Until: Thursday, October 17, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just to add my notes about the wet tyres and the accelerated tyre wear. In my case the front left tyre was dead about for the last two laps. But i still could drive almost at the same pace.
So i assume they hold about 20 min if you care a bit. That should be enough for 1/3 weather slot in the 1hour race like yesterday or one slot of 2 in a short race.
And to add what i think was the case at least in PC1, the moment when your ingame dash shows 0% tyre, external telemetry still showed about 30%. If that is still the case, it would explain why yesterday almost all had zero tyre left but still no burst tyre.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
For me the race ended in the first s-combination in first lap because of side-by-side driving without getting enough space mid corner. Had to repair the completely destroyed car and was about 1 lap behind the leader after lap 1.
Same for me... and on top of that, I couldn't avoid you and made it even worse... Touched your car rear left 'slightly' ... after which we both lost our back bodywork.. sometimes the PCARS2 damage model over exaggerates in a massive way.
Hope everyone drives more save during seasons opening race... it doesn't make sense to risk all at the start of a 60 minutes race, with the chance of #@#$#ing-up someone's race.

My procedure
- rolling start: focus on keeping your position, and focus on not touching anyone, make sure we all get in one piece over the finish line after one lap.
- if you are closing in on the cars in front of you, and a faster car approaches from behind, don't waste your time defending your position and risking a crash. Defending makes you slower, and he will pass anyhow. Better let the faster driver pass so you can together close the gap to the cars in front, once close enough you can fight for position with equal or slower drivers. Unless it is close to the end of the race of course, when it makes sense to defend your position.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Just to add my notes about the wet tyres and the accelerated tyre wear. In my case the front left tyre was dead about for the last two laps. But i still could drive almost at the same pace.
So i assume they hold about 20 min if you care a bit. That should be enough for 1/3 weather slot in the 1hour race like yesterday or one slot of 2 in a short race.
And to add what i think was the case at least in PC1, the moment when your ingame dash shows 0% tyre, external telemetry still showed about 30%. If that is still the case, it would explain why yesterday almost all had zero tyre left but still no burst tyre.
I've worked with the telemetry output whenn creating my dashboard for my stream. Generally the tyre has no green left at 50% of total tyre remaining. I'm not actually sure why PC2 does it this way.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've worked with the telemetry output whenn creating my dashboard for my stream. Generally the tyre has no green left at 50% of total tyre remaining. I'm not actually sure why PC2 does it this way.
Maybe the tread is simulated, and it is the tread that is worn and shown? Actual rubber left on the tire then.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
From what I recall (which almost certainly means I'm wrong), the display shows 'tread' not rubber. Yorkie would be able to confirm 100%, being a SMS bod and all (or maybe the boss @t0daY can confirm :) )

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
From what I recall (which almost certainly means I'm wrong), the display shows 'tread' not rubber. Yorkie would be able to confirm 100%, being a SMS bod and all (or maybe the boss @t0daY can confirm :) )
In addition to this, I remember that the indicators show only 50%. So when these are empty, the tire has not evaporated into space, but the remaining tread is absolute no-no to drive on.

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
In addition to this, I remember that the indicators show only 50%. So when these are empty, the tire has not evaporated into space, but the remaining tread is absolute no-no to drive on.
Honestly I didn't really feel a change in front end grip after it was depleted. It didn't stick before, it didn't stick less after...
Post automatically merged:

My feedback regarding the race :
- 60 min format is awesome! Strategies are key and you need a setup that works on the long run even in changing conditions
- accelerated tyre wear in slicks is great, you actually have to manage your tyres and that s good
- wear on wets felt bizarre... difficult to know the difference in grip between the new and worn tyre. Still driveable even though the tyre was fully worn out
- overall it is very positive :)

Last edited:

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
I don't feel this is the right car for tire managment games. In real life the light prototypes don't wear the slicks much. In Pcars2 this car wants to go sideways and needs to go sideways, that and tire management doesn't fit.

Users who are viewing this thread