Project CARS 2 Performance issues (1 Viewer)

UberMongo

Community Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, but since the last 2 updates I have sutherred with the game crashing at the change over screen from qualifying to the race. I have also noticed an increase in screen freeze/stutter effect in VR which always ends up happening during a vital turn resulting in a crash or loos of momentum. WAs just wonering if this happens to any of you guys also?

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Is it just me, but since the last 2 updates I have sutherred with the game crashing at the change over screen from qualifying to the race. I have also noticed an increase in screen freeze/stutter effect in VR which always ends up happening during a vital turn resulting in a crash or loos of momentum. WAs just wonering if this happens to any of you guys also?
VR stutters during turn are no new thing as such, normally its because it is revealing/rendering the most complex area of track. I've not noticed any specific changes in the last 2 patches though. And definitely not additional crashing on moving from quali.

UberMongo

Community Member
Reaction score
VR stutters during turn are no new thing as such, normally its because it is revealing/rendering the most complex area of track. I've not noticed any specific changes in the last 2 patches though. And definitely not additional crashing on moving from quali.
Yes the VR stutter has always been there as you say, I always thought it might have had something to do with people disconnecting the game when they rage quit etc.

Ive tried verifying files on Steam etc. only other thing I can think of, is my children and wife all on their consoles and Tablets and my Modem having a heart attack trying to keep up lol

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Yes the VR stutter has always been there as you say, I always thought it might have had something to do with people disconnecting the game when they rage quit etc.

Ive tried verifying files on Steam etc. only other thing I can think of, is my children and wife all on their consoles and Tablets and my Modem having a heart attack trying to keep up lol
It's far more likely to be graphics settings. You might want to drop them a little. Also particularly overcast races or night races with lots of car headlights is a big struggle for VR. I have a 1080Ti and good processor and still have to keep the settings relatively low if I want to race online with consistent fps.

daniel v

Community Member
Reaction score
Guys please help!! I just bought the game and now i have a good pc in wich to play. But im suffering a very anoying problem. My screen become slow on one second and then come back to normal speed, my fps drop to 40 or 30 by one sencond and go back to 90, that cause that i get out the track, or crash some one, or that my steering move be more than i did.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What's the exact spec of your PC? Whilst waiting for that info, it's worth mentioning that if the CPU and/or the GPU are overclocked, it might be worth returning them to stock clock speeds and see if the problem goes away. And welcome back!

daniel v

Community Member
Reaction score
CORE: AMD FX-8370 BOARD: GIBABYTE GA 970 GAMING MEMORY: DD3 8 GB CORSAIR GRAPH: GTX 1060 3GB
Post automatically merged:

I found this and it fixed my problem!
First i did what says on this video, it reduced it a little.

Then i did this and it totally change the game! now im gonna try and see if i can undone what i did by the video and see if i can play with more fps
In Control Panel choose - Vertical Synchronization and tripple buffering. Stick with 2 pre rendered frames. That fixed most of my turn stutter issues.
And you should manage to get Ultra Track and Car details (most important IMO)
Post automatically merged:

Sorry to annaunce that those things only make me happy by 2 laps, after 2 laps it started again :(

Last edited:

daniel v

Community Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: After watching and trying all kind of things i start looking at the cpu Temperature, and i noted that when it reached over 80 C its when the problem apairs, so it is a temperature problem, probably others who have the same error can star looking this first

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a heat throttling problem then? What CPU cooling are you running? I know mine exceeds 80c with no problems but mine is notorious for running hot, your model might not be the same.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yep, classic CPU throttling issue. Not sure what to suggest other than maybe getting a better CPU cooler (depending on what you're already running of course).

daniel v

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, im playing with cpu opened to cool it down, i also need to put atleast 2 more fans

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
AIO liquid CPU coolers are fairly cheap and do a great job, probably safer to go with one of them than just fan cooling if that's what you're doing.

Users who are viewing this thread