RSR Academy
Reaction score
yes i'm interested how ever there is 2 races i wont be able to compete in

27-02-2021 - 8hr of Nürburgring ..YES..
27-03-2021 - 12h of Spa ..YES..
24-04-2021 - 8h of Silverstone ..YES..
29-05-2021 - 6h of Suzuka .. NO..
26-06-2021 - 6h of Sepang .. NO..
28-08-2021 - 8h of Road America ..YES..
25-09-2021 - 6h of Indianapolis ..YES..
23-10-2021 - 12h of Sebring ..YES..

CAR CHOICE .. TBD ...

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Nurburgring is GP with ngk chicane or Nos?
Maybe my teammates from rci cup @FlyAxL and @benimi want to join this?

benimi

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Maybe my teammates from rci cup @FlyAxL and @benimi want to join this?
Going to check if I can run the game without major issues in VR this weekend, then I'll say a definitive answer if I wanna join or just sit this one out.
(I can't really go without VR, I acn't get any screen into the right position)

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Going to check if I can run the game without major issues in VR this weekend, then I'll say a definitive answer if I wanna join or just sit this one out.
(I can't really go without VR, I acn't get any screen into the right position)
That's fine, Just let us know how you get on and if you would like to join.

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Sorry @Havocc I really like rf2 but this will be for the next season as i don t want to have too many events per month or my wife will ask for divorce haha

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@benimi Did you manage to try the RF2 over the weekend? If so do you have a preference of car class you would like to use DPi, LMP2 or GTE.

@Havocc @Ricardo Macieira Do you have a preference of car class you would like to use DPi, LMP2 or GTE.

@Cornworld @MelBonkers did you hear from Nakor & McCoy regarding this?

benimi

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@benimi Did you manage to try the RF2 over the weekend? If so do you have a preference of car class you would like to use DPi, LMP2 or GTE.
Yeah, headset is working fine (found what the issue was), altho I still need to setup a proper FOV. Slight hiccup that when I've tried to change the button assignments, my game crashed.
Preference would be LMP2 > GTE > DPi.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Lmp2, enough gt driving in acc

Def

RSR Academy
Reaction score
btw, think it is no chicane version. peeped a p1lms practice server on that track when I was on the other day

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
btw, think it is no chicane version. peeped a p1lms practice server on that track when I was on the other day
in previous years theyve always used the chicane but tbh it doesnt matter too much, if its used or not, its better imo not to use the GP layout chicane...its rubbish

• Agree
Reactions: Def

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

@Havocc @Ricardo Macieira Do you have a preference of car class you would like to use DPi, LMP2 or GTE.

@Cornworld @MelBonkers did you hear from Nakor & McCoy regarding this?
I know @Nakor wants to join but is able to 5 of 8 races. That could work for me and @MelBonkers @Col_McCoy wants to join but has to check his schedule. He will reply tomorrow.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Provisional teams are done, feedback and opinions are needed asap.

Def

RSR Academy
Reaction score
All good for me, although I change my preferences to DPi/P2 instead of P2/GTE. Shouldn't change much in the grand scheme of things that being said (wrote)

@StubbornGymnast want to sign up as reserve?

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Participation Award: A team drives 100% of the races = Early sign-up for the P1 24h Spa 2021 (Once per team for teams with multiple entries)

Hell yeah I'm in! Currently calendar looks good.

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Provisional teams are done, feedback and opinions are needed asap.
If possible I really would like to drive the DPI as a first choice.

Team wise I can’t really tell. I know @MelBonkers and @Col_McCoy off course. Rest I only know by name, don’t know if they have any rfactor 2 and LMP / endurance experience. If experience for some is lacking in the game or LMP serie then I’m hesitant tbh and would suggest taking another look.

GTE in rfactor 2 is quite different compared to let’s say ACC and then could be a good starting point for new players to the game. Last season we invested and learned a lot and I would like to take that experience as a starting point for the upcoming season.

For me personally it’s important to have teammates that are willing to get the best performance as possible, invest time and energy in creating setups and help each other to get better. If that’s the case then I’m fine.

Def

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I understand, unfortunately my answer will be mixed.

I don’t have any rF2 experience bar offline practice and races. These last couple weeks I tried to sign up for some events but each failed for a different reason and through no fault of my own.

I am not going to list my credentials, and keep it fairly short, I have a healthy amount of endurance multiclass experience, for the most part GTE on iRacing (IMSA, LMS back then, and also a private league).

in terms of mindset you have nothing to worry about, but I perfectly understand your concerns. I have no issue going to GTE team in fact I love those cars. :)

Last edited:

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I understand, unfortunately my answer will be mixed.

I don’t have any rF2 experience bar offline practice and races. These last couple weeks I tried to sign up for some events but each failed for a different reason and through no fault of my own.

I am not going to list my credentials, and keep it fairly short, I have a healthy amount of endurance multiclass experience, for the most part GTE on iRacing (IMSA, LMS back then, and also a private league).

in terms of mindset you have nothing to worry about, but I perfectly understand your concerns. I have no issue going to GTE team in fact I love those cars. :)
Tnx, seems like you have enough experience in driving in this game as well as endurance racing as a whole. If you think the step towards the LMP/DPI is okay for you then I feel confident we can make it work.

Def

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Tnx, seems like you have enough experience in driving in this game as well as endurance racing as a whole. If you think the step towards the LMP/DPI is okay for you then I feel confident we can make it work.
To be fair the only thing I’m afraid about is to be too slow: these cars are mindblowingly quick. If you guys like to practice together and exchange pointers that won’t be too much of an issue though. Plus I like to practice and improve in my off time. We may not have the same starting point, but I hope to catch up quickly.

Don’t know who makes the call, but if you hope to be competitive from the start and challenge for the title, it’s better I go to GTE this year and proto the next. Again, zero issue with that :)

Users who are viewing this thread