Project CARS 2 PC2 | Revolution Cup - R4: Nürburgring (1 Viewer)

PC2 | Revolution Cup - R4: Nürburgring
Posted by m4nu
Season 8
Thursday, November 21, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, November 21, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Project CARS

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Car: Radical SR3-RS
Track: Nürburgring GP
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop

Date: Thursday, 21st November 2019
18:30 UTC - Optional Practice
19:30 UTC - Driver Briefing (Mandatory)
19:40 UTC - Qualifying
20:00 UTC - Race

General
In-game Date:21st July 2019
Time Progression:Real Time
Weather Progression:Sync to Race

Qualifying
Duration:20 mins
Start Time:13:00
Weather Forecast:Medium Cloud

Race
Duration:60 Minutes
Start Time:14:00
Weather Forecast:Heavy Cloud > Fog

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the beginning of sector 3, maintaining our speed. Odd numbers on the left side and even numbers on the right side.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Main Driver
Reserve Driver

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
*Thanks for moving it boss ;D**
Exit of T4 is always going to be abused. rest of the track is fine IMO

Last edited:

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
We should stay inside the sausage kerbs on the last chicane. All together I'm keeping away from exit kerbs on this track so not much problem with tracklimits I would guess.

Last edited:

Erik

Community Member
Reaction score
I won't be able to attend this one, I am on holiday. Going to see if Europe is as good as they say.

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Rolling Start this time?
No mandatory pit stop? ok...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I wont be racing tonight, i will see you all after the break week. Have a good one

Sonic

Community Member
Reaction score
Guys I won’t be able to take part today.

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm out too. Didn't really had time to practice, so I was qestionable anyway. And now that I injured a muscle in futsal, I definitely can't drive today.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
2 mins to go in 4th and I have a brain fart focusing on push to talk rather than the corner. ffs. Nursed it home for 2 laps with 40% front suspension damage. Managed to take 7th which was a good salvage I guess.

still...at least I finished this time, so there is that!

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I loaded the wrong setup, so that was fun. During the race I started getting stutters that caused me to spin, a couple of times in turn 6, don't know what happened. GPU load at ~30%, no spikes, I have no idea what went wrong. Decided to retire, was worried that I might end up ramming @Eugene Gajkin . Not my best night. :(

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Great racing last night. Had the worst start possible, forgetting I have to change gear (I blame now having an automatic road car haha!). On my screen I had the smallest bit of contact with @miagi into T1 but from other views I've seen the contact seems to be bigger than I assumed. My apologies for this @miagi. Thanks @Taorminator for letting me by to chase down @Puffpirat - I then spent the next 30mins stuck behind Puff. The straightline speed was insane and couldn't get close to an overtake attempt even in the slipstream so I had to wait for my moment. Luckily that moment came about 35mins in and I managed to take the lead. For once I had a quick pitstop and managed to maintain the 2s lead I had built up.

Great racing @Puffpirat - it took one my best performances to beat you!

EDIT: Overtake for 1st place

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Seems like I haven't found THE setup trick. Being 10 seconds off in qualy is...well...err...*feelsbadman* :confused:

Last edited:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Seems like I haven't found THE setup trick. Being 10 seconds of in qualy is...well...err...*feelsbadman* :confused:
Happy to send you my setups @Shepard. I know you were always able to get closer after you made your own magical tweaks on the diff.

Apologies to all for having to leave, hopefully my abandoned car wasn't obstructing anyone.
Gf's daughter came through which caused me to nearly collide with my team mate @Eugene Flerko & it took me a while to understand her tired mumbling.
Her son was having a seizure in his sleep.
When I came back I was gonna continue but my mind wasn't in it.
To the next race!!

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Very happy to get 4th yesterday! Most of it was down to the misfortune of others, but I was very happy with my race pace keeping me in the mix, considering how far off it I was at the Red Bull Ring. Most of my race was chasing @UnstopaPaul, who had the edge on pace in the early stages of the race. I was able to close up after a couple of his small mistakes, and was able to start piling pressure on him as I couldn't quite find a way past. I eventually succumbed to my own pressure, caught the grass on turn in for 5, spun and lost a place to @Nakor.

I stopped early, as soon as the fog came in, for a new set of tyres & fuel, with pressures slightly decreased to suit the conditions. I think it worked well for me, as I was able to not only jump Phillip, but also gain a little bit of time to Paul. The next phase of the race was pushing to try and maybe catch up to Paul, should something happen. The gap actually grew a bit once he cleared traffic, but then he had his unfortunate accident in the final laps, and I was able to get through. Meanwhile, my tyres were dropping off rapidly, and had Phillip all over me going into the final lap. I just about held on, but doubt I would have stayed ahead for another lap. So yeah, very happy with that one! Did feel sorry for Paul though, he had been mighty for 99% of that race.

Seems like I haven't found THE setup trick. Being 10 seconds off in qualy is...well...err...*feelsbadman* :confused:

Something that clicked with me was adapting my driving style a bit. A bit like the Formula Renault from Season 5, I would get on the power a little bit earlier than normal mid corner (sometimes before the apex when turning the car), just with a small amount of throttle to make the rear end bite and load up, getting me a better launch off the corners. I was running low downforce, with minimum camber and the suspension settings from here. The car felt really nice around here, with maybe a touch of mid corner understeer, but I got around it with the above.

Users who are viewing this thread