Project CARS 2 R0: Red Bull Ring (1 Viewer)

R0: Red Bull Ring
Posted by m4nu
Project CARS 2
Wednesday, October 16, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can confirm, there will be no "interesting" slicks based tactics in the wet for this car. It's a joy on the wet tyres.
That's why the first pre-season race was in the wets :)

Sonic

Community Member
Reaction score
I apologize for today's race, all who tried to overtake me, for technical reasons, I did not see you.:rolleyes:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Thanks for tonight's little test guys. Had some good fun with this car. Though the df still throws a curveball at me. Was able to consistently lap in the 33s with rear df at 7 but after hearing people saying they were on 2, I tried lowering it down. During practice I was able to get into the 32s with the df at 3. Tried rear df at 2 for the first race & was no where going backwards. 2nd race was an absolute delight. With rear df at 4 with the anticipation of rain. I also raised the car all round by 8mm & softened everything a click. Was able to stay behind the aliens for the first lap & got pulled clear of the field.
After that I managed the gap to @Nakor who kept me honest & pushing throughout. Think I stayed out a lap too long on the switch but had to test the slicks with a wet track...
A few laps of tip toeing about before I realized that the car handled better, braking was so much better, sharper turn in on wet tyres... Better traction... Just felt better... Until I clipped (what I thought was the grass) & into the barrier. Some minor damage but I could live with it.... Next lap, spat into the same barrier.. At which point I noticed it was a huge puddle that wasn't there 2 laps prior.... Damage done, 20 suspension damage & aero.. Was able to hold on to 5th place from @Pierre CREUSEVAULT in the final lap who had closed 16s in the final laps.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Damn I'm
I apologize for today's race, all who tried to overtake me, for technical reasons, I did not see you.:rolleyes:
I noticed LOL... I was on your left on start finish straight ... you came to the left... cars touched... the PCARS2 sticky- car bug got activated... and off we went into the barriers...

Last edited:

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can confirm, there will be no "interesting" slicks based tactics in the wet for this car. It's a joy on the wet tyres.
We will see tomorrow how the slicks work in light rain :p

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Enjoyed racing these today...not sure if i'd driven the SR3 before. After a very quick attempt at a setup, I seemed to be around the right pace. I don't actually remember race 1 too much except getting a huge 0.75s of screenfreeze right in the middle of Wurth (need to fix this before the season). I have no idea how my car was in the right place after that, Somehow I got super lucky and only lost a seconds gap rather than the race :). In race 2 I made a silly mistake and got pulled into the gravel and ended up 5s behind Puffy and Glimpse. I just had to make as few mistakes as possible and hope to catch up when things got wet & slidey. That worked but I hit a few bits of traffic in bad places that slowed me down slightly and made it a real challenge to catch up before the end. I managed it but just when I thought I had it in the bag on the last lap and on the inside of Puffy I was just a bit too far over and brushed the puddle which meant I didn't have quite enough time for another attempt before the line. Hoping for lots of wet races! ;)

Stream:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I also enjoyed this. However we might not want to race in autumn conditions. The tires just don't heat up so you cannot trust the car to stick when throwing it into a corner. The wets however worked very well. Wet racing should be a blast with this one.

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Q1 went unbelievably good - I went out immediately and planned to keep lapping for the full 10 mins knowing the temps would be better towards the end of the session. Managed to put in the lap of my life to get pole position!

R1 - Had a great start but slowly @Puffpirat and @SBart_uk caught back up and used the slipstream to good effect. As soon as I got overtaken I had a big snap of oversteer in sector 2 which put me 4 seconds down and out of contention - had a pretty lonely race until the finish.

Q2 - Close session between the top 3, definitely had time to gain for another change at pole but couldn't quite get the lap together.

R2 - I had a good start and managed to get ahead of @SBart_uk after a mistake. I knew I was going to pit as soon as it started raining and with @Puffpirat staying out an extra lap this proved to be the correct decision. I came out right behind Puffy and with the lap experience already on the tyres I felt I had the advantage and then 1 lap later I had a huge moment which lost me 2/3secs and then a lap later I took too much yellow sausage kerb and it lead to a spin and a stall. Quite a lonely race once being in 3rd with nobody that close in front of behind but fun to drive in the wet!

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Had great fun both races but could have finished higher. 1st race I missed the 'Ready Vote' button and had to start from the pit. My setup worked very well, loads of grip in the corners... could easily catch up but also noticed other cars accellerated better. Will have to figure out how to improve accelleration. Did about max 208 km/h on the start finish straight... wonder what others did?

2nd race I crashed, see earlier message, and my pit crew gave me slicks instead of wets... so had to pit twice... and no time for damage repair.

Nevil

Community Member
Reaction score
I missed the first race, but after I changed the Steam ingame serverbrowser setting to 1000 max ping/min, as Nakor suggested in Teamspeak, I was able to see and join the RSR dedicated server for the second race. In the car setup I didn't change much other than the gearing, DF 1/4 and some basics such as lower brake duct and radiator opening %. In qualy I was not able to get sufficient heat in the tires (in the race this was even worse), but most of us had this issue I guess. When it started to rain I was behind my teammate Pierre who pitted, so I stayed out for one more lap. The pitstop went fine and the second half of the race in the rain was more fun, although in these conditions the framerate was struggling sometimes, so next time I have to maybe lower some graphics settings. I had a nice batlle with Battenberg for a couple of laps at the end of the race. I'm looking forward to the next test tonight.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
The car is great. As much as I'd hoped for Group A, it's time will come, and these cars are a blast.

Race 1: Started 4th and watched 1-3 pull away nearly immediately, while I pulled away from 5th. Sat in my own bubble for most of the race. I did have one "donut" in the middle at T2 (really proud of my slick save to get it facing the right way asap) which did make it interesting as the gap to 5th closed from 10 to 3 seconds.

Race 2: spend quali adjusting the car so only got one hotlap. Started 7th, spun the car at T3(?) as @Battenberg wobbled in front of me and I overreacted (new car, new pain). Spent the rest of the dry period moving from last to 7th before the rain hit. Eager to do my pre-season testing duty I stuck it out one more lap than I should have. The next lap was scary but fun, and definitely not fast. From there I held onto 8th, until I think I passed @Battenberg who had a little trip to the grass. I did have a few amazing saves though when hitting the water around the Ss. The new wheel is good for something, as I'd be surprised if I could have saved the car with the Logitech. 7th place finish and a load of telemetry for the crew to look over.

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Something I noticed in the setup for this car was that both Geared LSD and Clutch LSD were turned on in the default setups. Is that common? I assumed it was one or the other.
I would also say only one should be active. But it‘s just a game and could be a setup bug? But thanks for notice, so everyone can verify his setup.

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Nevil

Community Member
Reaction score
How on earth does one get those tire-temperatures in this game? :confused:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Remember that this was a preseason test so the season, track location is different from the actual league races.. Think of it like the f1 pre season test.
The tracks *should* be hotter than they were here so tyre temps shouldn't be too far off where they need to be

Users who are viewing this thread