iRacing PCDC & TeamBRIT presents: 6 Hours of Brands Hatch GP (2 Viewers)

PCDC & TeamBRIT presents: 6 Hours of Brands Hatch GP
Posted by Darksi
iRacing
Saturday, December 1, 2018 - 13:00
Until: Saturday, December 1, 2018 - 19:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hello fellow racers,

unlike you are used to, I would like to introduce you to an event to which @Logger has invited us. This event has the goal to promote a sim racing wheel with these adaptions to help disabled people sim race as well. I think this is an awesome way to show our support.
I will now copy here what Logger messaged to @t0daY and myself:

PCDC and we are now hosting an iracing 6hrs of Brands Hatch on Saturday December 1st @ 13.00 GMT.
As you can see we are being broadcast on Racespot.tv and have partnered up with a racing team called TeamBRIT, who help people with disabilities go racing by way of adapted steering wheels with hand controls. They are now looking to promote a sim racing wheel with these adaptions to help disabled people sim race as well. So the aim of this event is to raise awareness of these controls and help them move into sim racing.
The event will go out to public signup around mid-september but before then we wanted to invite a handful of sim racing groups such as RSR to enter teams. I am not looking for any commitment yet, there are still some details to be finalised but I just wanted to make you guys aware of it.

Discord: https://discord.gg/5cmu3ke

Here are the basics of the event :
Time and date of the event

Saturday, December 1st, 2018. 13:00 GMT
Car and Track combination
GTE
Brands Hatch GP

Event Structure
The race is to be treated the same way you would treat any iRacing Special Event. In terms of rules and regulations, normal iRacing sporting code applies. Safety Rating and iRating will not be in effect, however we will have a chief steward monitoring the race for incident points. Once your team reaches certain incident thresholds a stop and go penalty will be imposed. The race will have one split only. Provisionally the incident thresholds are set at 20/30/40/50.... (TBC)
Teams must consist of two drivers. Drivers must complete a fair share of laps, or the team will be disqualified. A fair share is one-quarter (25%) of half of the teams total lap count.

Practice sessions
29.11.2018 Thursday 17:00 - 21:00 GMT
30.11.2018 Friday 20:00 - 00:00 GMT

Race session
01.12.2018 Saturday 13:00 GMT
40 minute Practice
20 minute Qualifying
6 hour Race (14:00 GMT race start)

Weather
Late Afternoon

All details will be finalised within the next ten days but the race format wont change from what is listed above.

TeamBRIT are providing prizes of a tour of their hq and a go on their Sim for the winner and perhaps the top 3 teams. Further details on all this to follow but there will be prizes of this nature for the winners.

Anyways I hope you guys fancy entering some cars on the grid, we would love to see a load of RSR teams signing up. If you are interested just give me a shout on here or Steam or email Pauldavies82@hotmail.co.uk

Many Thanks

Paul Davies (Logger)

I hope that we will get some cars on the track to show our support!

Provisional Teams:

- RevolutionSimRacing #12 - @grobi0815, @Vernux
- @t0daY
- @javoresku
- @SillySausage
- @2scoops
- @Darksi
- @Jonno
- @Ben Watkinson
- @Anto

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
im in!

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
That clashes with VEC!

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Count me in, sounds like fun and a good cause! I should be very much acclimatised to iRacing by then and would be super keen to join in :)

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Will you take a 1000ish iR teammate? I have an A license.
Sure, I don't care about the iR. Let's just wait for everyone, because of the car choice. Maybe we want to drive a different car.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If I can get out of rookie state by then, do you know what I will join, its a good cause.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If I can get out of rookie state by then, do you know what I will join, its a good cause.

No license required for a custom event Si :)

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
oh well that case count me in.

Logger

Community Member
Reaction score

Its great to see so many of you interested. There is a signup link in the attached PDF which also has some updated info about the live stewarding. Take care all hope to see you on the grid.

Attachments

• PCDC Brandsinfopack.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 488

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Im a definite for this one, with regards to car I will buy whichever one i need to race with lol.

Logger

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi again all
Just a little update to say the event is progressing nicely. We have a Pure Racing Team Car on the grid so lets all forget about any ideas of winning the race hehe :p A nice development is a few of the iracing streamers are on board and more to come. Also the actual sim center at Brands Hatch, called Race Hub, are entering three cars plus the guys at simsportnews have a car on the grid too. So all progressing much better than i could have hoped. Hope to see you guys on there soon :)

Logger

Just to add: dont worry too much about car choice at the moment in that we arent going to ask which of the three cars anyone is using. I'm sure if we did we would just end up with a million requests to change car over the next few months!

Last edited:

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
count me in!

Anto

RSR Academy
Reaction score
This sounds good, count me in. A reason to finally bite the bullet and get iRacing again, plus the 3 month promo code covers race day so that's a bonus!

Users who are viewing this thread