Project CARS 2 PC2 | Revolution Cup - R3: Donington (2 Viewers)

PC2 | Revolution Cup - R3: Donington
Posted by m4nu
Season 8
Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Project CARS

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Car: Radical SR3-RS
Track: Donington GP

Date: Thursday, 14th November 2019
18:30 UTC - Optional Practice
19:30 UTC - Driver Briefing (Mandatory)
19:40 UTC - Qualifying 1
19:50 UTC - Race 1
20:20 UTC - Qualifying 2
20:30 UTC - Race 2

GeneralRace 1Race 2
In-game Date:14th July 201914th July 2019
Time Progression:Real TimeReal Time
Weather Progression:Sync to RaceSync to Race

Qualifying
Duration:10 mins10 mins
Start Time:17:0021:00
Weather Forecast:OvercastOvercast

Race
Duration:30 Minutes30 Minutes
Start Time:18:0022:00
Weather Forecast:Light RainLight Rain > Random

Starting Procedure: Standing Start, when the in-game lights turn green the race starts - stay alert and look out for slow starters.

Special Track Limits
Turn 4:
Inside unchanged, exit is 2 wheels inside the curbs | Turn 9: Entry and exit is 2 wheels inside the curbs
doni_tracklimits_2.png
doni_tracklimits_1.png

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Main Driver
Reserve Driver

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can we go with normal tire wear here instead of accelerated? The wear of the wets is insane. 10mins in and the left hand tires are gone.

On the HUD that is, and in rain conditions. Haven’t tested light rain yet but I expect it to be worse.

Edit: just checked the profiler. The least wear I managed was about 7%/lap. With 19-20 laps thats about 140% at race finish.

Last edited:

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Better late than never :)

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Do we really need changing conditions in both 30 Minutes race? Sometimes I don't understand it. In AC Last Season we couldn't have an open setup because it's too much work. But Races with mixed/changing condition is most preparation work. An in this round it's even supposed to be dry to wet and possibly wet to dry too. And all that announced 5 days before the race instead of two weeks ago. Can't we just have one or two all wet race and have fun?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can we go with normal tire wear here instead of accelerated? The wear of the wets is insane. 10mins in and the left hand tires are gone.

On the HUD that is, and in rain conditions. Haven’t tested light rain yet but I expect it to be worse.

Edit: just checked the profiler. The least wear I managed was about 7%/lap. With 19-20 laps thats about 140% at race finish.
Does anyone support this? Would like some more thoughts on this before changing it.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Does anyone support this? Would like some more thoughts on this before changing it.
I'm getting about 3-4% wear in light rain, 4-5% in rain (track is quite wet). But this was private practice only, and only at 18:00. I know I don't drive the car properly though as I struggled with tire temp at Daytona. AND I'm sure 1:36's when the track is wet is not blistering pace. But I think I'll be able to do a full race with one set of wets.
In the preseason race at Mugello we were driving around with no front left tire left on the HUD at the end of the race. I was doing my fastest laps at that stage. I think it's doable with accelerated wear, but I'm not fussed either way.

NA, see below.

Last edited:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Drive slower or get fresh tires mid-race :troll:
Jokes aside, if it really is that bad, I'd agree with Puffy.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
From my own practise, i'd be pitting every 10 laps if I don't spin... & this was with normal wear :rolleyes:
the start of the first race in the light rain is doable with slicks so i'd likely hang it out as long as possible to minimise time on the wets =/
best time (after 6 laps running in the rain, on wets) was 1.30.4

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Will need def. more opinions on that. If we change then tonight. Another question, what about track limits? Anything crucial?

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm getting about 3-4% wear in light rain, 4-5% in rain (track is quite wet). But this was private practice only, and only at 18:00. I know I don't drive the car properly though as I struggled with tire temp at Daytona. AND I'm sure 1:36's when the track is wet is not blistering pace. But I think I'll be able to do a full race with one set of wets.

In the preseason race at Mugello we were driving around with no front left tire left on the HUD at the end of the race. I was doing my fastest laps at that stage. I think it's doable with accelerated wear, but I'm not fussed either way.

Getting 8% wear per lap for the second session, rain, same setup. No way a set will last for a race, they are even gone on the HUD after 15 minutes at accelerated wear.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the track 20+ minutes into the race? The puddle before the chicane (T9) gets big and deep. Towards the end of the race I spun on aquapalning in that puddle at 50 kph. In the middle of the race I could still do he chicane at 120 kph. Maybe Light Rain would be enough rain for the wet race?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We can also cancel the race if everything is shit :mad:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
No no we can’t :) we’ll have some 20 cars, the line should be drier than in single practice.

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I hope so.. just had a 30min practice simulating both races with myself and @Born2BSlow and we aquaplaned off every single time at T9 about 10mins in after the puddle started forming. As it spreads the entire width of the track its unavoidable.

Happy for the race still to go ahead either way :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread