Assetto Corsa Pre-Season #2: Oschersleben (1 Viewer)

Pre-Season #2: Oschersleben
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa
Tuesday, April 9, 2019 - 19:00
Until: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The way work is looking i am going to drop out of this race tonight. I hope you all have a good race and its a worthwhile test.

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Possible to show up 1 hour earlier? Because Driver Briefing starts 6:30 UTC, which means only half an hour time for help.

Yeah should be possible.

Antony Brown

Community Member
Reaction score
Evening.
Soz but may not be able to make tonight. I'm reserved anyway. Have a good race.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
looks like i can race after all

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
wont be able to make it. burnt my arm at work (2nd dgree). surely i wil be fit for the first race
wtf... as melhoras amigo

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So, I'm very slow in this car. No surprise there. I feel like it has understeer and oversteer. Anyway, it's probably just because I'm s#$t.

After the glass update file I thought it was fine. Yes, the lights in the rear view are quite strong, but not too bad really.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
For those (in VR) with problems at. I changed a few things yesterday and found it quite doable tonight :)

AC_settings1.PNG

When you click manage next to the sol filter (should be redundant with the checkboxes but you never know ;)
AC_settings2.PNG

And in the sol__config.lua (\Steam\SteamApps\Common\assettocorsa\extension\weather\sol)

AC_settings3.PNG

AC_settings4.PNG

Last edited:

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well that where 2 interesting races. First i f* up myself i think when try overtake i braked and think went to far in car next to me causing me to bump off track with damage. So pit damage repair and then just try to get in ritme because i was 30sec behind at least. Still managed to overtake some.

Race 2 Went more ok. I think pace was ok not as fast as fastest guys but still good to battle with some people. Ended up P4 with the top 3 in front of me. Tried couple of times to overtake but its very hard and when not giving much space it ended up in tears for me. @miagi do you use helicorsa ? I mean i was next to you and just cutted my line completely ? I watched replay to be sure and i cant understand you just steering in like that can you please give your point of view maybe i am wrong and dont understand ?

For VR i changed some settings in Content Manager and i added the file that was given by Noztra that helped really much !

Last edited:

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Well that where 2 interesting races. First i f* up myself i think when try overtake i braked and think went to far in car next to me causing me to bump off track with damage. So pit damage repair and then just try to get in ritme because i was 30sec behind at least. Still managed to overtake some.

Race 2 Went more ok. I think pace was ok not as fast as fastest guys but still good to battle with some people. Ended up P4 with the top 3 in front of me. Tried couple of times to overtake but its very hard and when not giving much space it ended up in tears for me. @miagi do you use helicorsa ? I mean i was next to you and just cutted my line completely ? I watched replay to be sure and i cant understand you just steering in like that can you please give your point of view maybe i am wrong and dont understand ?

For VR i changed some settings in Content Manager and i added the file that was given by Noztra that helped really much !
Sorry for the contact, I went for a too tight line into that corner.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can all members who still experienced blinding issues after the glass texture .dds file fix (as covered in the briefing) please post in this thread.

We've solved the issue in one case already, we suspect it was an installation issue, but it would be good to get more info to nip this in the bud.

Recommended settings & SOL Setup guide to come tomorrow.

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
I've got mised feelings about tonight's event. First, positives:
- Organization was very good. Instructions to install SOL very simple and easy to set-up and it worked good in the game. Also the glare was solved with that last minute link. So night races are definetely doable.
- Racing was good (as far I could see). Everybody was calm in the first lap, passing definetely possible (although it's a very tight track). I especially enjoyed the battle with Noztra.

And the negatives:
- Frame rate was bad (VR user), barelly on the border of playable. It's probably a combination of multiple factors like SOL and track optimization.
- Visibility was terrible. No fun in driving if you can't see the apex; lights only brighten the central part of the track. Imo SOL does not bring anything to the table. Sure it looks nice, but thats about all it is. I'd rather play in clear skies honestly.
- tyre model on this car has big issues. Tyres would heat/cool at a much faste rate then normal; i.e. i would go into the last corner with 70-80 degrees, it would go over 100 mid corner, back to 80 on exit and down to 50 at the end of the finish straight. I don't know if it's some paramater in tyre model or something with time progression doesn't work right, but with this state it's borderline unplayable.
- The car itself: This is somewhat connected with the previous point and a bit personnal, but I really dislike this car. It has no character, understeers insanely (can't really set it up because of tyre issue), visibility out of it (to right side) is terrible and i just don't enjoy driving it. The RHD I've gotten used to it slightly, although I would still switch to LHD in an instant.
- It might be a bit off-putting for your average Joe when he sees all the things he has to install and setup for this.

The tyre thing really is the biggest negative imo, others I can live with.

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
Anything anybody here can help with? If you think somebody here can help, stick a thread up in the off-topic section
One of my triple screen stopped working 2 days ago (Display port) and I think it is the cable as HDMI works and with the DP cable, no other DP ports on my GPU works and I think it is impossible that all my DP slots failed at the same time. SO I ordered new cable and today I will test it :)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Quick fix for visibility:

Does this file removes dirt on windshield or just removes glare?
Post automatically merged:

Despite low visibility (read: High brightness :) ) when a car with lights turned on is on my tale, I really enjoyed racing with this car. Awesome little racing car.
I didn't do practice at all, so I assumed that I will be slower in qually, but difference of more that 4 secs with JetPistol was still shocking. One good thing about it was that I knew that I can push car harder, so after few laps in race I was down to 1:34 and competitive with most of other drivers what gave me opportunity to fight for top 10 even at start I was like 20th or even 23rd (I can't remember)...

Here is my POV of race 1:

Race 2 I started 11th, and due to others quit, I moved to 8th (easiest progress in race of all time :D) even before race started.
Best part of Race two was at the end when I had great battle with @Angel Monroy (here is best example of how bright was windshield when Angel was close behind me)

Too bad that you left out a fuel.

Conclusion:
I think this Sol 1.1.1 mode, improved game's performance and visualization. Even with 45 FPS I had smooth driving experience. Next time I'll try PuffPirat's settings, and I am sure it will be even better FPS-wise.

To my teammates (@Noztra @Ricardo Macieira) - I'll will practice much more for official races in season than this test drive :) I promise :smug:

Last edited:

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Interesting races yesterday :)
Qualy went alright, P3 behind @Alex Salmon and @JetPistol is nothing too be ashamed off :)
Start into race 1 was a little bit chaotic, as @Puffpirat was on a personal hunt on @JetPistol and got him straight away into T1 :p can't remember exactly what happened afterwards but somehow I ended up in P5. Tried to overtake P4 but he aggressively squeezed me onto the grass on the start finish start which made me miss my braking point and slam into the back of P3. No idea who that was but sorry to the guy in P3...
Somehow managed to start ACC in the break between Race 1 and 2 which made me loose my complete FFB and driving in race 2 impossible :-(

Sol did work for me properly and the glass patch did improve visibility for me, even though the dashboard was still pretty bright when someone followed me closely. But it was manageable.
The racing into the darkness brought a new challenge to the table which is pretty good imo. Tbh I have to giggle a bit when I read that you can't see shit in corners because the headlights are too centered. These cars don't have adaptive corner lights so I suspect the visibilty is really bad in RL too. Thats no SOL error, you should get used to it.
Can't comment on the tire thingy. Had my tires app closed and the car drove pretty straight forward, no issues with the tires in any corner.
If the car is too understeery for you, then you need to change the ARB, rear wing and toe to a desired level. Of course this car won't turn in like a F1 but thats the 'curse' of an low aero and lightweight car. You need to learn how to trailbrake properly and get the car into rotation while braking, works wonders (at least on my side).

Cheers,
Exited

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I can advise people to do some setup work when in the league. I did not do practice with the latest settings so my practice and qualy times where way off front runners. Changed some things I noticed in qualy and in race it went much better and better laptimes.

I must say I like the car. With some tweaks it turns ok and you can do a lot with the brakes for making it turn in better and tailbraking to put the car in the right direction. That also helps with tire temps.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Jomba I had pretty consistent tyre temps throughout (temps can be seen on my stream), and the car felt predictable all night. It might be the core temp my data uses, and the surface temp you're looking at? AFAIK its normal for surface temps to rapidly heat and cool under sudden loads.

@Dama_The_Crow the glass file will replace the dirt & scratches texture used for the windshield with a transparent one, making it completely clear. The scratches show up as opaque under light, which was causing the main problem for most people.

Users who are viewing this thread