rFactor 2 Potential Event Idea: Team Racing (1 Viewer)

Interested?

• Yes, I own the game and am ready to go.

Votes: 34 87.2%
  • Yes, I don't own the game (yet...)

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Nope

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hello all, I want to gauge interest in a team rFactor2 event one day, as a sort of driver swap taster for those interested in team racing. I'm thinking of something like this:
  • 1 hour race
  • 2 drivers per car, 1 starts and 1 finishes
  • pits open for mandatory driver swap at around half way point
  • Identical cars (GT or Touring) with open setups
I'd like to see a good amount of people interested in this before I go about figuring out how to do it. It'll probably go on sale at some point, so let me know if you're interested but don't own the game yet too.

Last edited:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Im in, give me a shout if you need any help @Battenberg

Reactions: Tom

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Haven't received a alert again, voted for yes btw, but I am waiting for a rfactor 2 sale to pick it up. Or does rF2 have no sales?

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Be a great if we could do a full btcc season as there the only game i know to have all the btcc cars.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I voted yes, I have the game, but I’m not ready to go ;) when I find time I’ll do a session with Manu to get everything up and running :)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I voted yes, I have the game, but I’m not ready to go ;) when I find time I’ll do a session with Manu to get everything up and running :)
Signup to P1-gaming.de and join us for some practice if u like!

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
sounds good

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
So I just pulled the trigger on rFactor2, GT3- and Endurance-Pack... Looking forward to have some real team action!

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Think it's always a good idea to have a few practice sessions together and get everyone educated on the sim :D

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
@Battenberg I guess we are busy enough with VLMS & VEC right now. Postponed to next year, maybe?

I was thinking about this the other day and was about to ask here whether we could organize something like GT Masters or similar. I had some ideas to make it a bit more "surprise surprise":
  • Teams are being set randomly, somewhat like the Pro/Am approach in Revolution Cup, but partners chosen by a wheel of fortune, where the Pro/Am classification is done by time trials.
  • Same goes for the car: Each team gets a car assigned, with the randomizer tuned so that we have approx. the same amount of each make.
  • I would favor for default setups to reduce prep time (as we will still be running PCARS I guess, and ACC is also 'round the corner)

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yep, it's all a bit too nuts right now for this, but I'd like to give it a try at some point just before Xmas, at least before ACC reaches maturity.

As for the format, I was thinking along the same lines as you :) I've not tried them yet, but I think the S397 Radical around Zandvoort would be a good combo.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Revive old thread lol... You still thinking of doing this @Battenberg..??. If so i can set up a lobby for it wont be dedicated just me being the server. Might be a good idea with the p1 stuff ccoming up just a thought...

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wait and see, there's been some movement behind the scenes. I'll give you (and others) a shout when we can start testing something ;)
Ahhh cmon you know you can trust me not to tell anyone anything lol

Users who are viewing this thread