Project CARS 2 PC2 | Revolution Cup - R5: Hockenheim (2 Viewers)

PC2 | Revolution Cup - R5: Hockenheim
Posted by m4nu
Season 8
Thursday, December 5, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, December 5, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
make sure your fuel mix is rich... I did that mistake once of leaving it on lean after the parade lap & wondering why I was so slow
I can send you my setup as well if that will help...

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
make sure your fuel mix is rich... I did that mistake once of leaving it on lean after the parade lap & wondering why I was so slow
I can send you my setup as well if that will help...
That would be awesome

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
As most of you know, i am on the slower side of things. So with slicks i was doing 1:32s after some laps (never driven the combo before). When i switched to wets just to play around, i gained the said 1.5 - 2 seconds.

The last race was devastating already, as I was so far off the leaders (3-4 seconds was normal gap for me in the last seasons). Seeing FuBii doing 1:25s in his posted video just gives me a hint that I am either driving the car totally wrong, or there is some secret pace switch in the setup I didn't find yet. :confused:
I think I might understand where this comes from. You need to drive the slick tire really wild to get the performance out of it. At Nürburgring in S1 the wilder I tossed the car into the corner the quicker I got. Going thru the corner at 15° slide slip angle requires some chill and getting there to do it consistently in a race needs practice. With the wet tire on the rear axis the car feels much more stable and does not need that high side slip angles. It would be understandable that someone that doesn't want to drive the car wild is instantly and significantly quicker with it.
Maybe I totally missed the point maybe you'll find yourself in this explanation.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
From my short clip you'll notice & hear all my inputs, steering, gears, braking points & throttle application...
The more eagle eyed will notice my setup is extremely compromised but at the same time a nice balance for me personally.. Slight oversteer in the faster corners, understeer in the slow. Its finding that balance that gives you confidence to get on the throttle earlier on the exit of each corner, every lap...
Having your brakes set properly definitely helps inspire that confidence to send the car in later & deeper. Its the first & last thing I touch in my setups...

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Interesting information @FuBii

I've had my most frustrating season with any car in any game with this Radical. I find similar problems with PC2 in general. If I brake a millisecond later, apply the trottle a millisecond later, or apply the slightest increase in steering lock, the car spin spins. Zero chance to catch it. It doesn't seem to matter what I do with some of the set-up. I think I have found a balance in the chassis, but all other aspects must be completely out. I'm finishing last in qualifying, 5-6 seconds off the pole position. I know that in other games, I am much closer to the front, even though I would be mid-pack at best.

I want to be competitive in PC2, but I just can't see any way of getting faster.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score

I've had my most frustrating season with any car in any game with this Radical. I find similar problems with PC2 in general. If I brake a millisecond later, apply the trottle a millisecond later, or apply the slightest increase in steering lock, the car spin spins. Zero chance to catch it. It doesn't seem to matter what I do with some of the set-up. I think I have found a balance in the chassis, but all other aspects must be completely out. I'm finishing last in qualifying, 5-6 seconds off the pole position. I know that in other games, I am much closer to the front, even though I would be mid-pack at best.

I want to be competitive in PC2, but I just can't see any way of getting faster.
If you lock the Rear axis the spining around is violent and fast, sure you have no chance to catch. Move the brake balance forward 56 or 57% to be save.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Have been running my BB at 56% now for a while. Basically as soon as the car is into the corner, it wants to spin. So I am often off throttle mid corner, only steering to settle the car.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
be on shortly if you can join, will send you my setups...

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks @FuBii I'm not on tonight, but would be keen to try a different set-up. I got some great help from battenberg and puffy, but always happy to try something new. I'm also hoping to be racing with my new wheel and base tomorrow night.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Ahh you've discovered what we have named the "hypersofts" - trust me on this track the slicks are quicker both on short and long run pace.

I know people ran the whole of Daytona on wets (not myself included)
wow....and I was criticised for exploits last season. That is....a little frustrating to hear to say the least.
Post automatically merged:

It might be worth checking that you're not actually suffering from understeer rather than oversteer. The Radical guide was posted somewhere in this season threads and it does a good job of explaining this. Basically you apply too much wheel input due to understeer, right up to the point where grip gives way and you suddenly get snap oversteer. It's worth using that guide to assess whether you are trying to adjust setup for the right problem. If you are pushing to mitigate oversteer more and more, you might actually be exacerbating the problem.

Last edited:

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As most of you know, i am on the slower side of things. So with slicks i was doing 1:32s after some laps (never driven the combo before). When i switched to wets just to play around, i gained the said 1.5 - 2 seconds.

The last race was devastating already, as I was so far off the leaders (3-4 seconds was normal gap for me in the last seasons). Seeing FuBii doing 1:25s in his posted video just gives me a hint that I am either driving the car totally wrong, or there is some secret pace switch in the setup I didn't find yet. :confused:
Did you set the correct date for the session ? (2nd august) I tested the wets and it was a big nope, even slicks that are much much harder overheat

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Did you set the correct date for the session ? (2nd august) I tested the wets and it was a big nope, even slicks that are much much harder overheat
Yeah it was all set correctly. I am always gentle with a car with regard to tire wear and heat. That's why I'm running in midfield to back, as I just don't feel comfortable riding on the edge lap after lap. My skills are not that developed, and I rather keep it slow and steady than binning it in lap 1 :cigar:

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If you lock the Rear axis the spining around is violent and fast, sure you have no chance to catch. Move the brake balance forward 56 or 57% to be save.
Or ECU -->10 or more coast lock on the diff?

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
TT - rob my quali setup for this circuit =) same as my race except for ducts & fuel

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
August 5th.... oops

Screenshot_20191204-204953_Chrome.jpg

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Finally made some progress with the slicks. Down to low 1:28s :D

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Or ECU -->10 or more coast lock on the diff?
The ECU setting will help but if I remember correctly at low values it reduces negative torque. Higher cost lock will give you understeer int othe corner from the rear axis but that doesn't help with the snap oversteer because of braking I think.

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
wow....and I was criticised for exploits last season. That is....a little frustrating to hear to say the least.
Post automatically merged:

It might be worth checking that you're not actually suffering from understeer rather than oversteer. The Radical guide was posted somewhere in this season threads and it does a good job of explaining this. Basically you apply too much wheel input due to understeer, right up to the point where grip gives way and you suddenly get snap oversteer. It's worth using that guide to assess whether you are trying to adjust setup for the right problem. If you are pushing to mitigate oversteer more and more, you might actually be exacerbating the problem.
Just to clarify things, in daytona wets were just as fast as slicks but needed different management : you needed to push the car in slicks to keep heat in them and nurse the wets to prevent them from overheating. There's no "exploit" i's just buggy and dumb because it is obviously not the way wets should work that's why we call them "hypersofts". I reported this to Manu after the race because it s just dumb and that we should set the in game date to summer to prevent the wets from working. We also openly talked about it during practice sessions. No one up the grid uses wets and there is no magic trick, the car is tricky to setup because because you need the aero to be spot on and that takes some hard practice work which is fun imo. The temperature is the most critical factor with these radicals and the best lap times are found when the tyres are in their sweet spot.

Also about the critics about your previous season tyre trick, I just don't understand why people criticize because as far I remember it was just very clever tyre management which I respect

Nevil

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry :sorry: I can't participate this round. Too much going on in real life at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread