iRacing PCDC & TeamBRIT presents: 6 Hours of Oulton Park (1 Viewer)

PCDC & TeamBRIT presents: 6 Hours of Oulton Park
Posted by m4nu
iRacing
Saturday, April 6, 2019 - 13:00
Until: Saturday, April 6, 2019 - 19:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
might jump on FP3 My self soon

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, that was really something, if you had asked me 12 hours ago how the race would go knowing that @t0daY was still drunk and about to start practising I would have said I'm not sure, but to be sat here now after finishing P2 is just fantastic.

I got the privilege to qualify and start our race off, had I put some more practice in I could have been nearer the front, however, it was very close and managed to start in P9. Initial jump was great, but found myself in the usual T1 incident..

Anyway, carried on and at the end of Lap 1 I was running 6th so was already punching above my weight, laps continued and managed to pass into P5 and when P3/4 were battling snuck around the outside of P4 into T1 to take 4th and push on after the Buschfinks. After numerous laps behind, I managed to make a somewhat clean pass imo, I'm told it was netcode (sorry @Dutchtastic )

This allowed Fury Simsport to catch up and they were a rocket in a straight line, I did wonder if we had some fender damage from the initial lap 1 carnage, but I have no idea, anyway we went side by side and again, hopefully not my fault :(

Settled into P3 whilst losing time to P1 and P2 each lap, this only continued into the second stint where we were pulling away from P4. @t0daY took over the car and did a fantastic job, he only had one real incident which was like a carbon copy of the @Cornworld D24 incident but I called it much quicker and we were saved with minor front end damage. @t0daY managed to also double stint the tyres in a last minute decision and was very consistent and managing the gap to the car behind but sadly losing time to the leaders - it's worth noting the extra lap he did at the end of his second stint saved our bacon. During the stint P1 disappeared and we inherited P2 behind @fab. ICEMAN @Vernux

I got back in for stints 5 and 6 and it was a tall order to make sure we didn't have to splash and dash. I managed to balance fuel saving and pace to pull away from P3 whilst dropping some time to our guys in front, we had some laughs in the final stint and in the end, bought it home to finish in P2 behind @Vernux and @fab. ICEMAN (very kind of them to slow down so we could finish together).

Congrats to @grobi0815 @SillySausage for finishing in P11 and also to @Ben Watkinson @Anto for finishing the race despite behind multiple laps down. Commiserations to @Cornworld and @Raigore for the troubles you had at the start. This was a fantastic race for us, well done to everybody :)

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
MURDERERERERERER!
It wasn't too bad, track is very narrow and with cars so close anything can happen :D

But HOLY SHIT GUYS.. amazing result for RSR.
Way to get the teamname out there :)

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
yeah great win guys!, yeah I lost my cool for the first few laps, I binned it :( maybe id I didnt we could have come a little higher, their was a lot of DNF's that race, but the fisrt lap was awful so many drivers mid field and at the read going all out at it when their was 6 hours to go was crazy! had some good action with matt malone though despite being a few laps down on him, but at least we got some Air time :D. look forward to august's event :)

Users who are viewing this thread