pCars2 Crash (1 Viewer)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So I was doing some practise runs/ races on Road America in the Ligier when the game suddenly crashed with no error log or message just as the race time had finished...
So into the event viewer to find this;

Faulting application name: pCARS2AVX.exe, version: 7.1.0.1, time stamp: 0x5bffb366
Faulting module name: BugSplat64.dll, version: 3.5.0.6, time stamp: 0x59ef854f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000003b08
Faulting process ID: 0xb28
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4d752db5e7453
Faulting application path: G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Project CARS 2\pCARS2AVX.exe
Faulting module path: G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Project CARS 2\BugSplat64.dll
Report ID: 5ad50b43-db01-4cae-821e-0c40b8794965
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Did I run over a possum or something? BugSplat64.dll Like, what the hell?!
Quickly going over the internet now to find a cause/solution but thought I'd post here as well if anyone has any ideas, please enlighten me

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
That's from the error reporting tool from WMD days. Have you verified the files via steam?

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Doing it now, just checked everything was updated, double checked I didn't have an over-clock on anything, made sure that both steam & pcars were excluded from my AV.
Don't really want to do a clean install but as a last resort...

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
This can be totally ignored. Total pc failure.
Currently picking parts for a new build with me looking to build it when they arrive.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Currently picking parts for a new build with me looking to build it when they arrive.
sucks to hear the PC died but on the bright side you will have a nice fresh pc to race with :D :D

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
You mean that shiny new CPU is toast again? Man, you really have a bad-luck subscription...

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I was saving the dolla to convert an old formula student chassis into a sim rig but pc now takes priority.
This is what I'm looking at now to kinda keep me good for another 5/6 years...
Ryzen 5 2600x
Asus x470-f mobo
Nzxt x62 aio cooler
32gb Kingston HyperX vengeance rgb 3200mhz
Corsair hx1000i psu
A new m.2 ssd for the is.
With most of the budget on an rtx 2070. I was looking at rtx 2060 but found a 2070 for only 40 quid more.
Keeping the old case as I can't really afford a new one when the old one is still in decent condition.
Need to look at pulling hdds from the dead pc & see what survived.
Post automatically merged:

You mean that shiny new CPU is toast again? Man, you really have a bad-luck subscription...
Yeah man, today has been a bad day for electronics.
2 surge protectors failed, taking out my old ps3 & pc. Also the last filament bulb in the building.
So I'm currently a proud owner of an entire bookcase full of blu rays & dvds I can't watch & a fried pc. Parts of which I hope still work as I can do with out the extra expense

Last edited:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
New parts ordered, bit of a pain going through 6 different retailers but it saved me enough for the m.2 ssd & cpu aio cooler so I'd call that a win.:cigar:
Majority of parts to arrive tomorrow:eek: with maybe one or two on Thursday. :rolleyes:
So, practice night then @Shepard ? :pompous: :cool:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
New parts ordered, bit of a pain going through 6 different retailers but it saved me enough for the m.2 ssd & cpu aio cooler so I'd call that a win.:cigar:
Majority of parts to arrive tomorrow:eek: with maybe one or two on Thursday. :rolleyes:
So, practice night then @Shepard ? :pompous::cool:
Hell yeah! I was afraid you would take ages to pull that all together. Glad you are up and running again in a couple of days.
I could improve my lap times a bit already, but there is definitely room for more.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
& one of the places (stuff-uk.net) can not guarantee delivery till Monday using the same courier that the other 4 using :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
annoying... Trying to get a refund & use a slightly more expensive supplier now

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Update!
So everything has arrived! With the exception of the GPU :drowning:
Built most of it, just need to wire the AIO cooler.
Hopefully the old gpu still works so I can get the OS installed & the rest of the software tonight.

*Update on the Update;
So awd-it sent the GPU with royal mail rather than DPD as paid for - many apologies were sent my way for their blunder but mistakes happen.
Everything installed & updated, including the bios. Majority of things have been tested with the exception of any games....which I will do tomorrow before work
Finally - better refresh my PC specs in the signature.

Last edited:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Ignore my poor cable management :joyful:

Users who are viewing this thread