Assetto Corsa Pre-Season #1: Silverstone GP (1 Viewer)

Pre-Season #1: Silverstone GP
Posted by Ricardo
Assetto Corsa
Wednesday, January 22, 2020 - 18:00
Until: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Guys remember to leave some feedback

Def

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
it was a good race, I have to say the spacial awareness is on point, although the first time the Prototypes came by, it was chaos, not for me, but in front of me. Maybe something to look at, unfortunately my replay doesn't go back that far (30:45 on the stream below)

The first few laps in GTE were back and forth, it was very enjoyable.

Feedback: Quali is OK, however Silverstone is a big track. We still have 30minutes to set a lap, so it's pretty good, but with many more cars on a smaller/tighter track, we might run into some issues.

Race: was a bit rusty in terms of letting people pass, most of the time it was ok. I think the next race will be important to get a sense of the difference of speed between the cars. Looks like acceleration is way better than GTE, but top speed not so much.

Last edited:

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
This season is going to be interesting (GTE's first 15 minutes, top 5 cars, <8 seconds between us)

For context for my points below - I loved it today, the two class system was my first and it was awesome. The sound of the Prototype when accelerating away is amazing.

Points/Questions I would like to offer:

Question regarding the seasons race lengths - Are the races 60 or 90 minutes, On the calendar they are all saying 90 but this one was 60.

Observation/question on start times etc. - On the original post the Qualification was to start at 19:30 and the race at 20:00 but qualification did not start till 20:00, what are the times planned for the season.

Start Procedure Observation: With the number of cars on the grid for this season and two classes of cars, all of us being on the straight when the leader says "Go Go Go" is going to be a challenge. The GTE's left about a 4 second gap and if this was a full grid 1/2 of the GTE's would still have been in the last Chicane. Just an observation.

Prototype Overtakes Clarity (subjective one :eek:): It was mentioned at the start that the Prototype is to overtake safely. How aggressive an overtake is deemed acceptable regarding stewards inquiries and how are they to be treated. On two occasions I had a Prototype yeet! it up the inside during the braking zone that forced me off track (one with contact, one without) and another one yeeted! it up my bum in a corner (very unpleasant contact). They didn't seem intentional they were all down to the pace difference of the cars but as the slower car do we have any accountability of getting out of the way when things get tight. In addition - several times I was just entering the braking zone and was not sure to carry on or fully yield. Clarity/guidance on this would be awesome and I appreciate that individual incidents depend on a lot of variables.

Please note: with the exception of the three incidents I mentioned above the Prototypes were awesome in picking there moments to pass even when they were fighting for positions :D.

Observation/Question: There were a lot of disconnects tonight but there seemed to be a few mentions of "Game Crashes" on Team Speak. Of those who quit was it due to game crashes?

PitLanePenalty observation: The pit limit line and the PLP apps activation on this track were very different and I painfully got a drive through penalty. I think it will be wise for people to test the tracks with the PLP app active to find its limits to avoid penalties - Note: The pit limit penalty in the PitLanePenalty app only gets triggered in a Race (not practice or qualifying).

Can't wait for the next one :).
Post automatically merged:

I have never wanted to through my wheel so far.... Fells free to watch it all aswell :p

Ouch! :eek: :inpain::banghead::dead:

Last edited:

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
I have never wanted to through my wheel so far.... Fells free to watch it all aswell :p

Little bit of dirty blocking at 1h 37m 10 secs. :p

But that is the end is so unlucky man! :eek:

This season is going to be interesting (GTE's first 15 minutes, top 5 cars, <8 seconds between us)

For context for my points below - I loved it today, the two class system was my first and it was awesome. The sound of the Prototype when accelerating away is amazing.

Points/Questions I would like to offer:

Question regarding the seasons race lengths - Are the races 60 or 90 minutes, On the calendar they are all saying 90 but this one was 60.

Observation/question on start times etc. - On the original post the Qualification was to start at 19:30 and the race at 20:00 but qualification did not start till 20:00, what are the times planned for the season.

Start Procedure Observation: With the number of cars on the grid for this season and two classes of cars, all of us being on the straight when the leader says "Go Go Go" is going to be a challenge. The GTE's left about a 4 second gap and if this was a full grid 1/2 of the GTE's would still have been in the last Chicane. Just an observation.

Prototype Overtakes Clarity (subjective one :eek:): It was mentioned at the start that the Prototype is to overtake safely. How aggressive an overtake is deemed acceptable regarding stewards inquiries and how are they to be treated. On two occasions I had a Prototype yeet! it up the inside during the braking zone that forced me off track (one with contact, one without) and another one yeeted! it up my bum in a corner (very unpleasant contact). They didn't seem intentional they were all down to the pace difference of the cars but as the slower car do we have any accountability of getting out of the way when things get tight. In addition - several times I was just entering the braking zone and was not sure to carry on or fully yield. Clarity/guidance on this would be awesome and I appreciate that individual incidents depend on a lot of variables.

Please note: with the exception of the three incidents I mentioned above the Prototypes were awesome in picking there moments to pass even when they were fighting for positions :D.

Observation/Question: There were a lot of disconnects tonight but there seemed to be a few mentions of "Game Crashes" on Team Speak. Of those who quit was it due to game crashes?

PitLanePenalty observation: The pit limit line and the PLP apps activation on this track were very different and I painfully got a drive through penalty. I think it will be wise for people to test the tracks with the PLP app active to find its limits to avoid penalties - Note: The pit limit penalty in the PitLanePenalty app only gets triggered in a Race (not practice or qualifying).

Can't wait for the next one :).

Ouch! :eek: :inpain::banghead::dead:

First time the LMP had to pass the GTE's was just crazy. 6x GTE cars within 5-6 secs and all fighting, switching places and going 2-3 wide. But was really really cool. :) The GTE looks like everyone is super close. :)

Last edited:

David Siska

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My thoughts:

It was a perfect test race for me.

I've done some multi class races (mostly on iRacing), but the fastest vehicle I drove was a GTE car. So I have to get used to the fast Prototype in traffic. I think I'll start some AI races with a lot of C7s to practice the situations.

I feel that the default suspension setup isn't optimal. The car jumps a lot on the bumps. I can hear under braking that the tire looses contact with the track (without ABS) We should create a more suitable suspension and damper setup for tracks with lot of bumps.

I had a strange pit stop and I heard that I wasn't the only one with this issue.
On the Pit Strategy screen I only chose fuel before the race. No tire change, and I didn't requested any repairs.
At the box the pit stop screen showed car repairs and it took a lot of time. After that the car had crazy understeer and I was 1-1,5 min slower that before.
I found out that when driving you can change the rear wing in the pit strategy menu. It had a default value that I didn't notice.
ierbox.png

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanx for the intro race yesterday! Was an interesting one!

My feedback:
- Qualifying with all classes on track was :cool:. Just like the real thing. One thing we need to keep in mind here (well, in general actually): drivers that drive out of the pits, please double check your mirrors/rear camera for cars on their quali lap. I had a couple of incidents where I started my hot lap, but was held up by slower cars coming out of the pits. I don't have any issues with slower cars on track, as generally I yield if I have to. However I think cars coming out of the pits have a responsibility of not blocking (I'm sure it's 100% unintentional) cars in their fast laps.
- Racing was fun. I lost the car twice under braking causing the car to spin, and loosing positions.
- Get your pitstop strategy sorted and be sure you can select between several strategies. I didn't know how to select different strategy and ended up losing 2nd place after my long first stint.
- As stated before, when lapping GTE's, the GTE's should stick to the racing line and the prototypes should lap responsibly. I had one or two moments where the GTE did move from the racing line with all the best intentions, but that makes life a bit hard and tricky in race situations. A GTE can safely move from the racing line if there's lots of room to do so. For instance on a long straight you can do that safely and give the prototype the room for overtaking. I usually indicate the faster well in advance by flashing my lights so the upcoming faster car sees the signal from my rear lights. Helps really well.
- Loved the chaos when @Wizard and I approached the first GTE pack. I think I held my breath for a couple of corners until we cleared them. But personally I think things went ok as people clearly lifted the throttles to give each other space and room to survive.

For me personally these were the first laps in the prototype. My pace wasn't that good. The day before yesterday I could do 1m47s on race pace easily and yesterday I was struggling to get a decent 1m48 in the race. For me still lots to learn about the prototype and I like that challenge.

Oh yeah........and I need to sort my VR settings as they were clearly set too high :-D

See you all next week!

Last edited:

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Will be 90 mins, as this was just a pre-season test our focus was more towards cars and how people adapt to each class,setup testing and that kinda stuff so we agreed on doing 60 for Silverstone and 90 for next pre-season at spa

my fault, but still as we reduced to 60mins race we had enough time to do things the "wrong" way.For next race times will be respected for sure

We're discussing how to improve it

Yes GTE class must keep the racing line and Prototypes must find a safe way to overtake,like was said on ts if GTE cars can lift a little to make it easier for everyone yeah perfect.
Regarding Stewards everyone is free to make an enquery when you feel the need to do it
This was first multi-class race we did in ac,people need to get used to it

yeah a couple people had game crash,i dont have any explanation on it

PLP like any other thing is not perfect we all know that,i got a DT for speeding in pits i just missed the correct line.its advised to do some pit testing.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
At the box the pit stop screen showed car repairs and it took a lot of time. After that the car had crazy understeer and I was 1-1,5 min slower that before.
I found out that when driving you can change the rear wing in the pit strategy menu. It had a default value that I didn't notice.
View attachment 8464

@David Siska I had exactly the same. After the pitstop, although with fresh tires, my lap times went down the drain badly.

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
I had a strange pit stop and I heard that I wasn't the only one with this issue.
On the Pit Strategy screen I only chose fuel before the race. No tire change, and I didn't requested any repairs.

I had the exact same problem. For some reason my rear wing was changed to max during the pit stop and had massive understeer afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread