Project CARS 2 PC2 | Revolution Cup - R1/7: Watkins Glen (1 Viewer)

PC2 | Revolution Cup - R1/7: Watkins Glen
Posted by m4nu
Season 8
Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Hanpanczyk

Community Member
Reaction score
Is here any practice room already made?

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Guys, I know I didn't sign up for this league, but this evening my Futsal match was cancelled. Is it ok if I joined this race? If it's a hassle with points etc. just delete me from the final result, if that's ok with the organizers.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Guys, I know I didn't sign up for this league, but this evening my Futsal match was cancelled. Is it ok if I joined this race? If it's a hassle with points etc. just delete me from the final result, if that's ok with the organizers.
Of course!

Erik

Community Member
Reaction score
Count me as a no show. I have a migraine, if it clears before the race I will check if there is a spot for me otherwise it would be better to give it to a reserve driver.

Kraken-Tortoise

Community Member
Reaction score
Is my teammate still a reserve driver or can he join me for this race? I don't know how it'll affect team points if he's left out

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is my teammate still a reserve driver or can he join me for this race? I don't know how it'll affect team points if he's left out
Most times there is space for reserve drivers, just show up i would say

Hanpanczyk

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for info if I can race in team with you :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just show up at TeamSpeak and we have a look if there is space or not :)

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I'll be a little late

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
really sorry all. Crashed out on the line in the second race. Had to kill the PC to end the game :(

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
really sorry all. Crashed out on the line in the second race. Had to kill the PC to end the game :(
2nd race got red flagged as well. Again a mass disconnect. According to steam their servers are down. Nothing we can here really :(

Hanpanczyk

Community Member
Reaction score
Despite the fact of down servers, thank you guys for races, I think that is what I was looking for since beggining of my sim racing "carrer". Can't wait for next races :)

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So last night I was 5.5 seconds off the pole time. I've put quite a few laps in with this car now trying to get the feel for PC2 again after spending most of my time in AC/ACC. I feel that I really am on the limit and can't see myself going any quicker. A few things I noticed that maybe someone can give me help with:

- Breaking points. I followed some of the top drivers on 'monitor' and simply couldn't see how people are breaking so late. Tried to break at the same points and simply ran out of track and locked up every time. If I tried to steer/trail brake, I just spun. Brake balance is 60/40, 95% brake force, 85% ABS force
- Oversteer. I am running this car very soft at the rear to help eliminate the oversteer. Even when there is plenty of heat in the tyres I still find the car wants to spin
- Same pace if I have 10litres of fuel for qualifying, or a full tank. Car feels the same

I'd love to be somewhere other than at the back I know I will quickly lose confidence with this car.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Was pretty much feeling down :grumpy: yesterday after being one of the first to get disconnected. All these hours of creating setups and trying to improve lap times for nothing.
1st quali disconnect... 1st race lagging and no clue where I was on the track, taking @Battenberg out (I think) in my misery :sorry:. 2nd race, 1st time on the straight to the bus stop disconnected, don't know whom I hit but it felt like a lot of cars :facepalm:. They should do something about that disconnect screen, your vision gets blocked out for 95%, mouse doesn't work so have to hit enter button on keyboard to get off the track... which means taking of VR headset first... but at that time the damage has already been done.
Joined again as spectator .... learned some new tricks from the top drivers :bookworm: :woot:

Happy in the end for myself and those I hit, that both races were cancelled so hopefully we will all have a second go on this track :happy:

Fingers and toes crossed that Steam won't let us down next week...

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
So last night I was 5.5 seconds off the pole time. I've put quite a few laps in with this car now trying to get the feel for PC2 again after spending most of my time in AC/ACC. I feel that I really am on the limit and can't see myself going any quicker. A few things I noticed that maybe someone can give me help with:

- Breaking points. I followed some of the top drivers on 'monitor' and simply couldn't see how people are breaking so late. Tried to break at the same points and simply ran out of track and locked up every time. If I tried to steer/trail brake, I just spun. Brake balance is 60/40, 95% brake force, 85% ABS force
- Oversteer. I am running this car very soft at the rear to help eliminate the oversteer. Even when there is plenty of heat in the tyres I still find the car wants to spin
- Same pace if I have 10litres of fuel for qualifying, or a full tank. Car feels the same

I'd love to be somewhere other than at the back I know I will quickly lose confidence with this car.
My car is pretty stable, I took the default stable setup (not the loose one) and worked from there loosing it up (for instance reduce downforce on fast tracks). Don't copy the setup from TT, but you can get some useful details from the fastest in TT like brake bias, brake pressure, gear ratio et cetera and experiment with that. See what makes you faster and more confident with the car. In game engineer can also help out. Playing with engine braking and rake can also reduce the oversteer btw ... maybe you should copy someone else's setup and see what that does for you? Pedal set might make a difference too, but don't know what you are using?

Don't thinks this car has ABS or any other electronic aids btw., but it definitely doesn't like high kerbs.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Have you tried the suspension settings I posted in this thread? Could be you're running the rear too soft already. The Radical has a weight balance of 58% rear, too soft and it could start to overload the rear tires.

Rake: try running it lower at the rear, it helps against turn in oversteer.

Camber: Doesn't need much rear camber to be stable at the rear, try -1.5° (+-0.5), balance high speed behavior with the front

BB: your brake balance is too far to the front and the brake force probably too high. Try 55% front (can go as low as 50%, think Stu even runs more bias at the rear) and a brake force of 90%. The thing with this car isn't hard braking, but carrying the speed into the corner, dragging the brakes slightly into the turn in. Generally this car wants to be driven delicate at the wheel (minimal inputs) with trying to maximize the mid corner speed, so in other words keeping the minimum speed up. It's not point and shoot.

You have to embrace the oversteer in this car, it wants to rotate and hold that slip angle till corner exit. When you set up the car for too much understeer it will be hard to control that state, because you will force the car to turn in and with that get a snap of oversteer because the rears give up. Might sound counter intuitive but try it :)

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yea, the car behaviour on the kerbs is very odd. I have Fanatec CS V1 pedals and a GT3 RS wheel. Interesting that you are using a stable set-up, I was always adjusting the loose set-up defaults to suit.

@Puffpirat Looks like I need to make some big adjustments then. Thanks for this. It seems I have got some things the wrong way around or made the car too soft at the rear. I like the car when it is loaded up in high speed corners when the downforce is working.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
From my setup, I would say your brakes are too strong which may cause lockups....
Following @Nighttiger s setup manual, find the longest stretch of straight on that track & apply the brakes as hard as you can, if you lock up, move the bias rear wards... (my bias varies between 56 & 54 on the front).
if you get around the 50 50 bias & still lock up, decrease the brake pressure 2% & restart the bias procedure... (my pressure for mugello was 87% for the RBR 89%, watkins 92%)
Post automatically merged:

I can start a server up & we can run a few laps if that would help..

Last edited:

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score

Puffy has pretty much covered all the setup stuff so I wont go into that. The one thing I will say is that Trail braking is a bad idea 90% of the time (there are certain situations/corners where it will work for you though) and will cost you time as your tyres are much better trying to do one thing at a time, especially in cars with little to no downforce. Get the braking done early, and in a straight line to get back on the power as early as you can and maximise your exit speed. Puffy is right about my brake bias. I was running it between 49 & 53% with 100% force and was changing it more towards the 49 when I was driving in the dirty air during race 1 with far too much understeer in the car. I removed a rear wing for race 2 and the difference was huge and I could actually follow another car. Sadly my screen froze and I had to reset the computer quickly hoping not to rear end puffy incase my car remained in the server which also corrupted my recording of the races. Luckily it looks like we'll all get another shot at that one.

Users who are viewing this thread