Problems with Thrustmaster t500rs PC2 (1 Viewer)

Jenzo

Community Member
Reaction score
I have tried to play Project Cars 2 with friends with my Thrustmaster T500RS Wheel & pedal setup. For some unknown reason the wheel & pedals not being picked up in-game. Never had issue with the wheel ever & i have other games that use a wheel & pedals all working fine with it Games: F1 2018, EST2, ATS,AC. All working fine. Have tried everything could think of even had friend in IT that tried. We have installed the latest Firmware,Drivers & reinstalled the game & the profile folder cleaned out, Cleaned out all old files from the Registry.

It seem that this only happened after the latest update from PC2 UPDATE 1.07 installed on the 10th sept. All my friends have Logitech wheels & its working fine for them , so just wondering if anyone on here has Thrustmaster wheel that is having same problem & have managed to find the issue to get it fixed.

Thanks for any help..
JENZO

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
I don't own a Thrustmaster but I have had that problem with my Logitech when I first got PC2.

My problem was the fact I use multiple USB inputs (Logitech wheel base/DIY Wheel/DIY keypad/Fanatec Pedals/TM HOTAS) on my rig. PC2 would only regognise the HOTAS as the input device. I found that Windows was setting the ID of the devices and PC2 (like most games) would only take "controller ID 1" as its input device. I managed to change the ID of the wheel to "1" and its worked ever since but I do have to start the wheels profiler with the game then shut it down once the games started.

• If you have more than one controller attached, check to see if you can change the input priority of your wheel so that it is seen by your system as "input ID1".
  • Another oddity with windows that does still crop up is the USB 3/2 problem. Regardless of backward compatibility, some USB 2.0 devices don't like being plugged into a USB 3.0 socket (my HOTAS Cougar being one of them). Check wether you have your wheel in a 2 (white) or a 3 (blue) socket. But if your OS is ID'ing the wheel then it won't be this.

Other than that, someone with a TM wheel will have to chime in. There have been a number of issues with PC2 and the T500RS in the past, some hardware and some software/drivers.

Hope you fix it.

Jenzo

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. But i have tried to put the wheel in different ports & the PC picks it up no problem i have even deleted the wheel profile FFB setting then reinstalled all the drivers & firmware but for some reason still PC2 dont pick up the wheel i have even install PC1 that works ok with the wheel & pedals with having to config the wheel. so i think its the PC2 game is not picking up the thrustmater T500RS wheel.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Just to make sure: Are we talking about calibration or assigning? The axis have to be assigned prior to calibration.

Jenzo

Community Member
Reaction score
Just to make sure: Are we talking about calibration or assigning? The axis have to be assigned prior to calibration.

The whole lot it does not pick up anything from the wheel or pedals at all & have reset to default controllers has well & nothing. But works perfect on PC1 , i think its to do with the game i have messaged them yesterday about it waiting on reply..

Users who are viewing this thread