Project CARS 2 PC2 | Revolution Cup - R4: Nürburgring (1 Viewer)

PC2 | Revolution Cup - R4: Nürburgring
Posted by m4nu
Season 8
Thursday, November 21, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, November 21, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Great result @Battenberg I'm genuinely sorry that I'm so slow. I just have no confidence to push in this car. Any extra touch of throttle or steering input just sends me spinning off. I combined your set-up with a bit more front camber and rear downforce and it felt better than it has before, but being 5-6 seconds per lap off the front means I'm pretty much always going to be last.

I did notice something huge in my set-up that really hasn't been helping. My steering ratio was very low, something below 10:1, which meant the car steering inputs were very sharp, so controlling any slides was almost impossible when trying to correct the car. The slower ration gives me more control.

I think I finished in P16, but only due to retirements and the misfortunes of others.

• Friendly
Reactions: Tom

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Finished 13th, so improved from previous races (18-17-17) :)
Had a bad quali, did 1:58 during practice but was a second slower in quali. Same in race, practice 1:59, race 1 second slower..
Maybe too tired from work? I don't know. Or maybe because I had to re-build-up my rig before the race because my wife needed the desk/PC during the day to work from home. Not having a fixed rig, meaning my seating position was slightly different from practice.
About 900 hrs of SIM racing now on the record and still improving. Very happy that I am more and more able to follow drivers that were too fast for me in the past, so I'm no longer only the chased one, I can chase others too and take part in some battles.
I know where I might be able to improve lap times, but that includes risky cut-offs (with 2 wheels inside white line of course) and driving over kerbs. But I don't like the kerbs with this car, your tyres get locked on them and you have to wait for the right balance to get off the kerbs without crashing/spinning.

Great result from my team mate @Nakor finishing 5th! Keep pushing! :woot::woot::woot:

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Great racing last night. Had the worst start possible, forgetting I have to change gear (I blame now having an automatic road car haha!). On my screen I had the smallest bit of contact with @miagi into T1 but from other views I've seen the contact seems to be bigger than I assumed. My apologies for this @miagi. Thanks @Taorminator for letting me by to chase down @Puffpirat - I then spent the next 30mins stuck behind Puff. The straightline speed was insane and couldn't get close to an overtake attempt even in the slipstream so I had to wait for my moment. Luckily that moment came about 35mins in and I managed to take the lead. For once I had a quick pitstop and managed to maintain the 2s lead I had built up.

Great racing @Puffpirat - it took one my best performances to beat you!

EDIT: Overtake for 1st place
That was good teamwork indeed, I felt it would be more productive for both of us not to fight each other and keep our pace, we also had to pull away from @t0daY . I actually also confused @Puffpirat 's lollypop man unpurposedly when I pitted at the same time, I arrived alongside him just as he wanted to release him. So it must have made a difference :p :dirtyairhighfive:

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Seems like I haven't found THE setup trick. Being 10 seconds off in qualy is...well...err...*feelsbadman* :confused:
You may copy my setup anytime ... so we at least can have a fight on track

Nevil

Community Member
Reaction score
I've uploaded my onboard recordings from my quali :rolleyes: and a solid race, which I unexpectedly finished in P9 :)

Users who are viewing this thread