Assetto Corsa Pre-Season #2: Imola (1 Viewer)

Pre-Season #2: Imola
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa
Tuesday, July 30, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Dear god, what a disastrous night for me.

Sorry for standing still at the start of Race 1. 1min before the race start my wireless keyboard slipped out of my hands and fell unfortunately on the sleep button. I could get the PC to work again, but my Rift didn't want to work again, so I had to close AC first and then log back in again. Hopefully everybody could avoid me :(
Was already too pissed after that and out of anger I made far to many mistakes in both races... Perfect night to demonstrate why I and Imola are not the best friends in the universe :)

I had no issues with the car, the electronic aids or the tires. Took me quite a while to get used again to AC, the open wheeler and eapecially no ABS after the ACC 2h Spa race :) From my side, I don't need TC as this car does not have the raw power to kill you at every corner exit.
Setup took my a little while, but in the end I used my Silverstone setup with more ride height to cope with the high kerbs.

Imo I would ban Soft tires and would only go with the mediums and hards. The Softs are pretty much qualy only tires and will not even work in qualy at tracks like Spa.
The medium tire is alright and with Aero, ARB and maybe right height everybody should be able to find a good setup with not to much effort needed :)

Greets,
Exited

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
morning everyone,
last night i saw a lot of people spinning and loosing control of the car was it due to tc? your feedback is very important at this point so please tell us if you want/dont want tc/abs for this season
thank you
Hi,

I didn't use TC and had no issues accelerating out of corners. The only times I had "a moment" was when I put a wheel on a high curb or the AstroTurf after the chicane's. A small lift off the accelerator quickly gave back traction so no real issues.

I did however use my own set-up as I found stock gave me too much understeer and Alex's had too much oversteer (I spun a lot with this one)

Can't remember the actual values but I only changed - camber, toe, wings, diff preload and anti-roll bars by a few clicks from stock.

Hope this helps.

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Man these cars look so good with those liveries !

Didnt do any practice and maybe i should have or maybe i just need to chill a bit more in the race.
Anyway race 1 was pretty nice until i had to many penaltys and then after that 2x drive trough :banghead:, race 2 was just 1 corner until someone went flying on a curb and landed on track in the side of my car . Car was wrecked to much rear end was not doing what it needed to do i had to retire.

Car was great out of the box imo but can be better offcourse.
If we do semi-open setup i also would like the option for brake power to be open. Else i almost cant look at my brake and it already locks-up.
Mediums are the way to go i think maybe with bit more wear for the challenge etc.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I ran the car with TC last night. Not sure if that was a contributing factor to my results....

I know that we had around 15 drivers in the end, but still shocked with my results. Practice was going okay, but could only creep into the 35's at first. Then, it just started coming together, into the 34's and then the 33's. Finally in qualy I managed to dip into the 32's and was stunned with P6 on the grid. I have to admit, even for a pre-season race I was very nervous being that far up the grid. Race 1, I got a really good start. I don't really remember the details but at one point due to a few incidents in front I was up to P2. My pace was decent, in the 33's. Eventually I did get overtaken by the top guys @Alex Salmon et al, but again with a bit of luck was in P3 with a lap to go. Coming into Rivazza I got spun off by a backmarker. Some light damage in the rear and got it back on track to finish P5. Race 2 was fairly similar. A decent start. This time, more battling than race 1, some good stuff with @Nada @Morvic @Exited and a few others. Then going into Rivazza I got on the brakes being chased by @Exited knowing he was better on the brakes and expecting a pass on the inside but I guess you braked a little better than me and we made contact. No harm and back on to finisih the race in P5.

I really hope I can be this competitive in the season as I don't usually do well with open wheelers. See you all at R1!!

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Here's my video, cba to timestamp it for now:

Not a great performance from me yesterday. I needed more practice to get back into the groove of this car. I couldn't get a proper good qualy lap together on the soft tyres, and kept over driving the car and couldn't settle in. After my tangle with Corentin, I had a pretty lonely race 1 with some half hearted clumsy driving towards the end. I left and re-joined in the pre-race 2 break, which broke something in the game as I spawned inside Alex's car. I had finished in P9, so should have been spawned in P2 for the top 10 reverse grid, but was put in P9 instead. Something funky going on there.

On rejoining the server, I forgot to load my race setup so started with only 30L of fuel. I got a hang of the car by then (most likely aided by the lighter fuel load), as my pace was pretty good and was able to stay with Vernux as we closed up to a gaggle of cars ahead. The car was a joy to push at this point, these laps alone have got me hyped for the season. Once I ran out of fuel, I went to softs in an attempt to get fastest lap (@Corentin_Bergès, did you really do a 1:29?!). More mistakes and off tracks led to a drive through penalty, and more ham fisted clumsy laps to the end.

Some notes:
  • I was hampered by lots of stutters and micro freezes in my VR during the race, sometimes turning into a corner only to stutter through the apex and resume on corner exit :eek:. It was a little better in race 2 when I turned off nonessential background processes, but it still remained enough to be distracting. Since nobody else had issues like this, I assume it's just on my end and nothing to do with the liveries.
  • The only times I lost the car was by going off track, hitting curbs wrong, or just because the car was unstable under braking (all due to not enough practice or over driving). I don't think TC is needed at all, you only need a lap or 2 to get used to the power delivery. ABS should be kept off too, trail braking to the point of juuuust locking up is so satisfying :D.
  • Medium tyres were fine for me. I overheated them whilst spinning, but they did recover as you would expect.
  • I got pinged by PLP a few times when rejoining the track after an off, even though I had lost lots of time. But it did work as it should on most corners I extended. Puffy also reported it didn't trigger if you ran wide around the astroturf on the exit of the chicane. So it does work as expected some of the time, but still a bit rubbish in certain situations.
  • I used a similar setup to Silverstone that seemed to work ok for me once I upped the downforce and increased the Diff coast (again). The tyre blankets were useful to get in the ballpark for tyre pressures pretty quickly, as you can see the hot pressures from the setup menu.
  • I passed lots of incidents on lap 1 of race 2 - the race is 30 mins long, chill out a bit!

Corentin_Bergès

Community Member
Reaction score
Here's my video, cba to timestamp it for now:

Not a great performance from me yesterday. I needed more practice to get back into the groove of this car. I couldn't get a proper good qualy lap together on the soft tyres, and kept over driving the car and couldn't settle in. After my tangle with Corentin, I had a pretty lonely race 1 with some half hearted clumsy driving towards the end. I left and re-joined in the pre-race 2 break, which broke something in the game as I spawned inside Alex's car. I had finished in P9, so should have been spawned in P2 for the top 10 reverse grid, but was put in P9 instead. Something funky going on there.

On rejoining the server, I forgot to load my race setup so started with only 30L of fuel. I got a hang of the car by then (most likely aided by the lighter fuel load), as my pace was pretty good and was able to stay with Vernux as we closed up to a gaggle of cars ahead. The car was a joy to push at this point, these laps alone have got me hyped for the season. Once I ran out of fuel, I went to softs in an attempt to get fastest lap (@Corentin_Bergès, did you really do a 1:29?!). More mistakes and off tracks led to a drive through penalty, and more ham fisted clumsy laps to the end.

Some notes:
  • I was hampered by lots of stutters and micro freezes in my VR during the race, sometimes turning into a corner only to stutter through the apex and resume on corner exit :eek:. It was a little better in race 2 when I turned off nonessential background processes, but it still remained enough to be distracting. Since nobody else had issues like this, I assume it's just on my end and nothing to do with the liveries.
  • The only times I lost the car was by going off track, hitting curbs wrong, or just because the car was unstable under braking (all due to not enough practice or over driving). I don't think TC is needed at all, you only need a lap or 2 to get used to the power delivery. ABS should be kept off too, trail braking to the point of juuuust locking up is so satisfying :D.
  • Medium tyres were fine for me. I overheated them whilst spinning, but they did recover as you would expect.
  • I got pinged by PLP a few times when rejoining the track after an off, even though I had lost lots of time. But it did work as it should on most corners I extended. Puffy also reported it didn't trigger if you ran wide around the astroturf on the exit of the chicane. So it does work as expected some of the time, but still a bit rubbish in certain situations.
  • I used a similar setup to Silverstone that seemed to work ok for me once I upped the downforce and increased the Diff coast (again). The tyre blankets were useful to get in the ballpark for tyre pressures pretty quickly, as you can see the hot pressures from the setup menu.
  • I passed lots of incidents on lap 1 of race 2 - the race is 30 mins long, chill out a bit!
Wow oups I was cut a chicane because I was sick driving alone and having penalties for going off track by plp. Forget this time as the best I did was 1:32 I think without cheating ...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

T.rev.1

RSR Academy
Reaction score
It's okay! It just preseason race.
No probs, mate, when we. Had green green, errr nothing no gas no escape menu, nothing!! Had to disconnect from server, sorry.:mad:
Post automatically merged:

Thank you all for a great race. It was fun. In the first race ran out of fuel one lap before the finish. In the second race two drive through penalty for cutting and speeding on pit. :banghead: My bad.
Car is good. I used TC in 1 position and it's realy helped me to drive this car on this track but also with the TC off it wasn't a big problem. Front tires was cold but maybe it was because I was too slow :(

My apologies to @T.rev.1 for the hit in first race.
No worries mate this will happen as much as we would not like it too it happens.;)

Last edited:

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I ran the car with TC last night. Not sure if that was a contributing factor to my results....

I know that we had around 15 drivers in the end, but still shocked with my results. Practice was going okay, but could only creep into the 35's at first. Then, it just started coming together, into the 34's and then the 33's. Finally in qualy I managed to dip into the 32's and was stunned with P6 on the grid. I have to admit, even for a pre-season race I was very nervous being that far up the grid. Race 1, I got a really good start. I don't really remember the details but at one point due to a few incidents in front I was up to P2. My pace was decent, in the 33's. Eventually I did get overtaken by the top guys @Alex Salmon et al, but again with a bit of luck was in P3 with a lap to go. Coming into Rivazza I got spun off by a backmarker. Some light damage in the rear and got it back on track to finish P5. Race 2 was fairly similar. A decent start. This time, more battling than race 1, some good stuff with @Nada @Morvic @Exited and a few others. Then going into Rivazza I got on the brakes being chased by @Exited knowing he was better on the brakes and expecting a pass on the inside but I guess you braked a little better than me and we made contact. No harm and back on to finisih the race in P5.

I really hope I can be this competitive in the season as I don't usually do well with open wheelers. See you all at R1!!
Ohh god, yeah sorry mate, that overtake try was just terrible from my side... Completely misjudged the width of my car :-(

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ohh god, yeah sorry mate, that overtake try was just terrible from my side... Completely misjudged the width of my car :-(

No worries mate. Was just good to be battling at the front. I know I'm not the best on the brakes, and braking in the draft of these cars seems to be very tricky!

T.rev.1

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Great racing guys!! Loved the livery's
Did not have my own, hopefully this will be sorted for next race.
1st race going well taking it easy avoiding incidents and keeping to track aiming to finish the race to get back into the swing as i have not been racing for a little while. Only had 1 warning for the race, got taken out at one point unexpectedly whilst passing someone. Used basic setup with a bit more downforce, found it manageable, went off/spin a couple of times Got lapped!!
2nd race, green green and nothing???? No power no control had to disconnect:mad:o_O

looking forward to next race.

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow oups I was cut a chicane because I was sick driving alone and having penalties for going off track by plp. Forget this time as the best I did was 1:32 I think without cheating ...
Still no answer? Cutting because your sick of driving alone? It is a bad joke right?

Users who are viewing this thread