Project CARS 2 PC2 | Revolution Cup - R3: Donington (1 Viewer)

PC2 | Revolution Cup - R3: Donington
Posted by m4nu
Season 8
Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Come on guys, the tyres are manageable. Only the first 2-3 laps are bad (7-8% wear) for the tyres, then the track is wet enough and if you don't lock and spin to much a 30min race is doable. I did a race for 30min like R2 with rain -> light rain. And my tyres were gone in the hud, but still drivable.
Yes i know i'm a tyre-saver. :p So i'm definitely against changing rules here!
Post automatically merged:

Yes, the puddle in T9 gets really big in R1. And for the last 10 minutes i had about a 50/50 chance of spinning or not. :oops:
But I think that's manageable somehow...
Perhaps one finds a setup that isn't affected much by the puddle, or another is creative enough to find a racing line that is working.. i think it will be fun! :cool:

Last edited:

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Not suggesting any changes but my observations from the test with @CatchAGlimpse tonight as you asked for opinions @t0daY :

- Biggest problem is the huge puddle which forms at the entry and into the first apex at turn 9 (chicane), even braking very early and coasting, trying to straight line to the apex to avoid turning the wheel causes spins after 7-8 minutes of rain. Tried stable setup and found the same issue.
- Tyre wear is heavy on front left, 1 stop may be possible at a stretch but after 10 minutes front left is gone, this was on realistic tyre wear.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Did another test and I feel like I had bit less water this time around. Tried different lines and with little straightening the chicane I could go thru there at lower speed. Still one the last two laps of the race the puddle struck back like the freaking empire.

I drove the rain tires with normal wear and that is okay. I ended up at 50% meat on the HUD. But I have to say the front left felt weak in the last few laps, like it really wants the race to end, producing some corner exit off-tracks due to usteer. The problem with increased wear rate is that wear on lock-ups becomes dramatically exaggerated. You may not lock up! The question is why do have to focus so much on lock ups? Shall that be a strategic or tactical component of the race? Shall we be forced to pit on a 30 minutes race like we do in the 60 minutes races? If both answers are no, I don't see much of a reason to set accelerated tire wear.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Did a test on the 2nd race setting and was less lucky with my tire wear there. Half race in the tyre wear already at 50% HUD resp. 26.9% telemetry. At normal tire wear.

10 Minutes into the race the T9 puddle was about as big as 20 Minutes into race1.
15 minutes into the race2 it stopped raining but the puddle was so big I had trouble position the car somehow so that after the aquaplaning it isn't heading into the dirt. Past lap 8 I only had 1 good line in 5 tires and that was at 87 kph.

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Important Update
  • Added special track limits to post #1
  • Race 1 - Weather Forecast: Light Rain
  • Race 2 - Weather Forecast: Light Rain > Random
  • Tire Wear stays on 'Accelerated'

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I won't be able to make it this time :(Hopefully you guys will have a good race! Looking at the tire issue @Today : maybe the weather change should be on the 60 minutes races so we'll be sure that everyone change all four tires :p
(Edit : last sentence to be read in a humorous tone, just in case ;))

Last edited:

Hanpanczyk

Community Member
Reaction score
Guys, I was driving around the track today and my wheel stopped responding. Guess that engine is messed up, have to send it to service, so I have no clue when I'll be able to drive again :(

atmosfearic34

Community Member
Reaction score
Apologies for not attending the past two races, Halloween and Uni deadlines were on top of me. Tomorrow I have a gig with my band that was kinda booked last minute, and the band always comes first unfortunately. Hopefully I'll be back in the runnings with the Revolution Cup next week :)

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Another question relating to the weather for race 2... if we go from Light Rain -> Random and the random is Rain/Thunderstorm we will get the same issue with the puddle at T9. Just had it go from Light Rain -> Heavy fog with Rain and the puddle is carnage!

Will we still use in-game random or the spinner pre-race?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Another question relating to the weather for race 2... if we go from Light Rain -> Random and the random is Rain/Thunderstorm we will get the same issue with the puddle at T9. Just had it go from Light Rain -> Heavy fog with Rain and the puddle is carnage!

Will we still use in-game random or the spinner pre-race?
Obviously pre-race with certain slots removed otherwise the changes wouldn't make sense :)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Tire wear has not been changed, check Manus post on this page of the thread.

Erik

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm feeling under the weather and doubt that I will make tonight. Please mark me as a no show

Nevil

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm feeling under the weather and doubt that I will make tonight. Please mark me as a no show

Same here, I'm also not feeling well and have forfeit this round :grumpy:

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I‘m very excited for the wet night race :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread