Project CARS 2 PC2 | Revolution Cup - R5: Hockenheim (1 Viewer)

PC2 | Revolution Cup - R5: Hockenheim
Posted by m4nu
Season 8
Thursday, December 5, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, December 5, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It might be worth checking that you're not actually suffering from understeer rather than oversteer. The Radical guide was posted somewhere in this season threads and it does a good job of explaining this. Basically you apply too much wheel input due to understeer, right up to the point where grip gives way and you suddenly get snap oversteer. It's worth using that guide to assess whether you are trying to adjust setup for the right problem. If you are pushing to mitigate oversteer more and more, you might actually be exacerbating the problem.

Interesting point. I do remember the guide and did make adjustments based on it, but it didn't make any difference. It certainly doesn't feel like the car is understeering in the first part of corners, maybe a little on the exit at times, but that is more manageable than the car snapping midcorner.

serioh9

Community Member
Reaction score
Hello, guys!
I understand that i registered too late. But, could i race today? If will be free place, of сourse.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Sorry folks. I am one of the "struck down" tonight and will not be available to race :(

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't make it. Some last minute family thing came up.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey it was a great track tonight really loved it!
I upload my set-up from Nürburgring for anyone that is looking for something quick and stable. It's pretty much the same as my Hockenheim-Setup just few changes. But I felt that this setup was foolproof at Nürburgring. Can be bit tricky on cold tires but really lovely on worm. One last advice, the car needs to go sideways, let it go sideways, stay on the throttel don't overcorrect, don't be too nervous about it. Stamp the throttle early and correct it with the wheel if needed.

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I would say it was a fairly lonely adventure for me but I had an invisible @Puffpirat that I was chasing down all race to keep me on my toes and that seemed to work miracles constantly being in the 1.23/24s race pace. Thanks to @miagi for keeping me honest and all the backmarkers for a perfect job when being lapped!

Happy to maximise the opportunity for points with both race wins and fastest laps.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
This race was a bi polar one for me haha.
Qualifying for both sessions was great. Both a little messy but still felt happy with them!

Race 1: the start, wow... Managed to avoid the usual T1 heroics, got squeezed in the middle 3 wide in t2.. T4 was
If anyone saved their replay for the first race you'll have to let me know, would love to see the replay of that lap.
Rest of the lap went well until the lightest of touches by @Born2BSlow as I was turning into the stadium hairpin rotated me that bit extra. It was then a case of trying to find a gap in the traffic for me to get back onto the road..
Rest of the race was dreadful, one spin coming off the kerb exiting T1... A collision with @Spitfire in the final corner as he tried to spin himself back around, trip into the pits, another spin.. Awful way to end that race...

Race 2: oh boy oh boy. Feel sorry for @Diluvian getting disconnected but it put me on the same row as my team mate @Eugene Flerko & we were able to control the chaos through the first few corners. I immediately switched into tyre management mode coasting behind him until he lost it at the stadium. P3!
After that @Born2BSlow followed me closely for too many laps. I had been going slower than normal to back him up into my team mate who was 2s behind him in the last two sectors & trying to pull away out of the last corner & hoping to pull a gap for the slipstream to be too weak...
Sadly I went a little wide over the kerb leaving T1 & had a moment. I caught the wobble only to lose it & end up back on the racing line. Unfortunately there wasn't any time for him to react & contact was made... Amazingly I didn't receive any damage (lol pcars) but I think I heard @Born2BSlow say he got quite a bit of it. I am sorry man. Kind of ruined both our races.
Managed to recover to p6. Extremely happy with the result but would have been so much more to make the podium.
I WANT ANOTHER ONE haha.
Savouring the thought of when I do eventually get a racing wheel hehe. ;)

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
2 could have been races for me...

First race as FuBii said I just tapped his rear in the stadium, huge apologies for that @FuBii. I over reacted in the attempt not to spin him out and ended up facing the wrong way waiting for everyone to pass. Dropped to last, battled all the way back up to 6th and had a great battle with @Battenberg for while, but when I did make a pass I managed to spin on the exit of the very next corner just pushing too hard. Annoyed with myself as I lost 3 or 4 places right at the end.

Race 2 was going really well, I was up to 4th chasing down FuBii hunting the podium for a long time until he lost it out of T1. FuBii you almost bounced off the inside wall, you were so far off the track, it wasn't a little wobble. I moved left to give you more room but I had nowhere to go the speed difference was too great, just lift next time, control the car, and concede the place please. I should have finished 3rd, 4th possibly as I would have been under pressure, but I limped home in 9th, 14 front damage, understeer and no straight line speed. I lost my shit and spun at the next corner to make it worse, so my disappointing result is not entirely your fault.

Apology accepted, no hard feelings I'm just massively disappointed. Please just lift next time.

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Interesting point. I do remember the guide and did make adjustments based on it, but it didn't make any difference. It certainly doesn't feel like the car is understeering in the first part of corners, maybe a little on the exit at times, but that is more manageable than the car snapping midcorner.
For the people who struggle to tame the car, you might wanna have a look at this article :
I can relate to a lot of the things the author talks about. How to warm the tyres, the need to keep a high speed mid corner, it has it all. One thing I still don't get is the "stamp on throttle" thing, I tend to be smoother than that but maybe there s were I should find pace

Users who are viewing this thread